Bo Nix Is Mentioned During the NFL Game

IronMan70

• IronMan70 changed the title to Bo Nix Is Mentioned During the NFL Game

Ive said it for 3 years and I will say it again but if there was a professional back yard football league, Bo would be the MVP. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I'm not as much into the NFL as I use to be so this is quite the coincidence. I was channel surfing and landed on an NFL game. I was the KC Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles NFL game and I decided to watch a few plays. About 5 minutes later one announcer said to the other, "I don't know if you watched the Auburn-LSU game last night. What Bo Nix did in the game on that play is what Jalen Hurts (Eagles QB) was trying to do right there." Kind of a cool mention and a nice recognition for Bo and Auburn so I wanted to pass it along. I have a feeling "the play" is going to be remembered for a long time.

bo got benched and he learned and he was a man on a mission. we will have good games and bad games but to expect a person to preform above his talent level is not fair. and for the record i am for whomever wears the orange and blue so my statement is an obseration and not a slight at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

So those commentators stay up late on Saturday night?

They probably just seen the highlights on social media. It got posted a million times as soon as it happened 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

They probably just seen the highlights on social media. It got posted a million times as soon as it happened 

I’m thinking that is good for the program.

• Like 1

A good mention in a NFL broadcast.

I've gotten to where I can't stomach NFL games anymore with the constant mention of dozens upon dozens of SEC players in the league it makes me sick that Auburn doesn't have more in the pro's.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m thinking that is good for the program.

I'm thinking you're right. A positive mention and the free advertising goes a long way.

Love him or hate him, Bo is as nationally recognized a player as we have had since Cam. Unfortunately, a lot of that is due to his wildly inconsistent play, and much of his fame is from people laughing at his expense ("Bo Pix"). But he is absolutely a household name and synonymous with college football at the moment. Comparable to like a Chad Kelly or Brady Quinn or Mark Sanchez in that their unpredictable play fascinates people whether they suck or they're great. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Love him or hate him, Bo is as nationally recognized a player as we have had since Cam. Unfortunately, a lot of that is due to his wildly inconsistent play, and much of his fame is from people laughing at his expense ("Bo Pix"). But he is absolutely a household name and synonymous with college football at the moment. Comparable to like a Chad Kelly or Brady Quinn or Mark Sanchez in that their unpredictable play fascinates people whether they suck or they're great. 

Nobody in Baton Rouge is laughing!!

• Like 2

Lol. Tre Mason was a Heisman finalist. Nick Marshall was QB for two of the biggest wins in school history, the national title game, and two of the most explosive offenses in program history. Derrick Brown was a top 10 draft pick. Kerryon Johnson led the league in rushing. I might be forgetting others. Bo Nix is not a household name. He's a regional meme. Maybe the crazy play the other night perked up some ears and maybe he achieves that status if he keeps playing that way but he's not even close yet. 

If you want a guy who is a household name for playing "inconsistently", it's Spencer Rattler. Bo isn't in that conversation at the national level. Such are the depths of mediocrity to which this program has sunk. Here's to the ascent back to relevance. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. Tre Mason was a Heisman finalist. Nick Marshall was QB for two of the biggest wins in school history, the national title game, and two of the most explosive offenses in program history. Derrick Brown was a top 10 draft pick. Kerryon Johnson led the league in rushing. I might be forgetting others. Bo Nix is not a household name. He's a regional meme. Maybe the crazy play the other night perked up some ears and maybe he achieves that status if he keeps playing that way but he's not even close yet. 

If you want a guy who is a household name for playing "inconsistently", it's Spencer Rattler. Bo isn't in that conversation at the national level. Such are the depths of mediocrity to which this program has sunk. Here's to the ascent back to relevance. 

Hard disagree. In State College every frathouse's banner was a play on his name. Saturday in Baton Rogue LSU fans were mocking the focused and having fun meme. Search "Bo Pix" on any given Saturday. It's mostly negative press but nobody who watches college football is unaware of who he is. 

Screenshot_20211004-151134_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211004-150716_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-152050_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, keesler said:

A good mention in a NFL broadcast.

I've gotten to where I can't stomach NFL games anymore with the constant mention of dozens upon dozens of SEC players in the league it makes me sick that Auburn doesn't have more in the pro's.  

We still have some. Heck without AU players the Raiders lose to Miami last week. Barber ran for a career high 111 with a TD and Carlson hit 3 fg's including the game winner. Good chance Barber gets another shot tonight with Jacobs still listed as questionable. He will be facing the worst rush defense in the league. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Hard disagree. In State College every frathouse's banner was a play on his name. Saturday in Baton Rogue LSU fans were mocking the focused and having fun meme. Search "Bo Pix" on any given Saturday. It's mostly negative press but nobody who watches college football is unaware of who he is. 

Maybe I’m missing something, but pointing to an SEC school making fun of Bo Nix doesn’t prove your point that he’s a house hold name. Not sure what you meant by State College, so can’t comment on that. And pointing to Bleacher Report doesn’t prove your point either. They cover sports. They should know the starter of an SEC school. They could probably tell you Buffalo’s starting quarterback. And memes don’t mean anything either. I can post a meme on the internet about Vandy’s starting quarterback and it appear online. Doesn’t make him a house hold name. I have to agree with Loofa on this one. Now, if he keeps playing like he did Saturday, then  he’ll be a household name before long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

He's been the starting QB at Auburn for two and a half years, so of course football fans know him. Played in the Iron Bowl twice and several other games everyone watched. 

Kelly is probably a good comparison. Quinn and Sanchez were bigger names because they were held in much higher regard. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

OMG is this a hot mess. Auburn needs to divert focus to do reputation management on the 'interwebs'? In the first year of a new system and new staff we gotta worry about tabloid opinions vs not drowning? Auburn just needs to take care of business as best it can. Extremely high probability AU will come out far ahead of the mean girls posting unflattering facespace tweets. :cool:

2 hours ago, AUx said:

OMG is this a hot mess. Auburn needs to divert focus to do reputation management on the 'interwebs'? In the first year of a new system and new staff we gotta worry about tabloid opinions vs not drowning? Auburn just needs to take care of business as best it can. Extremely high probability AU will come out far ahead of the mean girls posting unflattering facespace tweets. :cool:

Lol how could you read what I wrote and think I'm concerned about press? Strange.

Sorry. You are right. Yeah I did miss the point by 50 yards. I skimmed from PSU and LSU negatives right over the complimentary media and, the point. I don’t know what I was thinking. Sorry.

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Jarrett Stidham had a lot of recognition........ 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Jarrett Stidham had a lot of recognition........ 

It's just different. Bo has the legacy narrative that's been hammered on, and had some marquee wins as a freshman (Oregon and Bama) that instantly put him in the spotlight. Add his sometimes bizarre decisions, sometimes terrible play, and sometimes unreal highlights... he's just someone that's a very recognizable name in CFB right now.

Jalen Hurts was obviously much better, but I think he and Bo are viewed kind of similarly by the public - freshmen starters, big play ability, inconsistent, inaccurate, fans want the backup, etc. 

11 hours ago, cbo said:

Quinn and Sanchez were bigger names because they were held in much higher regard. 

And played for- at least at the time- significantly sexier brands. Both USC and Notre Dame were riding massive waves, even given their considerable built-in brand recognition, at the time those guys played for them. 

In case it hurts feelings less, the fact that Bo is 100% not a nationally recognized "household name" is more about Auburn than it is about Bo. If he'd stepped into the job at bama or uga or Ohio State and played as poorly as he has, everyone would know. Of course, at any school of that caliber, he likely wouldn't have started in the first place and certainly wouldn't have been allowed to continue to start uninterrupted those first two years. But I digress. Auburn was only briefly relevant on the national stage four years ago. We haven't won a league title in 8 years and we've never been to the playoffs. Until we change those things or someone puts together a Heisman-caliber season, we won't have any "household names". 

PS- If there was a candidate on this team for "household name" going into the season, it was Tank. Now I'd be surprised if we have any. We have some guys who might get there, though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Auburn was only briefly relevant on the national stage four years ago. We haven't won a league title in 8 years and we've never been to the playoffs. Until we change those things or someone puts together a Heisman-caliber season, we won't have any "household names". 

What's your definition of "relevant" and "household name"? Auburn's the 8th most financially valuable brand in all of CFB, 5 gameday appearances in the last 3 seasons, always in the top 10 for most watched games per year (we owned the record for highest rated cable broadcast ever, for a while). Using what barometer is Auburn not one of the highest profile schools in college football? 

Some of you guys have Stockholm syndrome from being around Bama fans all your life, I think. Auburn has ascended to a perennially relevant brand, even if we aren't always in the title picture.