Boise Magic + Jordan-Hare allure = Puppy tears?

DAG

To have a chance to beat Georgia...

hold them to field goal tries as much as possible (they will move the ball)

win the turnover battle

have big plays from the special teams/defense 

hit one or two long passes for scores 

Limit penalties to close to nil 

• Like 1

If AU can just score one more point than the GA golden doodles . We can win . Hope my math is correct. Late night last night 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Not trying to pump too much sunshine here but UGA barely beat Climpson 10-3.  Climpson has shown they are mediocre at best. Arky looked awful on the road in Athens but they seemed quite overrated in the top 10. Texas and AandM both seem kind of weak adding to Arkys lore. UGA blew out all the teams they should blow out. 

I really think we have a chance here. Play with discipline and be stingy with points and I’m not ready to concede anything.

Been thinking the same thing myself.  Clemson is a fraction of their former selves and Arky got a bump from beating two teams that aren't very good (Aggies lost at home to Miss State last night). I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Auburn might be the best team UGA has faced come game time next week.

UGA looks great, but not sure they've really played a good team yet.

• Like 1

Mason's adjustments can't wait until half time or the 2nd quarter. Our defense has to come out with a fire in its belly from the first play of the game until the last. If we let them march down the field on almost every possession in the first half, game over. I don't have much hope that we win but that, IMO, is the biggest thing that needs to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Man move on. Your Schtick is getting so old. We won. The family is happy. Get over it. 

I don't have a "Schtick" and I'll say whatever the f*** I want to say.  I am also happy with the outcome.  That doesn't mean that asking what the hell was the thought process behind that onside kick isn't a fair question.  That is the second time we have come out after the half and done something ridiculous to start the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I don't have a "Schtick" and I'll say whatever the f*** I want to say.  I am also happy with the outcome.  That doesn't mean that asking what the hell was the thought process behind that onside kick isn't a fair question.  That is the second time we have come out after the half and done something ridiculous to start the 2nd half.

You aren’t happy. You are acting like a little prick. Grow up . Gus is gone . Deal with it. There was no point of you coming here, bitching about an on side kick other than to start a fight. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

You aren’t happy. You are acting like a little *****. Grow up . Gus is gone . Deal with it. 

Who says I am not happy?  I was thrilled last night with the outcome.  My God you are obsessed with Gus.  I have been critical of him for doing the same type crap many times before.  Just because there is a different coach doesn't mean that dumb calls cannot be pointed out.

Just now, AU9377 said:

Who says I am not happy?  I was thrilled last night with the outcome.  My God you are obsessed with Gus.  I have been critical of him for doing the same type crap many times before.  Just because there is a different coach doesn't mean that dumb calls cannot be pointed out.

This thread is about the Georgia game dumbass. Go to the post game thread if you want to whine about that. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This thread is about the Georgia game dumbass. Go to the post game thread if you want to whine about that. 

I will do as I please.  I was responding to another comment.  Mind your own is you can't act like a grown person.  Aren't you a little old to be calling people names like a child?

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

I will do as I please.  I was responding to another comment.  Mind your own is you can't act like a grown person.

You legit came on this thread and said who was the idiot who called the on side kick? Nobody forced you to say that? This is about UGA , yet you want to call our coaching staff idiots. Again your Schtick is getting old. I know you are upset CBH led us to victory and Gus loss to navy but it will be okay. Waffle House is still open. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You legit came on this thread and said who was the idiot who called the on side kick? Nobody forced you to say that? This is about UGA , yet you want to call our coaching staff idiots. Again your Schtick is getting old. I know you are upset CBH led us to victory and Gus loss to navy but it will be okay. Waffle House is still open. 

Because if we do that stupid s*** again this week, it likely won't end well.

Edited by AU9377

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I've seen a lot of complaint about that, but if it had worked, 

This isn't a justification.

It was a bad move.  Let's just admit it and go on.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

My main source of comfort is that Bowlcut and Co. does not have the comfort of “preparing” for Malzahn’s offense this week.

Hear hear.  No more freebies for opposing DCs!  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

I like the idea of AU special teams' play being unexpected like that and I'm sure the players on those special teams relish the opportunity to make a big game-changer play.  Those plays aren't always going to work out in AU's favor, but sooner or later the Law of Averages will justify them.  Watch & see.    

I am not conceding anything! This is the type game where the crowd at Jordan Hare can make the difference if we don’t get behind by more than a score early! The longer we can keep it a close game the more the crowd becomes a factor! I will be there doing my part and the student section has been lights out this year even in the out of conference games. Jordan Hare will be rocking if we can keep it close early!

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I'll point it out again.  For the love of God, please refrain from calling a stupid play coming out of the half.

Another topic and you keep putting out false information.   Where is Facebook and twitter mods when you need them?

I let you in on a secret….#5 dropped the ball.   Did you hear it?  #5 dropped the ball.   
#0 did not attempt to recover the ball last night.   If I were the coach, I wouldn’t have done it or at least done it that way.      

$mart is $pecial at recruiting player$ and knowing who to hire & when to fire them, but he can be an almost Philip Fulmer-level boob on game day. UGa is loaded & deep but full of 18-22 yos with delusional self images right now. If we get healed and put together some primo execution of the gameplan I know this staff can make, we can beat these mutts by 2+ tds next Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

$mart is $pecial at recruiting player$ and knowing who to hire & when to fire them, but he can be an almost Philip Fulmer-level boob on game day. 

That is exactly right!  If we can keep it close late in the game or even be ahead, Kirby will screw up.  I realize we are going to have our hands full, but stranger things have happened. 

I think we will get annihilated BUT to have even a small chance, We have to make it to the second quarter tied or up in this game. If we by some miracle make to half tied or within 1 score then watch out. 

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

No you have not been equally critical of Gus, on this forum, other than the whirly bird game.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, EagleEye67 said:

It was a bad move because it didn't work out. If it had worked out, it would have been a good move.

Again, I don't have a problem with it because the opportunity was clearly there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1