We Don't Win Tonight Without TJ

AUght2win

I honestly also think there's one more thing to add to this list: knowing you have a more than just competent backup QB means you can call more QB runs for QB1. And we saw what that did last night!

• Like 3

Yeah I know after the GSU game he wanted to be the hero this game. I know he's feeling a way about that but you're definitely right. He has helped.

It was a good strategy. TJ wasn’t terrible either. And I also think the competition is what made Bo improve. I had lost confidence he could. The back foot throws were something I didn’t think he would fix. It was much improved. 

I guarantee we will use TJ again. Bo isn't known for his consistency.  🙄 I am grateful for the times he is really good, but sometimes his messes up in the decisions. It looks like he's too much in his own head at those times. I think sitting made him regain focus. I'm grateful to have a quality backup to put in.

• Like 1

Bo has rarely had the chance to stand on the sideline and watch another legit QB run the Auburn offense. He came on and started from game 1 of his freshman year. Most QB's get a year or two to stand on the sideline and observe and soak it all in. Sure, he's been on the sideline for a wildcat play now and again or to let Loy mop up. Giving TJ a chance to take the O out for a spin when it matters and giving Bo a chance to observe is huge for both of them. It will pay huge dividends for both of them. 

• Like 2

TJ and Bo, now, are a winning team.  If CBH uses them properly, we will go places this season.

Kudos to CBH last night for the QB rotation.  Putting TJ in there a series seemed to spark Bo to new heights.   

I have now officially moved from "cautiously pessimistic" to "cautiously optimistic."

you know everyone reacted when he came in the game... but it was actually classy to give him a series in Baton Rouge against his former team. I'm sure it meant alot to him rather than just sit after fighting all week and hoping for the starting job. Hars said after the game that he earned to play in the game. Pretty cool. If he had led us to a score... then things definitely get more interesting and harder for Harsin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

TJ and Bo, now, are a winning team.  If CBH uses them properly, we will go places this season.

This it the only way to look at what we have. If Bo has to play every game like he did against LSU, there may not be enough of him Left to play in a few games. We’ll need TJ to help offset the abuse.

At this point, TJ would be entering a situation that is not in his favor. If we can get a line that can block, TJ will be a great one once he takes the reins. 

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1

To the OP, I believe Harsin had the QB rotation set before the game if Bo was stagnant coming out of the gate.  What impressed me about the way Harsin handled it was TJ had a drive into LSU territory and actually let him try to convert a 4th down play.  Harsin has some guts and he wants his QBs to have that same attitude.  Which one is going to play like that?  Tonight it was Bo.

I would think Harsin will not hesitate to rotate the QBs like he did last night for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

I will admit I was one who was upset with pulling Bo after the second drive. I will gladly admit I should not have been upset.