'The bully has met his match'

aubiefifty

'The bully has met his match': Trump loses NDA case against former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman

Brigid Kennedy, Contributing Writer

Tue, September 28, 2021, 9:10 AM·1 min read

In this article:

Former President Donald Trump has lost in an effort to enforce a nondisclosure agreement against former White House aide and The Apprentice star Omarosa Manigault Newman, The New York Times reports. Manigault Newman is also the author of Unhinged, an unfavorable tell-all about her time in the Trump administration.

"Donald has used this type of vexatious litigation to intimidate, harass and bully for years," said Manigault Newman in a statement. "Finally the bully has met his match!"

The decision, handed down on Monday, calls for the former aide to collect legal fees from the Trump campaign, which filed the case soon after Unhinged was published. The campaign claimed Manigault Newman had violated a nondisclosure agreement signed during the 2016 campaign "stipulating that she would not reveal private or confidential information about [Trump's] family, business or personal life," per the Times.

However, the arbitrator in the case claimed "the definition of the type of comment protected by the nondisclosure agreement was so vague that it had been rendered meaningless," writes the Times. He went on to argue that the information Manigault Newman had shared was barely privileged, and said the agreement "effectively imposes on Respondent an obligation to never say anything remotely critical of Mr. Trump, his family or his or his family members' businesses for the rest of her life."

Trump cannot appeal the decision "other than on the basis of fraud" against the case arbitrator, leaving him with little additional recourse. Read more at The New York Times.

19 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I thought this was going to be about Biden since he's the president now and Trump is old news in the background. LMAO

trump is in the headlines every single day dude. try harder

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

trump is in the headlines every single day dude. try harder

Seems to for those that seek him out, he’s a distant memory to me. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Seems to for those that seek him out, he’s a distant memory to me. 

if anyone reads the news online like i do i do not have to look him up he is right there. every single day. and i certainly do not seek him out i can state for a fact.

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if anyone reads the news online like i do i do not have to look him up he is right there. every single day. and i certainly do not seek him out i can state for a fact.

Yep, saw this on the Drudge Report yesterday…..quit reading Trump articles after it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephanie-grisham-says-trump-called-her-to-insist-his-penis-wasnt-toadstool-shaped

Grisham writes in her new book that Trump once felt the need to call her from Air Force One to inform her that his penis was neither small nor shaped a toadstool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, saw this on the Drudge Report yesterday…..quit reading Trump articles after it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephanie-grisham-says-trump-called-her-to-insist-his-penis-wasnt-toadstool-shaped

Grisham writes in her new book that Trump once felt the need to call her from Air Force One to inform her that his penis was neither small nor shaped a toadstool.

And the books will keep on coming. ;);D

But it won't keep him from running - which he's already doing.  The party of Trump.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But it won't keep him from running - which he's already doing.  The party of Trump.

I can’t see it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-trump-bluffing-about-running-for-president-2024-2021-9

• Michael Cohen told Insider Trump was bluffing about a 2024 run in part because "he's making more money doing that than anything he has ever done."
  • Trump wants to retain "some semblance of power, importance, and relevance," Cohen said, "none of which he has."
  • Cohen said Trump wouldn't run because he can't "stomach the notion of being a two-time loser."

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I can’t see it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-trump-bluffing-about-running-for-president-2024-2021-9

• Michael Cohen told Insider Trump was bluffing about a 2024 run in part because "he's making more money doing that than anything he has ever done."
  • Trump wants to retain "some semblance of power, importance, and relevance," Cohen said, "none of which he has."
  • Cohen said Trump wouldn't run because he can't "stomach the notion of being a two-time loser."

https://www.rawstory.com/bob-woodward-trump/

More importantly, his legacy is still being enacted by virtually everyone in the Republican Party. 

They ALL pledge fealty to him.  And if their 2024 nominee isn't Trump it will be a Trump clone.  That keeps Trump relevant. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Neither do I, but that certainly didn't keep me from hearing about Trump's latest tweet.

You must like punishment then, because it isn't that hard to tune him out. LOL

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You must like punishment then, because it isn't that hard to tune him out. LOL

Are you kidding? 

You couldn't watch TV or surf the internet without hearing about his latest tweet!  You'd have to be on a desert island to avoid the latest Trump idiocy.

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are you kidding? 

You couldn't watch TV or surf the internet without hearing about his latest tweet!  You'd have to be on a desert island to avoid the latest Trump idiocy.

I’m not talking about then…..I’m talking about now. 

28 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I’m not talking about then…..I’m talking about now. 

I am too. 

I no longer hear Trump's latest outrageous tweet on virtually every media source extant. Obviously, part of that is because he's no longer president, but it started with his twitter ban.

But never fear, I am sure he is getting plenty of coverage on the far, far, far (wacko) right sources.

Even so, an article or piece about him appears at least every week on the media outlets I frequent, such as the Washington post, PBS/NPR, The Atlantic, and less frequently, Politico.

Edited by homersapien