TJ Finley,harsin press conference

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Very impressive young man. 

• Like 1

Did anyone else watch the Shedrick Jackson interview?

He confirms the 4th down play was a busted play, but what concerns me is that he says it was originally supposed to be a fade. :( If so, I'm just disappointed that we're trying that again, on 4th down, after it worked so horribly against PSU. I hope Bobo isn't that stubborn that he has to prove himself with the same poor play call, especially with the game on the line. (Reminds me of someone else, but I can't put my finger on it.)

The rollout on the 2PC worked perfectly. Not sure why we wouldn't do more high-percentage types of plays like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Harsin says the decision to bring in TJ was his decision at least 6 or 7 times in that press conference…almost like he was taking blame for a bad thing that happened.  Quite odd.

he probably did not want bob0 getting blame i guess. i like how he owns it.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I definitely thought it was incomplete.  Dude has a legit beef.

Here's the thing. The ball can touch the ground if your hands are under it and you are controlling the ball. That one camera angle that had a clear view of the ball touching the ground didn't show where his hands were in the process.  I would have had to rule inconclusive because of that.  The first camera angle clearly showed his hands under the ball.  I think the referees were right not to overturn it. They just didn't have conclusive video evidence.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Did anyone else watch the Shedrick Jackson interview?

He confirms the 4th down play was a busted play, but what concerns me is that he says it was originally supposed to be a fade. :( If so, I'm just disappointed that we're trying that again, on 4th down, after it worked so horribly against PSU. I hope Bobo isn't that stubborn that he has to prove himself with the same poor play call, especially with the game on the line. (Reminds me of someone else, but I can't put my finger on it.)

The rollout on the 2PC worked perfectly. Not sure why we wouldn't do more high-percentage types of plays like that.

I thought the same thing. However, I also wondered if Shed's route was a fade, and he broke it off to run with TJ to get open.

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I thought the same thing. However, I also wondered if Shed's route was a fade, and he broke it off to run with TJ to get open.

That's exactly what happened.

Watch the replay. Shedrick is running on the right sideline (looks like a potential fade, as he said it was). TJ is looking his way, but appears to hold off because Shedrick gets tied up. Then pressure comes and TJ has to scramble a bit, as Shedrick works to get open. 

I'm just glad TJ held off and didn't just float the ball out there "because that was the play". That was smart. Against PSU, we were nowhere near successful on that fade play (although maybe a PI should have been called?). Although that was 4th and goal from the 2 vs the 9, so not as much time to think about things. 

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to TJ Finley,harsin press conference
4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he probably did not want bob0 getting blame i guess. i like how he owns it.

Yeah, the weird part is, as you said, he’s taking the blame; whereas it seems to many that he should be getting praise for the decision.  He made the right call and it led to a win.

Very very odd - unless he’s boasting or someone influential is going to be very pissed that he made a change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yeah, the weird part is, as you said, he’s taking the blame; whereas it seems to many that he should be getting praise for the decision.  He made the right call and it led to a win.

Very very odd - unless he’s boasting or someone influential is going to be very pissed that he made a change.

I was not going to introduce a conspiracy theory. But you broached it first. That was one of the 2 ways I could rationalize the repeated claim of responsibility. 1) He just starts rambling coach speak. 2) There would be a 'consequence' or 'complaint' from someone to whom he has some responsibility, and he was proactively assuming full responsibility. No evidence of #2 'other than' the start as freshman vs attempt at readshirt, never substituting under Gus, and soft-pedaled apology for substituting now. Maybe Harsin feels like he just doesn't know the fanbase yet, and thinks maybe ALL Auburn fans (or the ones that matter) would be upset that he pulled a Legacy. You stated it well: "Very, very odd."

• Thanks 1