QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Bo started down there in 2019 and handled the pressure.  He wasn't Joe Burrow, but he managed the game well enough that we had a chance to win the game.  TJ did not handle the pressure when he was the LSU QB playing at Auburn.  It is a really tough call.

Tj killed South Carolina, Bo did not handle South Carolina well. Also Bo was a sophomore and Finley was a  freshman

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Tj killed South Carolina, Bo did not handle South Carolina well. Also Bo was a sophomore and Finley was a  freshman

In Baton Rouge, Bo was a freshman.  That is why I compared how Bo performed there with how TJ performed also as a freshman when he started for LSU at Auburn.  Both atmospheres being hostile road games.  My gut feeling is that we will need both of them to play.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

In Baton Rouge, Bo was a freshman.  That is why I compared how Bo performed there with how TJ performed also as a freshman when he started for LSU at Auburn.  Both atmospheres being hostile road games.  My gut feeling is that we will need both of them to play.

You also have the ga st game. It's more recent. One was shook up and one was not. I personally don't think looking in the past at singular events means anything. The only thing that really has any sustenance is patterns. Patterns tell a story, not moments

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

So does Tank sit in place of Hunter or Worm?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Good grief, stick to just thumbing down people and praising Gus & Bo lovers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Unpopular take incoming:

Big Uno just looks really awkward to me. I’m not a big Bo fan, but I’m just not impressed with Finley. I kinda think we need to start Finley but have Bo warmed up.

Let me put it another way, I don’t really think we can win with Finley, but I guess he might surprise me. Doubt it.

It's odd to me that you think Finley can't win because he looks awkward when Bo has shown for 2+ seasons that he is terrible on the road. 

Personally I'd love to see Finley start with Dee Davis warmed up behind him. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Good grief, stick to just thumbing down people and praising Gus & Bo lovers.

Wish I knew what you are talking about……

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

You also have the ga st game. It's more recent. One was shook up and one was not. I personally don't think looking in the past at singular events means anything. The only thing that really has any sustenance is patterns. Patterns tell a story, not moments

Are patterns not made up of moments?  LOL  I digress....

We can sum it all up with 2 words.... HOT MESS

Edited by AU9377

Just now, AU9377 said:

Are patterns not made up of moments?  LOL  I digress....

Yes they are but they are made up of several. Just as in all science an outlier is never as strong as the pattern lol and digress indeed....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Bo started down there in 2019 and handled the pressure.  He wasn't Joe Burrow, but he managed the game well enough that we had a chance to win the game.

He was 15 for 35 1/1 for 150 yards.  lol that's not handling anything ore managing anything well

• Like 1

It is so insane when people see a close score line and just assume the QB played at a certain level. Particularly a self-professed fan of the team in question.

If you remember that 2019 LSU game for anything other than our defense playing like superheroes while, in typical Gusball fashion, the offense crapped the game away, then you either didn't watch or already had your take on it before the game started. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

What it really is if you had faith in one you can certainly have faith in the other as neither really put a resume out of absolute. They both have had moments.....

Now if you simply don't want to that's your prerogative. I don't know people won't just say that 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It is so insane when people see a close score line and just assume the QB played at a certain level. Particularly a self-professed fan of the team in question.

If you remember that 2019 LSU game for anything other than our defense playing like superheroes while, in typical Gusball fashion, the offense crapped the game away, then you either didn't watch or already had your take on it before the game started. 

What a wonderful waste of a defense. Held one of the greatest CFB team of all time to 23 points at home while they scored at will in Tuscaloosa, SECCG, and in Playoffs. 

Helluva game. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He was 15 for 35 1/1 for 150 yards.  lol that's not handling anything ore managing anything well

I pointed out that he wasn't great.  He also wasn't the reason we lost the game 23- 20.  TJ threw for 143 yards and 2 interceptions before being pulled in Auburn last year.  On that same day, Bo was 18/24 for 300 yards and 3 TDs 0 int.  This LSU defense is very similar in their play to last year.   I'm not arguing who should or shouldn't start. My point is that there are a lot of factors to consider.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's like the Oregon game that year. Bo was 13 for 31 (41%!) for 177 yards. Now, that was his first game and I understand the optimism after the game winning throw (even though Seth had a lot to do with that and doesn't get credit from many on here). 

But some still bring that game up as proof of him winning a tough game away from home. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I get that you don't know who you are speaking to.  I watched the game more than a couple times and i'm not just some fan that likes football.  I didn't say that I would start Bo over TJ.  I wouldn't rule it out either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I pointed out that he wasn't great. 

You said he wasn't Joe Burrow.  There's a massive gap between being Burrow and Bo's stat line.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

TJ threw for 143 yards and 2 interceptions before being pulled in Auburn last year.  On that same day, Bo was 18/24 for 300 yards and 3 TDs 0 int.  This LSU defense is very similar in their play to last year.   I'm not arguing who should or shouldn't start. My point is that there are a lot of factors to consider.

They were both trash as True Freshman.  Neither of them should have started as True Freshman.  They both sucked against some teams and were very good against other teams. 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You said he wasn't Joe Burrow.  There's a massive gap between being Burrow and Bo's stat line.

They were both trash as True Freshman.  Neither of them should have started as True Freshman.  They both sucked against some teams and were very good against other teams. 

Exactly.  That said, Bo wasn't SEC Freshman of the year because it was all bad.

The QB position is like the coaching position at times.  It can be a real crap shoot.  There were a lot of coaches that didn't see in Malik Willis what we all see now that he is on the field.

Edited by AU9377

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's like the Oregon game that year. Bo was 13 for 31 (41%!) for 177 yards. Now, that was his first game and I understand the optimism after the game winning throw (even though Seth had a lot to do with that and doesn't get credit from many on here). 

But some still bring that game up as proof of him winning a tough game away from home. 

Honestly, maybe it's better for Auburn overall that Seth isn't here anymore to mask problems at QB. Because we won a couple more games than just Oregon due to him scoring touchdowns on balls that had no business being caught. 

As for past Bo vs past Finley, the main difference is that Finley had a coach with a sack who would pull his underperforming QB and Bo did not. That that has changed at Auburn is reason enough alone for celebration. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Honestly, maybe it's better for Auburn overall that Seth isn't here anymore to mask problems at QB. Because we won a couple more games than just Oregon due to him scoring touchdowns on balls that had no business being caught. 

As for past Bo vs past Finley, the main difference is that Finley had a coach with a sack who would pull his underperforming QB and Bo did not. That that has changed at Auburn is reason enough alone for celebration. 

It is indeed. Also, as you noted, TF Bo had a defense to keep him in every game. Finley sure didn't have that last year. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Looking at Saturday's game plan.... we also have a coach that stubbornly refuses to do what his players can do well when it is needed.  We should have pushed Ga State around and ran the damn ball early in that game.  When you let them build momentum, the entire game changes.  Hopefully he recognizes that going forward.  I can assure you that he received that message loud and clear from some very influential voices after that performance on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

I was right there on the sidelines. I saw Seth get Bo look him in his eyes and say trust me bro. Throw it close and I'll do the rest. Then literally catch the td. Icame on here and told what I watched with my very own eyes and I swear I got down votes for saying Seth was the leader.....Bo is a hero Seth is a villain, try to talk about it I guarantee somebody will enter the convo and say something to the extent of I haven't seen so and so or what do you mean? Everybody loves Seth lol

And if you want a reference how I see people talk about smoke is very similar in the way they did Seth

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I was right there on the sidelines. I saw Seth get Bo look him in his eyes and say trust me bro. Throw it close and I'll do the rest. Then literally catch the td. Icame on here and told what I watched with my very own eyes and I swear I got down votes for saying Seth was the leader.....Bo is a hero Seth is a villain, try to talk about it I guarantee somebody will enter the convo and say something to the extent of I haven't seen so and so or what do you mean? Everybody loves Seth lol

And if you want a reference how I see people talk about smoke is very similar in the way they did Seth

Just the other day somebody said that Seth wouldn't have been a "fit" under Harsin. When asked to explain, that person chose not to. 

People love to assume things about that kid and then not really want to look in the mirror and ask themselves why. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The sec freshman of the year was bad for Bo bro. First of all that corner for LSU should've gotten it and it wasn't even close.....but the other reason it's used to deflect looking at his actual performance. Can't analyze game play it's trumped by well why was he freshman of the year lol😂

• Haha 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Just the other day somebody said that Seth wouldn't have been a "fit" under Harsin. When asked to explain, that person chose not to. 

People love to assume things about that kid and then not really want to look in the mirror and ask themselves why. 

Lol meanwhile applauding the firing of the wr coach because we need wr's that can perform 💆🏾. Can't make it up my guy. 

• Thanks 1