Georgia State- unpopular opinion

WDE_OxPx_2010

i agree. new systems on both sides of the ball. new coaches to get used to. coaches has to build a relationship with a hundred plus players. and coach did pull a legacy and i bet it gets bo's attention. and lord please no more three man fronts. but we had the penn state hangover going and ga state played their behinds off. and we did not. i think they expected a gimme. got to give coach time. it is too early to pull the plug.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree. new systems on both sides of the ball. new coaches to get used to. coaches has to build a relationship with a hundred plus players. and coach did pull a legacy and i bet it gets bo's attention. and lord please no more three man fronts. but we had the penn state hangover going and ga state played their behinds off. and we did not. i think they expected a gimme. got to give coach time. it is too early to pull the plug.

Agreed! We are getting no pressure up front.

• Like 1

This reminded me of the Utah Sate game years ago. Probably will end up with the same coaching results years from now too. 

• Facepalm 1

What no one is really talking about is how we could not effectively run the football on GA State. That's the most disappointing thing I saw today.

I mean, eight man fronts, or not, we should be able to run the ball better on the likes of GA. State.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

What no one is really talking about is how we could not effectively run the football on GA State. That's the most disappointing thing I saw today 

OLine couldn’t block 3 DLinemen or get to 2nd level.  Keys to a good run game. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Classic trap game. Emotional let down after a big loss in a huge game vs an offense that you only see once a year.

Combine that with the offensive struggles and the new zone defense scheme and this game should have been expected.

Took guts to pick ourselves up and win the game. Take the W, move on to LSU. This is part of the growing pains we should have expected this year.

War Eagle.

Not a trap game. To be great you have to give a sh!t, and talent is not a requirement for giving a sh!t. This team came out like they really had better things to do besides play a football game. That sh!t won’t get it.

• Like 4

We gotta get out the zone garbage on defense and coach up DL to get off blocks, play hard every play.  

Same ol song w OL.  No push or movement....odd considering we ran on PSU.  Too inconsistent.  Tank seemed very frustrated today

props to special teams 

• Like 1

Reeks of the 2017 Mercer game to me honestly. Fits exactly how OP described it, also homecoming, and I think the fanbase was equally as questioning on how bad the season could go after that 

I don’t have very high hopes based on a couple things, but I didn’t have high hopes then either lol 

I agree the positives were that they stuck in it, and the D improved in the second half.  

the thing that will give me nightmares is on the offensive side of the ball.  GAST owned our O line, and our receivers still made some drops that shouldn’t have happened.  The OL was my biggest concern at the start of the season, and I was lulled into a false sense of security after the first 2 games.  I am more concerned now that I was preseason.  

Thanks.. We need alittle sanity after that. Happy for Finley. You could see the players rallying around him as well if you watch close. Everyone needs work..not just new coaches. This will take some time. This is a reminder. Looking forward to see how the coaches approach LSU and how we recruit the offense next year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Reeks of the 2017 Mercer game to me honestly.

the major difference is that in the Mercer game we were never in danger at any point of actually losing the game.  Sure we were flat in 

the mercer game and looked like we were sleeping through it, but we led at every point.  We were up 14 in the 3rd quarter, then they cut it

to 7, then we stretched it back to 14 in the fourth and that was the final margin...it was never in doubt, and certainly

not a suspenseful game even though played like crap.  in this game we were 1 converted 4th and 9 from actually losing the game.  Very different(even if we played like crap in both)

5 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

the major difference is that in the Mercer game we were never in danger at any point of actually losing the game.  Sure we were flat in 

the mercer game and looked like we were sleeping through it, but we led at every point.  We were up 14 in the 3rd quarter, then they cut it

to 7, then we stretched it back to 14 in the fourth and that was the final margin...it was never in doubt, and certainly

not a suspenseful game even though played like crap.  in this game we were 1 converted 4th and 9 from actually losing the game.  Very different(even if we played like crap in both)

Yeah I didn't really want to get in the minutia just to get the post off honestly lol. But I do think between the disappointment of another close Clemson loss and how sleepy the Mercer game was, we were in a similar level of frustration as we are currently. Just different reasons 

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Classic trap game. Emotional let down after a big loss in a huge game vs an offense that you only see once a year.

Combine that with the offensive struggles and the new zone defense scheme and this game should have been expected.

Took guts to pick ourselves up and win the game. Take the W, move on to LSU. This is part of the growing pains we should have expected this year.

War Eagle.

And 2 key starters missing from your defense.

Well one thing is for certain:

Harsin sent the message. Doesn't matter who you are or how long you've been the starter, if you're playing like ass and not inspiring the team, then you can sit. Love it.

Let's see how Bo and TJ both respond going forward. 

We MUST be able to run the ball though going forward to be successful. 

Remember, Bo wasn't the only one that got sat with the game on the line. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

OLine couldn’t block 3 DLinemen or get to 2nd level.  Keys to a good run game. 

We got the same bunch from last year and if I remember correctly they weren't great then, either.

11 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

And 2 key starters missing from your defense.

If Auburn is only missing two starters and almost gets their a$$ beaten by a Georgia State program, doesn’t that really tell you all you need to know? The talent ain’t there, yet, and the margin for error the rest of the way is near zero. Not encouraging.

6 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If Auburn is only missing two starters and almost gets their a$$ beaten by a Georgia State program, doesn’t that really tell you all you need to know? The talent ain’t there, yet, and the margin for error the rest of the way is near zero. Not encouraging.

No it's not encouraging. But most teams missing their 2 best starting linebackers at the same time are going to struggle the next game.

24 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

No it's not encouraging. But most teams missing their 2 best starting linebackers at the same time are going to struggle the next game against teams not named Georgia State.

FIFY

7 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

This is accurate. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:08 PM, ValleyTiger said:

Well one thing is for certain:

Harsin sent the message. Doesn't matter who you are or how long you've been the starter, if you're playing like ass and not inspiring the team, then you can sit. Love it.

Let's see how Bo and TJ both respond going forward. 

We MUST be able to run the ball though going forward to be successful. 

Remember, Bo wasn't the only one that got sat with the game on the line. 

Nope, need to see how Tank responds as well.