My apologies

1716AU

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Even if we lost this game, I wouldn't have cared because Harsin had the stones to bench Nix. Gus would have never. 

TJ Finley wouldn’t even be on the roster were it not for this coaching staff. Think about that.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I have defended this since Harsin was hired.  No more.  It only took four games.  So sorry I defended him.

Absolutely pathetic, all the way around. Absolutely NO reason for this.  NONE.

Honeymoon is over.  I have absolutely ZERO confidence moving forward in Harsin. Not after this.

Harsin didn't play at Penn State or Georgia State. I'm an thankful we have a coach who knows we need to make adjustments at halftime, who knows we need a new QB for a spark. I'm glad we have a coach who will go into the press conference and tell it like it is. We had a couple of good drives but we'll get back to work and he'll help hammer home that isn't good enough. We won. Hey hey a grip. We're weren't that good!!!! We got whooped at the line of scrimmage. The coaches can preach preparation for GSU but they can't play the games. We'll need to do a better job playing, developing, recruiting. 

Harsin made the decision to switch QBs and it worked. I really don't know what this fanbase was expecting this year. We need to eat some humble pie and get to work this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't know man. I will give you some credit, I think things are definitely different for him BIG TIME. I still am in wait and see mode, but I honestly don't know what to think of this team or coaching staff at the moment. It is like we just can't put it all together for whatever reason.

I firmly believe this staff knows what Big Time feels like when they feel the pressure and heat from the fanbase the last two weeks.  The crowd in JHS let him know real quick when they didn’t like what they saw today.  I think the fan reaction played a big part in some of the second half execution on D and benching the QB. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Tubs coached at AU when bammer was in a rare down phase. He might not have the same success these days in the SEC. 

Completely agree. Hunting trips with the BBQ boys wouldn't win near as many today. He was definitely in the right place at the right time for at least 6 seasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Have you seen Ark, or Ole Miss play this year?.

We do not have far more talent than either one of them. Ole Miss has the best QB in America, a weapon at tight end, and both teams have better players than we do on the offensive, and defensive lines. Not to mention Arkansas has a 6'4" 225lb WR that is far better than any WR we currently have. On defense we have one pretty good corner,  decent linebackers, although undersized, mediocre talent on the defensive line, and a b safety that may, or may not be a starter on most other SEC teams. 

On offense we have a veteran offensive line, but no one who has half a brain would argue they are overly talented. We are sound at RB, but that's about it. We have a three year starter at QB, who continues to struggle with accuracy, and decision making, and are very young, and inexperienced at WR. The Jimmy's, and the Joe's are our problem currently, not X's, and O's. It has nothing to do with what part of the country our coach came from either.

Ole Miss and Arky have both done a good job bringing in transfers and developing talent quickly.  A big part of that is the offense ran by both.  They run the Art Briles Baylor offense.  Kendall Briles is the OC at Arkansas and his brother in law, Jeff Lebby, is the OC at Ole Miss.  As for overall rosters, our roster would be considered more talented by most any measure.  That does not mean that they will be the most successful.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-football-ranking-rosters-2021

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Have you seen Ark, or Ole Miss play this year?.

We do not have far more talent than either one of them. Ole Miss has the best QB in America, a weapon at tight end, and both teams have better players than we do on the offensive, and defensive lines. Not to mention Arkansas has a 6'4" 225lb WR that is far better than any WR we currently have. On defense we have one pretty good corner,  decent linebackers, although undersized, mediocre talent on the defensive line, and a b safety that may, or may not be a starter on most other SEC teams. 

On offense we have a veteran offensive line, but no one who has half a brain would argue they are overly talented. We are sound at RB, but that's about it. We have a three year starter at QB, who continues to struggle with accuracy, and decision making, and are very young, and inexperienced at WR. The Jimmy's, and the Joe's are our problem currently, not X's, and O's. It has nothing to do with what part of the country our coach came from either.

They are both well coached. I feel AU would look that good with either of those coaches.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Harsin didn't play at Penn State or Georgia State. I'm an thankful we have a coach who knows we need to make adjustments at halftime, who knows we need a new QB for a spark. I'm glad we have a coach who will go into the press conference and tell it like it is. We had a couple of good drives but we'll get back to work and he'll help hammer home that isn't good enough. We won. Hey hey a grip. We're weren't that good!!!! We got whooped at the line of scrimmage. The coaches can preach preparation for GSU but they can't play the games. We'll need to do a better job playing, developing, recruiting. 

Harsin made the decision to switch QBs and it worked. I really don't know what this fanbase was expecting this year. We need to eat some humble pie and get to work this year. 

The fan base expects for us to not look worse than we have the past couple of years.  That is not some outrageous expectation.  Harsin did not inherit a total rebuild.  I am more concerned about the coordinators than I am Harsin at his point, but he is ultimately responsible for it all.  That is why he gets paid the big bucks.

One thing i know for certain.  If things don't improve remarkably, people above his pay grade will tell him to make a coordinator change and he will do it.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The fan base expects for us to not look worse than we have the past couple of years.  That is not some outrageous expectation.  Harsin did not inherit a total rebuild.  I am more concerned about the coordinators than I am Harsin at his point, but he is ultimately responsible for it all.  That is why he gets paid the big bucks.

One thing i know for certain.  If things don't improve remarkably, people above his pay grade will tell him to make a coordinator change and he will do it.

Well let's be clear, Yeah we have Tank and good linebackers and some safeties but from my perspective when you are putting in a new offense and new defense and switch the mindset from the past seven + years, that sounds like a total rebuild to me. We weren't a losing program but we played some numbskull programs last year. Our offensive line is terrible and is widely known to be under recruited for years. We've had lackluster QB play out of Bo.. Our defensive interior line consists of transfers and new guys. Seems like a lot to learn. It's going to take a bit to figure this out and get better players and guys who buy in, and maybe guys move on and coaches, but that's what happens when you have rebuild things. I think you and I both agree but we have put things perspective sometimes. Sometimes our expectations do not reflect with reality. Ours guys last week stepped up and challenged the Top two big 10 team at their place, big deal in spite of being untested. Our first few games was about reps. When have we ever thrown in fourth quarter against Alabama St?

I'm glad I can watch a press conference and hear our coach talk about positives and say this isn't good enough, we have to get better, coaches have to be better. I didn't have to hear some crap about "our guys dealt with adversity" or "we overcame adversity". Again, I'll take the win and let's evaluate after the season. The culture isn't changing overnight. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Harsin will be making coordinator changes with or without outside input.

Something tells me he will run the program the way he wants to. And tell anyone to go to hell. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

Such an asinine overreactionary post. I will agree that we should have beat the crap out of the Georgia Southern Panthers. 

Edited by Randman5000

5 hours ago, au302 said:

Look, there is no defending todays performance. The coordinators are especially terrible right now. I have lost some faith in Harsin. That said, I give him credit for pulling Nix and putting TJ, Canion and Capers in. Then actually sticking with TJ once the first two drives stalled. Would've been easy for him to panic and put Nix back in at that moment, but he didn't. I appreciate him not panicking. But no doubt, he needs to improve the discipline of this squad quickly

That’s was more concerning to me the penalties and the personal foul. 

47 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Well let's be clear, Yeah we have Tank and good linebackers and some safeties but from my perspective when you are putting in a new offense and new defense and switch the mindset from the past seven + years, that sounds like a total rebuild to me. We weren't a losing program but we played some numbskull programs last year. Our offensive line is terrible and is widely known to be under recruited for years. We've had lackluster QB play out of Bo.. Our defensive interior line consists of transfers and new guys. Seems like a lot to learn. It's going to take a bit to figure this out and get better players and guys who buy in, and maybe guys move on and coaches, but that's what happens when you have rebuild things. I think you and I both agree but we have put things perspective sometimes. Sometimes our expectations do not reflect with reality. Ours guys last week stepped up and challenged the Top two big 10 team at their place, big deal in spite of being untested. Our first few games was about reps. When have we ever thrown in fourth quarter against Alabama St?

I'm glad I can watch a press conference and hear our coach talk about positives and say this isn't good enough, we have to get better, coaches have to be better. I didn't have to hear some crap about "our guys dealt with adversity" or "we overcame adversity". Again, I'll take the win and let's evaluate after the season. The culture isn't changing overnight. 

What are u rebuilding. The team had a winning record last year. An experienced oline, qb and RB. Also a lot of experience on the defensive side and last year the team played an all SEC schedule. If they play the normal schedule it’s an 8 win team. U like listening to him talk and guess what he been saying this isn’t good enough for about 3 weeks but still the same results. Talk is cheap we live in a results based world.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Such an asinine overreactionary post. I will agree that we should have beat the crap out of the Georgia Southern Panthers. 

You do know the touchdown pass was also a fade? It was a broken play as the fade again wasn’t there again. That is besides the rest of the play-calling this game, not to mention whatever you wanna call last week. Then there is the seven points off of a blocked punt, and for once SEC officials actually hooking is up on what was of course an incomplete pass on the game winning drive against 1-3 Georgia State. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion even when it lacks all basic common sense.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, e808 said:

What are u rebuilding. The team had a winning record last year. An experienced oline, qb and RB. Also a lot of experience on the defensive side and last year the team played an all SEC schedule. If they play the normal schedule it’s an 8 win team. U like listening to him talk and guess what he been saying this isn’t good enough for about 3 weeks but still the same results. Talk is cheap we live in a results based world.

Agree with a lot of your points. Don’t mean to kick a man when he’s down (Harsin) but he sure does babble on and on, in post game press conferences. Trying to figure out exactly what he means, not sure if he knows himself.

Hopefully he learns quickly, because it sure looks like he has a long way to go. If recruiting is a bust again this year, how many seasons will people continue to blame Gus. I don’t know, listening to the guy, (Harsin)… it’s just a real head scratcher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Agree with a lot of your points. Don’t mean to kick a man when he’s down (Harsin) but he sure does babble on and on, in post game press conferences. Trying to figure out exactly what he means, not sure if he knows himself.

Hopefully he learns quickly, because it sure looks like he has a long way to go. If recruiting is a bust again this year, how many seasons will people continue to blame Gus. I don’t know, listening to the guy, (Harsin)… it’s just a real head scratcher.

🤡😐

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Ole Miss and Arky have both done a good job bringing in transfers and developing talent quickly.  A big part of that is the offense ran by both.  They run the Art Briles Baylor offense.  Kendall Briles is the OC at Arkansas and his brother in law, Jeff Lebby, is the OC at Ole Miss.  As for overall rosters, our roster would be considered more talented by most any measure.  That does not mean that they will be the most successful.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-football-ranking-rosters-2021

Well, I'm certainly not going to argue against the Briles offensive system. If Gus had hired Kendall Briles, and given him full control of the offense he probably would still be the coach at Auburn. But, we all know that wasn't going to happen. I still however stand by my statement on the talent level. Talent on paper, and actually on the field are two very different things. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If recruiting is a bust again this year, how many seasons will people continue to blame Gus. I don’t know, listening to the guy, (Harsin)… it’s just a real head scratcher.

Recruiting better not be a bust, this program can’t sustain back to back yrs of sub par recruiting classes.  Hell, we need a serious talent infusion at damn near every skill position and have to have 4-5* on both lines.  Coaching is questionable to poor right now which makes it that much more important to bring in top level talent….to hide the deficiencies.

13 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I recall Bama losing to UL Monroe during Saban's first year. Bottom line: it is way too early to make any sort of judgment regarding Harsin's future legacy.

Obviously, UAT should have fired Saban after that loss and found a great coach to replace him. UAT should be as smart as many of our fans. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I was stationed in Mountain Home Idaho for 3 1/2 years of my life. It is about 45 minutes from Boise Idaho. Just a whole different attitude and culture out there. I know they talk about the Smurfs turf and all that, but I lived there for almost 4 years; football it’s just not life and death way it is in the Southeast. Nice people, Alan Greene is a nice guy, just not SEC caliber.

On the other hand, regardless of how bad Harsin does here, he is now another Auburn multimillionaire. So I guess the joke is on us.

it is a little early to pull the plug. he deserves the chance to bring in his type players. i think harsin is pretty bright and i believe he understands it means more. he had it made and he wanted the chance to play for a natty. and gus left some great talent in some areas and average in others. it is a work in progress. the thing is if you do not give a coach a fair chance how many big time coaches want to come coach here? we already have the rep of folks trying to meddle with the team from the money guys anyway.

• Like 1

I'll be honest though.....I'm a pro Harsin guy. I believe when he gets the guys he wants we'll be good.....but if it's true that was another fade play to Jackson. That scares me