My apologies

1716AU

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Pittman won 3 SEC games and Kiffin won 4 SEC games their first years. I would take Harsin winning that many both this year and next at this point.

Something else I said (similar) and got hate mail for. Lol! I also pointed out AU has far more talent than Arkansas or Ole Sis.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

Today was the first game this season that I thought Bo locked on his receiver right when the play was called instead of doing his progressions...also, WHY didn't we run the 2 point play on 4th down play at PSU last week?????? We had the receivers overloaded and they were all open... 

It wouldn't matter if Nix was qb because he can't find the open man...he's a train wreck with no poise. He's not an SEC level qb, maybe not an FCS level qb...

2 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

It wouldn't matter if Nix was qb because he can't find the open man...he's a train wreck with no poise. He's not an SEC level qb, maybe not an FCS level qb...

That applies for literally every QB we've recruited out of HS since Brandon Cox, or maybe even Jason Campbell.

It’s threads like this…I think Saban lost to Sunbelt LAMO in year one. Games like this either build or tear down, time  will tell. Games like this happen every season in CFB, Auburn is not exempt. Take the  struggle win and grow. Some of Y’all trying to fire the man after game 4…chill and relax, boys and coaches found a way to win. Let’s build on it

1 hour ago, DAG said:

CBH was very disappointed but he gets no more wiggle room. We CANNOT look that incompetent for the foreseeable future of this schedule. Can you imagine if this was against UGA?

Maybe people were right and he definitely has a learning curve that he needs to adapt to. Hopefully CDM has found something too. But right now, I am not nearly as confident.

I’m certainly not impressed with this trio of hires. But I am so pleasantly surprised that he benched a three-year starter, legacy starter, and did not put him back in the ball game. I thought he would put him in on the 98 yard drive. And he didn’t. We have not seen that type of decisiveness in a long time. So I am not willing to pass final judgment on Harsin just yet. But I fully understand where you are coming from. It takes a lot to get the boobirds started at Jordan Hare, and the player’s reaction to Finley getting the call, combined with Bo sulking on the sidelines, is very telling. Former players tweeting, (and they understand the gravity of their tweets). Maybe we are turning a page in terms of coaching and decisions??  Wishful thinking, to be sure.  

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

We should have never had to go 12 rounds with a #FunBelt team but defense was all world after the half AND our coaches had the balls to bench a floundering Bo Nix. Finley has earned the start next week. 

I remember the days of Pat Dye at the helm and this game is over by the second quarter. After this performance today Auburn may not win a conference game this year. I certainly hope I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I remember the days of Pat Dye at the helm and this game is over by the second quarter. After this performance today Auburn may not win a conference game this year. I certainly hope I am wrong.

Everyone was sure Harsin was going to be the next Pat Dye...I'm just hoping now that the next guy can be that. It's painful knowing we might have to endure a whole three years of this before we can take another shot at a coaching search. And knowing us I'm not confident we can get anyone good despite two programs who have been below us getting very good ones.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

This is disappointing as hell to be honest.  We fans had to sit back and watch our last HC learn-on-the-job to the tune of multi millions over 8 flipping years.  Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

Look, there is no defending todays performance. The coordinators are especially terrible right now. I have lost some faith in Harsin. That said, I give him credit for pulling Nix and putting TJ, Canion and Capers in. Then actually sticking with TJ once the first two drives stalled. Would've been easy for him to panic and put Nix back in at that moment, but he didn't. I appreciate him not panicking. But no doubt, he needs to improve the discipline of this squad quickly

I recall Bama losing to UL Monroe during Saban's first year. Bottom line: it is way too early to make any sort of judgment regarding Harsin's future legacy.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

This was a classic trap game and it really showed.  Glad we came out with a win, now move on to the next one.  War Eagle y’all!

This was no trap game. To be great, you have to give a sh!t, and talent isn’t required to give a sh!t. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

to me it looked like the receivers played harder for tj. that is just my opinion.

That really is hard to tell.  The urgency could also explain that.  We will see soon enough though.

Just now, AU9377 said:

That really is hard to tell.  The urgency could also explain that.  We will see soon enough though.

would you want to catch for bo on those long routes? not me. i bet he is five or ten percent out of a hundred because he just does not hit anyone long and misses way too many. it gives other an advantage because they just load the box. even tank looked sos with the box loaded. maybe the oline deserves some criticism but not many teams can run when they load up the line of scrimmage. and they have all shown they are not afraid of bo. and i hate to say that but it is a team game and bo has just struggled. this is his third offense and i bet with him freshly engaged his mind is on other things.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

like mike 4au said the team celebrated when tj went in. go back and look. it is very telling. i think bo lost the team. not because he was not a good guy and a hard competitor but because his struggles hurt the team.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Something else I said (similar) and got hate mail for. Lol! I also pointed out AU has far more talent than Arkansas or Ole Sis.

Have you seen Ark, or Ole Miss play this year?.

We do not have far more talent than either one of them. Ole Miss has the best QB in America, a weapon at tight end, and both teams have better players than we do on the offensive, and defensive lines. Not to mention Arkansas has a 6'4" 225lb WR that is far better than any WR we currently have. On defense we have one pretty good corner,  decent linebackers, although undersized, mediocre talent on the defensive line, and a b safety that may, or may not be a starter on most other SEC teams. 

On offense we have a veteran offensive line, but no one who has half a brain would argue they are overly talented. We are sound at RB, but that's about it. We have a three year starter at QB, who continues to struggle with accuracy, and decision making, and are very young, and inexperienced at WR. The Jimmy's, and the Joe's are our problem currently, not X's, and O's. It has nothing to do with what part of the country our coach came from either.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

like mike 4au said the team celebrated when tj went in. go back and look. it is very telling. i think bo lost the team. not because he was not a good guy and a hard competitor but because his struggles hurt the team.

That may very well be true.

3 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I have defended this since Harsin was hired.  No more.  It only took four games.  So sorry I defended him.

Absolutely pathetic, all the way around. Absolutely NO reason for this.  NONE.

Honeymoon is over.  I have absolutely ZERO confidence moving forward in Harsin. Not after this.

If this is your take, this early, not much to say. Sure, things to be concerned about, but talk about  knee jerk 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Do we? Not at the right spots. Their Oline is better. We have transfers on Dline.

Archived