My apologies

1716AU

33 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hey, defense adjusted after the half AND they finally benched Nix AND TJ Finley won the damn game for AU.

And I’m sure some folks really insisted that Harsin start Bo when he came in. Future sons of AU past stars need to prove they deserve the position not just because they have the name. I realize we like the “Family” monicker but let’s don’t over for it. 🤔

Just now, WalkingCarpet said:

I was there. I remember it well! We also weren't in a "TJ Finley running away from the goal line on fourth down with two defenders in hot pursuit on the last drive of the game" level of danger. IIRC we never trailed in that game... it was just turnover city that day. 

I'm not excusing this.  We played like dog **** today.  Just saying, it ain't the first time.  I vividly remember a homecoming game in the Tubs years vs La Tech that went to OT.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

That's exactly what I said when he was hired. I sure got some hate for saying it. 

Playing and coaching at Boise State does not prepare anyone for an SEC head coaching job. And he brought too many Boise State coaches with him.  It's going to take some huge adjustments and changes in coaching personnel for Harsin to be as successful as we hope he will be in the next few years. But he's going to have to do it in a hurry before Auburn falls too far. I'm just not too sure about his ability to recruit SEC caliber athletes. His frame of reference is from Boise State.....

Here's to Harsin being a very quick study.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not excusing this.  We played like dog **** today.  Just saying, it ain't the first time.  I vividly remember a homecoming game in the Tubs years vs La Tech that went to OT.

We had just beaten #2 Florida the week prior. So Tubs deserved a little leeway there.

@Tigerbelle: Me as well.

Edited by AUwent

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It’s Georgia Southern man. 

Ok congrats you know your football team 👍 I'm so proud of you. 🤣 We sure ain't the only team to have a struggle win and I'm sure we aren't gonna be the last.

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Tubs coached at AU when bammer was in a rare down phase. He might not have the same success these days in the SEC. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Tubs coached at AU when bammer was in a rare down phase. He might not have the same success these days in the SEC. 

Oh he definitely wouldn't.  And we was mediocre with Bama being down.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yes CBH has a chance to be different , Gus did this crap over and over and never learned. This was CBH’s first time so He can make it his last time as well. Players have to earn their playing time every week. That’s how good teams operate . 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh he definitely wouldn't.  And we was mediocre with Bama being down.

I would still take that SEC record in a heartbeat today, but yes the SEC was sadly much softer. Again, Arky and Ole Miss are having success. No excuse for us not to.

Edited by AUwent

The bottomline is CBH has gotten two mulligans against two bad teams now. Glad we won, but talk is cheap. It is time to put the big boy pants.

• Like 3

Just now, AUwent said:

I would still take that SEC record in a heartbeat today, but yes the SEC was sadly much softer.

Eh, he cost us a 2006 SEC and National Title.  Screw him.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

2001 game after Daniel Cobb won the starting job from Jason Campbell when he (Cobb) led AU to the defeat of #1 Florida at JHS. A week later he threw about 3 or 4 interceptions in a HC game ca La Tech.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Eh, he cost us a 2006 SEC and National Title.  Screw him.

That may be true. But oh what I would give for the record we had during Al Borges's time here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know man. I will give you some credit, I think things are definitely different for him BIG TIME. I still am in wait and see mode, but I honestly don't know what to think of this team or coaching staff at the moment. It is like we just can't put it all together for whatever reason.

Our team isn’t very good.   Saban could be on the sideline and the team would not perform any better 

Just now, aubaseball said:

Our team isn’t very good.   Saban could be on the sideline and the team would not perform any better 

Team would be more discipline I bet you that. But yeah I expect growing pains . I didn't expect first half struggles against far inferior opponents within three weeks apart, you know?

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would still take that SEC record in a heartbeat today, but yes the SEC was sadly much softer. Again, Arky and Ole Miss are having success. No excuse for us not to.

Aside from the fact their current coaches have at least one more year with their teams, which were not as hot last year. Can’t undo history, but it is AU, not Harsin to blame for making any change at all at the worst possible time. It takes more than a spring and 4 games to calibrate and fix the broken parts. IMHO. 

30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And I’m sure some folks really insisted that Harsin start Bo when he came in. Future sons of AU past stars need to prove they deserve the position not just because they have the name. I realize we like the “Family” monicker but let’s don’t over for it. 🤔

Has this been an ongoing problem for us in the past I’m not aware of? We’ve had many many AU stars of the past and it’s not like this one isolated instance represents anything like you are alluding to. 

29 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's exactly what I said when he was hired. I sure got some hate for saying it. 

Playing and coaching at Boise State does not prepare anyone for an SEC head coaching job. And he brought too many Boise State coaches with him.  It's going to take some huge adjustments and changes in coaching personnel for Harsin to be as successful as we hope he will be in the next few years. But he's going to have to do it in a hurry before Auburn falls too far. I'm just not too sure about his ability to recruit SEC caliber athletes. His frame of reference is from Boise State.....

Here's to Harsin being a very quick study.

BINGO!

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

The bottomline is CBH has gotten two mulligans against two bad teams now. Glad we won, but talk is cheap. It is time to put the big boy pants.

Also should’ve beat Penn St. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

Aside from the fact their current coaches have at least one more year with their teams, which were not as hot last year. Can’t undo history, but it is AU, not Harsin to blame for making any change at all at the worst possible time. It takes more than a spring and 4 games to calibrate and fix the broken parts. IMHO. 

Pittman won 3 SEC games and Kiffin won 4 SEC games their first years. I would take Harsin winning that many both this year and next at this point.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Team would be more discipline I bet you that. But yeah I expect growing pains . I didn't expect first half struggles against far inferior opponents within three weeks apart, you know?

You’re making perfect sense. Some people are just not ready to believe what their eyes are seeing and ears are hearing yet.

Edited by AU-24
  • Facepalm 1

Today was the first game this season that I thought Bo locked on his receiver right when the play was called instead of doing his progressions...also, WHY didn't we run the 2 point play on 4th down play at PSU last week?????? We had the receivers overloaded and they were all open... 

• Like 1