My apologies

1716AU

I have defended this since Harsin was hired.  No more.  It only took four games.  So sorry I defended him.

Absolutely pathetic, all the way around. Absolutely NO reason for this.  NONE.

Honeymoon is over.  I have absolutely ZERO confidence moving forward in Harsin. Not after this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hey, defense adjusted after the half AND they finally benched Nix AND TJ Finley won the damn game for AU.

Just left work in time to listen to last drive. Sounds like a different team with Finley. Hoping this is what we needed. Love and appreciate Bo but results are what they are. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hey, defense adjusted after the half AND they finally benched Nix AND TJ Finley won the damn game for AU.

Hopefully TJ gets some time next week in a legit QB battle. Nix is just too inconsistent, especially on the road. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

I have defended this since Harsin was hired.  No more.  It only took four games.  So sorry I defended him.

Absolutely pathetic, all the way around. Absolutely NO reason for this.  NONE.

Honeymoon is over.  I have absolutely ZERO confidence moving forward in Harsin. Not after this.

So you’re saying you’re a fair weather fan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

CBH was very disappointed but he gets no more wiggle room. We CANNOT look that incompetent for the foreseeable future of this schedule. Can you imagine if this was against UGA?

Maybe people were right and he definitely has a learning curve that he needs to adapt to. Hopefully CDM has found something too. But right now, I am not nearly as confident.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

CBH was very disappointed but he gets no more wiggle room. We CANNOT look that incompetent for the foreseeable future of this schedule. Can you imagine if this was against UGA?

Maybe people were right and he definitely has a learning curve that he needs to adapt to. Hopefully CDM has found something too. But right now, I am not nearly as confident.

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AU-24 said:

Just a whole different level of play. That’s why I was disappointed we didn’t get someone from a lower tier SEC school, ACC, Big Ten etc. Entirely different part of the country here, entirely different level of play, he’s obviously not ready!

Freaking this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AU-24 said:

I don't know man. I will give you some credit, I think things are definitely different for him BIG TIME. I still am in wait and see mode, but I honestly don't know what to think of this team or coaching staff at the moment. It is like we just can't put it all together for whatever reason.

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

Look Finley was not doing any better than Nix until that last drive and during that drive drive GSU changed up that defense and just tried to keep everything in front of them but it didn't work. But during that last drive he was throwing high and Shenker had to make a great catch but we are playing g LSU next week and Finley needs to play a lot better next week.  He and Bo are not yet ready to beat any of those next 5 teams.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

to me it looked like the receivers played harder for tj. that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

We should have never had to go 12 rounds with a #FunBelt team but defense was all world after the half AND our coaches had the balls to bench a floundering Bo Nix. Finley has earned the start next week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

Look Finley was not doing any better than Nix until that last drive and during that drive drive GSU changed up that defense and just tried to keep everything in front of them but it didn't work. But during that last drive he was throwing high and Shenker had to make a great catch but we are playing g LSU next week and Finley needs to play a lot better next week.  He and Bo are not yet ready to beat any of those next 5 teams.

Not sure what game you were watching but Finley was so much better than Bo. Yeah, Finley missed a couple of throws but there were moments even before the 98 yard drive where he was moving his feet and keeping his eyes downfield to complete passes. That's something Bo hasn't been able to do in 3 years. More game time reps with these receivers and I believe he'll get the timing down with these guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

We would've loss the game if Bo was still in. It is as simple as that.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know man. I will give you some credit, I think things are definitely different for him BIG TIME. I still am in wait and see mode, but I honestly don't know what to think of this team or coaching staff at the moment. It is like we just can't put it all together for whatever reason.

I was stationed in Mountain Home Idaho for 3 1/2 years of my life. It is about 45 minutes from Boise Idaho. Just a whole different attitude and culture out there. I know they talk about the Smurfs turf and all that, but I lived there for almost 4 years; football it’s just not life and death way it is in the Southeast. Nice people, Alan Greene is a nice guy, just not SEC caliber.

On the other hand, regardless of how bad Harsin does here, he is now another Auburn multimillionaire. So I guess the joke is on us.

• Like 1

Ok so in the next couple of years I don't want you back on the CBH train if it takes off. You get to just sit a cheer for another team. I'll gladly eat crow if he doesn't work out. 

Look you gotta give the man time he atleast gets till year 3 before you can say you cant defend him anymore jeez 🤣 some of y'all Auburn fans are nuts. But you do you player you do you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

to me it looked like the receivers played harder for tj. that is just my opinion.

From my limited viewing my only real comments on Finley is he's a dang big young man, has a dang strong arm and can throw it on a rope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

We should have never had to go 12 rounds with a #FunBelt team but defense was all world after the half AND our coaches had the balls to bench a floundering Bo Nix. Finley has earned the start next week. 

We went 12 rounds with freaking Mercer the same season we won the West.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ok so in the next couple of years I don't want you back on the CBH train if it takes off. You get to just sit a cheer for another team. I'll gladly eat crow if he doesn't work out. 

Look you gotta give the man time he atleast gets till year 3 before you can say you cant defend him anymore jeez 🤣 some of y'all Auburn fans are nuts. But you do you player you do you. 

It’s Georgia Southern man. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

We went 12 rounds with freaking Mercer the same season we won the West.

I was there. I remember it well! We also weren't in a "TJ Finley running away from the goal line on fourth down with two defenders in hot pursuit on the last drive of the game" level of danger. IIRC we never trailed in that game... it was just turnover city that day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

One of the things about fanhood is that you can't really control it. I sure can't.

If Harsin turns out to be a success I will be so so so happy to say I was wrong.

Edited by AUwent