Quarterbacks out of HS curse

AUwent

What is it with our inability to get a good HS QB? Jason Campbell was the last SEC caliber QB we didn't have to get out of JUCO. It makes no sense!

(I guess you could say we had success under Brandon but that may have been more the defense.)

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

What is it with our inability to get a good HS QB? Jason Campbell was the last SEC caliber QB we didn't have to get out of JUCO. It makes no sense!

(I guess you could say we had success under Brandon but that may have been more the defense.)

Brandon Cox was definitely SEC caliber, as is Bo. Hell, Sean was serviceable too. 

People misuse the term "SEC Caliber". It means being able to be competitive and hold your ground in SEC games. It doesn't mean you have to be elite or even above average. We have had several SEC caliber guys.

Now if you want to talk about "great" QBs, then yes, we haven't had a great quarterback from high school since Jason. 

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Brandon Cox was definitely SEC caliber, as is Bo. Hell, Sean was serviceable too. 

People misuse the term "SEC Caliber". It means being able to be competitive and hold your ground in SEC games. It doesn't mean you have to be elite or even above average. We have had several SEC caliber guys.

Now if you want to talk about "great" QBs, then yes, we haven't had a great quarterback from high school since Jason. 

Good point. But I kinda inferred the OP’s phrasing as “SEC Championship Caliber”. It is a curiosity to whiff on so many HS QBs when other league programs seem to always have 1 or 2 really good, effective QBs waiting in the wings.

Archived