Injury updates as of today

Tigerpro2a

Jaylon Simpsin still day to day, week to week with groin injury.

Owen Pappoe is questionable as of today and still in a boot.

Zacoby McClain has been in a leg sleeve but nothing serious should be balls out Sat.

Tank is questionable to an undisclosed injury.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's fine for this week, we will win anyway. Starting next weekend we'll need all hands on deck, every game.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, AUreo said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611247323420d705400b1

No need for panic. I think Tank had a bit of lingering issue from ASU game is what word on the street is. Played through pain last week and just resting up this week....at least I hope. Pappoe will probably sit if you ask me as well just to get them healthy. 

• Like 1

So the injuries to Tank and Owen are minor? Good to sit them this week. Desperately need our LBs healthy for LSU’s passing game.

Edited by AUwent

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's fine for this week, we will win anyway. Starting next weekend we'll need all hands on deck, every game.

the ghost of erk russell says not so fast my friend   lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Creates a fun mystery on who will be the lead back Saturday. Probably signifies a lot going forward

** assuming Harsin isn’t a psychopath and sits Tank for the meaningless game 

If Shaun is healthy, he starts. But If it hits the fan, Hunter’s the man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Same with Simpson, especially since groin injuries are easily reaggravated.   

groinindex.com

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not a guarantee at all 

edit - I get what you’re saying. Yeah the starter isn’t always an indicator of who’s the preferred RB, I guess we saw that with Kam Martin and Gus 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Jaylon Simpsin still day to day, week to week with groin injury.

Owen Pappoe is questionable as of today and still in a boot.

Zacoby McClain has been in a leg sleeve but nothing serious should be balls out Sat.

Geez...we couldn't possibly have hand picked a set of injuries that look much more worrisome. Hope that all 4 are ready to go next week.

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If he’s the first one out there, well, yeah, he starts. But wait and see who has more carries. That’s the preferred guy.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

Geez...we couldn't possibly have hand picked a set of injuries that look much more worrisome. Hope that all 4 are ready to go next week.

I am not too concerned right now.  Owen is going to be fine. Tank should be fine as well. It seems he just dealing with some pain and no sense in playing through it with capable bodies in a gimme game. McClain is fine and expected to play period. Simpson....could be a go or could be 3 more weeks....who knows?

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not a guarantee at all 

edit - I get what you’re saying. Yeah the starter isn’t always an indicator of who’s the preferred RB, I guess we saw that with Kam Martin and Gus 

If Shaun is totally over Covid, he needs the reps to get back in game shape, since he has been out for 2 weeks. 

If Tank is given a rest, it really doesn't mean anything who starts at RB. If Shivers is still getting over Covid, it could be Hunter. If Shivers starts, it means he still is 2a, and as a vet, gets the start. 

In the end, Hunter probably bc he is doing so well, will get more carries down the stretch, and We will need Shivers too for his leadership and his speed. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

If Shaun is totally over Covid, he needs the reps to get back in game shape, since he has been out for 2 weeks. 

If Tank is given a rest, it really doesn't mean anything who starts at RB. If Shivers is still getting over Covid, it could be Hunter. If Shivers starts, it means he still is 2a, and as a vet, gets the start. 

In the end, Hunter probably bc he is doing so well, will get more carries down the stretch, and We will need Shivers too for his leadership and his speed. 

Not gonna get too deep into it bc of how much the subject frustrates some, but there can be a state where you’re over COVID but you’re still a good period away from your A game, if that makes sense. I’m not a fringe Olympic speed type athlete, but I think I was pretty healthy before and I’m still not even 90% when I go to hoop a month after 

All that to say, Shivers’s workload is gonna have to be custom fit to his state, and that state might not even be known until he’s out there running in 80 degree temps, having to avoid tacklers, and go hurry up no huddle. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Do we know for sure Shivers tested positive?  I was assuming an exposure and a quarantine, not necessarily a positive test.

We don't. If he had been unvaccinated and exposed he still would have had to remain quarantined for 10 days I think.

More than likely he was unvaccinated, otherwise his return could have been sooner.  

• Thanks 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Injury updates as of today