Question....what are we wanting to see this week?

cole256

I don’t think we can work on our rushing the passer this week because they don’t pass much. Our secondary won’t be tested. Need to see gap control and run blitzes though. Our offense is where we need the biggest payoff in this game. As others have said we need receivers and qb to mesh well and work on routes and deep throws. Get other tight ends the ball a few times.

I will be happier with a 35-10 game than 52-0 if they work on packages/situations that need improvement vs doing what is already working. Put Nix in a situation that requires multiple reads to get him more practice at it in a live situation. If he makes a mistake go right back to it so he can correct it and see it on film. Do the same thing with defensive packages and keep working on the areas that need improvement to get it on film for review. Regardless of how things have gone the first three games it is still a new scheme with new coaches. 

I really want this week to be used to correct issues against a live opponent so they go into the SEC schedule ready to play. Just keep improving week by week and be ready to crush Oct/Nov..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

Air that s*** out and make receivers make plays.  

This this this.   

We need to work on passing (and pass blocking) as much as possible and find a go to WR.     

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 3

I want to see food trucks - Do they still set up outside the stadium? It's been a couple of years since I made it to a game. That soul food truck used to have terrific catfish (it was from somewhere over near Valley I think?). 

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I want to see food trucks - Do they still set up outside the stadium? It's been a couple of years since I made it to a game. That soul food truck used to have terrific catfish (it was from somewhere over near Valley I think?). 

I like the way you think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This this this.   

We need to work on passing (and pass blocking) as much as possible and find a go to WR.     

Yep, and I want to see if some of the other WRs that didn't get targeted in the Penn St game( Capers, Canion, both Johnsons) get more reps and passes thrown to them.

I did notice, which surprised me looking at the Penn St game that Capers was in there a lot more than I thought, but I guess never thrown to.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I'd like to see that too. Food trucks are essential to having a good weekend at any event. 

• Like 4

1. I want to see playcalling that attacks what our opponent is doing instead of calling plays just to call plays. 

2.  More aggressive defenses that force more turnovers.  I think we only have two in the first 3 games.

• Like 1

I'm watching Texas vs. Texas Tech.  Texas' Bijan Robinson is almost as good as Tank.  4th and 4 and the play they run isolates him with a linebacker covering on a little swing pass.  QB hits him in stride just beyond the line of scrimmage. Robinson makes the linebacker miss and takes it 38 yards to the end zone. Damn it, that's the play I want to see.  I see Bama and Texas killing with it.  Short high percentage passes to complement the run game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I'd like to see a receiver catch an uncatchable pass.

How do you catch a pass that isn't catchable???

On 9/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, DAG said:

No more 3 man fronts and establishing an offensive identity. 3 RBs, use them!

At this point in the game, a win will suffice. This is going to be a very long season. No way we hang with Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas and maybe LSU. This is a pathetic display of football. It’s just so pedestrian and ridiculous of a game. Very poor performance. A let down might could have been imagined, but not against this team. Hard to stay or be positive at this point. 

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

At this point in the game, a win will suffice. This is going to be a very long season. No way we hang with Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas and maybe LSU. This is a pathetic display of football. It’s just so pedestrian and ridiculous of a game. Very poor performance. A let down might could have been imagined, but not against this team. Hard to stay or be positive at this point. 

If we lose this game . Ole boy , I will be here for the firing squad hahaha 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we lose this game . Ole boy , I will be here for the firing squad hahaha 

Down 12 at half looks really really bad right now. If we win 6 this year we are lucky. This is starting to feel like the last 8 years already and Harsin is not a proven recruiter in the south. The Derek Mason defense seems to be a failure against any team with a pulse, but what should we have expected about a guy coming from Vandy. Even if we manage a win, this is a stepping stone for the rest of the SEC to toy with us as a homecoming game. I just can’t fathom this team all of a sudden making a run of any sort this year. Damn, at this point Gus looks like a genius for getting fired and getting away from this crapshoot.