Hardest remaining schedule (per PFF)

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Some speculation that Kiffin might be the heir apparent at UAT.

Will be honest after reading this article I would maybe kinda not mind YaboDabo going over to UAT?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saturdayblitz.com/2021/01/31/the-existential-problem-facing-auburn-and-tennessee/amp/

Can't take anything this dude says seriously when he doesn't get basic facts correct.

"The last time they won an SEC Championship, and National Championship, was 2010"

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Can't take anything this dude says seriously when he doesn't get basic facts correct.

"The last time they won an SEC Championship, and National Championship, was 2010"

Hopefully. I dream of going into a season with high expectations in the near future (hasn’t been a recipe for success but you get what I mean). Our schedule just looks to be stacked for a very long time to come, hence my TN fears.

Pretty wild that out of the LSU>UGA>Arky run LSU might be the most winnable.  Of course TaMu will get it’s QB back in time.  Not so much worried about Ole Miss’s offense as much as the Auburn secondary and lack of pass rush.  Bama will be beatable at home with a rocking JHS.  Who knows about Moo State.  USCe might be a blood bath.

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ole Miss is going to win the West. We're not stopping them.

Told my brother the same thing the other day. I think they lose one, but I also believe they beat Bama. They will name the score on us if we have a similar gameplan to last week. That O is insane and they are playing a little D this year, too.

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Told my brother the same thing the other day. I think they lose one, but I also believe they beat Bama. They will name the score on us if we have a similar gameplan to last week. That O is insane and they are playing a little D this year, too.

I think they win all but Bama.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I never said Bama was bad.  I said they are not near last year's level.  There's a major difference.

Bama has the look of a two loss team to me.  I think one of them is Ole Miss.

As for the two ranked teams Bama beat, you should really look harder at Miami.  They are 1-4 over their last 5 games.  The win?  A field goal victory at home vs Appalachian State.  Point being that Miami blows and you shouldn't put a ton of stock in that win.

As of right now and the evidence we have, I agree about Bama. They have talent all over the field, but definitely seem much more vulnerable than the last few years. Here are a few stats of where they rank so far. They also only have one really tough win honeslty with UF. Miami is fake news.

Offense- 

Total yards- 10th

PPG- 5th

Passing yards- 5th

Rushing yards- 12th

Defense

yards per game-9th

Passing yards per game - 9th

Rush yards per game - 11th

Points per game- 6th

I know stats don't paint a full picture by far, but it is not common to see them sitting this low a quarter into the season. This is SEC rankings as well.

I believe Ole Miss beats them and I think they lose another along the way like aTm. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I believe Ole Miss beats them and I think they lose another along the way like aTm. 

Aggies are another team I'm not sold on as well.  That offense is BAD

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I am never sold on them honestly. I never was last season. We will find out a lot this weekend because I do believe Arky is actually decent.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not either. Honestly, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Auburn are all still question marks to me at this point. Hard to say how that group will be ranked in the end. Should make for a fun season. 

45 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not either. Honestly, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Auburn are all still question marks to me at this point. Hard to say how that group will be ranked in the end. Should make for a fun season. 

Throw LSU and MSU in that mix, honestly. While UAT deserves to be considered the best team for the time being even they have shown signs of vulnerability.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

OM is gonna be a tougher game than some think. Were going to have to shorten the game to stop that O

We need an Iron Bowl type home crowd too. The environment for them always seems to be a decibel or two less than peak. 

I am from Missouri and Ole Miss gonna have to show me . Bama is vulnerable but overall talent they have more than OLE Miss . Ole Miss won’t be able to stop them. That 2015 that beat Bama was loaded with NFL guys. The entire offense evolves around the Qb. He is going to make mistakes at Bama u can bet on it. Also Auburn  can beat them as well even with a suspect defense with the right game plan. 

15 hours ago, e808 said:

I am from Missouri and Ole Miss gonna have to show me . Bama is vulnerable but overall talent they have more than OLE Miss . Ole Miss won’t be able to stop them. That 2015 that beat Bama was loaded with NFL guys. The entire offense evolves around the Qb. He is going to make mistakes at Bama u can bet on it. Also Auburn  can beat them as well even with a suspect defense with the right game plan. 

What should our game plan be?

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We need an Iron Bowl type home crowd too. The environment for them always seems to be a decibel or two less than peak. 

2009 would like a word. But yeah.

51 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

What should our game plan be?

Pretty much the same it’s been against Ole Miss. A power run game to shorten the game. Auburn still has more talent than them and everything is centered around the QB. Not sold on their defense. There is a lot of over reaction IMO. They haven’t played anyone. 

Looking at JBoy's top ten, and of course we have to play half of it. I could stomach it more if we knew that easier schedules would await us in the days ahead, but next years schedule may be tougher? I've been putting a lot of hope into '23 because of who we draw out of conference and from the east, but we draw USCe this year sooooo. And '24 we draw FL. I have the constant nagging feeling that the SEC will try to screw us as hard as they can when it's time to add TX and OK.

Basically Ole Miss is becoming a major player in the west while we could be permanently handicapped in a way they're not because of our schedule.

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Pretty much the same it’s been against Ole Miss. A power run game to shorten the game. Auburn still has more talent than them and everything is centered around the QB. Not sold on their defense. There is a lot of over reaction IMO. They haven’t played anyone. 

But we haven't played this Ole Miss team. So I ask again, what should our game plan be.....just run the ball? That's pretty much motherhood. a game plan has to include O and D.

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

But we haven't played this Ole Miss team. So I ask again, what should our game plan be.....just run the ball? That's pretty much motherhood. a game plan has to include O and D.

Running the the ball shorten the game your offense is your defense. Was corral not on the team last year. Wasn’t it the same coach. People will say Auburn got lucky but tank ran a kick back that had a BS call. This isn’t the first time Ole Miss has had an high powered offense. Controlled offense and just enough defense. IMO this offense has nothing on LSU and Auburn played them toe to toe even with Gus.

Auburn defense just needs a few stops and some long drives like the second drive in the 3rd quarter. Unless u saying Ole Miss Defense is equal to or better than PSU I like Auburns chances at home.

Archived