Hardest remaining schedule (per PFF)

RunInRed

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

OM is gonna be a tougher game than some think. Were going to have to shorten the game to stop that O

I won't be surprised if we are underdogs to Ole Sissy

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

OM is gonna be a tougher game than some think. Were going to have to shorten the game to stop that O

Ole Miss is going to win the West. We're not stopping them.

32 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ole Miss is going to win the West. We're not stopping them.

They aren't beating Bama. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

this-up.gif

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's exactly right.  OM's best win is UL and Corral has a 186+ QB rating but he's already been sacked 6 times.  Bammer gone smash in T-loser.

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How the devil does Ga. Tech make this list? That's nonsense.

Because they have Clemson, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Georgia left to play, plus a trip to Miami. It's certainly not our slate, but at least on paper it doesn't look too easy.

To me the recipe is still the same for Auburn to beat them. Catch a break or a few stops and control the clock with the run game. Their defense has improved but it’s still not championship level improved 

12 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

That's exactly right.  OM's best win is UL and Corral has a 186+ QB rating but he's already been sacked 6 times.  Bammer gone smash in T-loser.

I don't see how Bama keeps up with them scoring.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I do it’s a big step up in competition for OLE Miss. This current Ole Miss team is good but not good as the last team to win in t-town. Bama will out score them or Corral gonna turn the ball over at a critical time. The will have Bamas full attention. The alarm has be sounded because of the close win in Gainesville.

Regardless, with the way our schedule is set up for the time being I fear we could fall behind TAMU, OM and even Arky in the SEC west pecking order. We could miss a bowl both this season and next—can we still catch up in recruiting in that case?

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

I do it’s a big step up in competition for OLE Miss. This current Ole Miss team is good but not good as the last team to win in t-town. Bama will out score them or Corral gonna turn the ball over at a critical time

This Bama team is nowhere near as good as last year's squad, which needed all four quarters to beat Ole Miss in a shootout.

Now Ole Miss gets that entire offense back, Bama loses theirs, and you're trying to convince me that OM can't keep up?  Yeah, not buying it.

And y'all can crap on OM beating UL and Tulane.  Just remember that UL is better than Miami (who Bama beat) and Tulane nearly beat Oklahoma in week 1.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You don’t? I believe Bama can score with anyone and their defense , although vulnerable makes crucial stops when necessary. I am not betting against a NS coach team , especially with his record against assistant coaches. OM may very well beat them but I don’t see it. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You don’t? I believe Bama can score with anyone and their defense , although vulnerable makes crucial stops when necessary. I am not betting against a NS coach team , especially with his record against assistant coaches. OM may very well beat them but I don’t see it. 

I watched Bryce Young make some serious mistakes last week over the final three quarters.  There's a blueprint for how to stop him.  And if you're OM, with that offense, you only need to stop him a handful of times to be successful.

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't think they will be favored, but it would not shock me to see Ole Miss pull out a "W" against Bama this season. I think Kiffin has some insights into Saban. Last season it was like watching a tennis match. Ole Miss kept pace until they "lost serve" after which it was basically over. Regardless, I think this year's Bama team is beatable. I have my doubts that they finish undefeated.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This Bama team is nowhere near as good as last year's squad, which needed all four quarters to beat Ole Miss in a shootout.

Now Ole Miss gets that entire offense back, Bama loses theirs, and you're trying to convince me that OM can't keep up?  Yeah, not buying it.

And y'all can crap on OM beating UL and Tulane.  Just remember that UL is better than Miami (who Bama beat) and Tulane nearly beat Oklahoma in week 1.

My question to u is team bad by Saban standards or Shula standards. Because they still are #1 and beat two ranked teams. The teams that beat Bama at home have been generational teams. Auburn Cam Newton, Ole Miss was loaded and had a good defense. LSU national Champs. Tamu Johnny Football. We will find out in two weeks.

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

I don't think they will be favored, but it would not shock me to see Ole Miss pull out a "W" against Bama this season. I think Kiffin has some insights into Saban. Last season it was like watching a tennis match. Ole Miss kept pace until they "lost serve" after which it was basically over. Regardless, I think this year's Bama team is beatable. I have my doubts that they finish undefeated.

Me too. I am just not going to fall for the trick again. It seems like Lane Kiffin teams have a habit of having high octane offenses, looking relatively good and somewhere along the line get side tracked.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I watched Bryce Young make some serious mistakes last week over the final three quarters.  There's a blueprint for how to stop him.  And if you're OM, with that offense, you only need to stop him a handful of times to be successful.

There might be a possible blue print, but Alabama adapts very well. I guess what I am saying is for OM to beat them, they will have to play both sides of the ball too. Just thinking you are going to outscore Bama in a track meet has only worked for a couple teams, being Clemson and LSU.

Just now, e808 said:

My question to u is team bad by Saban standards or Shula standards. Because they still are #1 and beat two ranked teams. The teams that beat Bama at home have been generational teams. Auburn Cam Newton, Ole Miss was loaded and had a good defense. LSU national Champs. Tamu Johnny Football. We will find out in two weeks.

I never said Bama was bad.  I said they are not near last year's level.  There's a major difference.

Bama has the look of a two loss team to me.  I think one of them is Ole Miss.

As for the two ranked teams Bama beat, you should really look harder at Miami.  They are 1-4 over their last 5 games.  The win?  A field goal victory at home vs Appalachian State.  Point being that Miami blows and you shouldn't put a ton of stock in that win.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I never said Bama was bad.  I said they are not near last year's level.  There's a major difference.

Bama has the look of a two loss team to me.  I think one of them is Ole Miss.

As for the two ranked teams Bama beat, you should really look harder at Miami.  They are 1-4 over their last 5 games.  The win?  A field goal victory at home vs Appalachian State.  Point being that Miami blows and you shouldn't put a ton of stock in that win.

I know Miami sucks but when Bama played them that was their current status. As everyone knows it’s hard to win on the road. It’s not like the Gators are a pushover. In the same breathe Ole Miss hasn’t played anyone. I would have gladly taken a 2 point win over PSU.  Saban doesn’t recruit all those 5 stars for nothing. In a close game they will be the difference. Like I said we will find out in two weeks and can revisit this

Some speculation that Kiffin might be the heir apparent at UAT.

Will be honest after reading this article I would maybe kinda not mind YaboDabo going over to UAT?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saturdayblitz.com/2021/01/31/the-existential-problem-facing-auburn-and-tennessee/amp/

Archived