Tuberville Offense

AUght2win

42 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I know everyone is disappointed with play call, but a pivotal part of the game was at the end of the third quarter.   3rd and 1 and a running play was called that resulted in a one or two yard loss.  Running on them was not a guarantee of getting two yards.  

honestly , my biggest disappointment of the entire game was calling the timeout before the play and in the first half calling timeout on defense when it wasn’t needed.   I thought time management could have been better 

That 3rd and 1 shouldn’t have happened. What was the rush let the clock run out and talk about it. Anything along the edges should have done the job.

16 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

The Franklin offense ...

He was very successful with it at Cal. Although he also had Jared Goff for a coupled of years.

Edited by Randman5000

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

He was very successful with it at Cal. Although he also had Jared Goff for a coupled of years.

He has had a lot of success with it.  He was really thrown into a no win situation at Auburn and he wasn't prepared to adjust what he was doing to fit the players he inherited.    I have heard him in interviews admit that it was just something you couldn't say no to, but that he probably should have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

More than that, he didn't have Hugh Nall and the rest of the BBQ Boys.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 5:00 PM, TexasTiger said:

He’s had numerous offenses— which one most offends you?

Exactly my thoughts.  
The Petrino (2002) or Borges (2004/5) offenses, absolutely!!!  I loved those.  
The Nallsminger BBQ offense (03) or the Franklin vs BBQ gang offense (08).  Hard pass!  Those were offensive offenses in the worst way.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, clwn said:

Need to let Bobo run UGA offense when they had Cox and Freshman Murray. King and Ealey doing most of the yards. Then when Bo or TJ gets comfortable, open it up like the Stafford and Senior Murray era.

That in fact was kind of what I was hoping to see last Saturday. Maybe, just maybe, that is what ours will evolve into sometime in the near future.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:43 AM, weagl1 said:

If I’m down at the 2 with a 4th and goal I’m putting in two TE’s, big Pegues as a FB and I’m getting the ball to Tank or Hunter.  They keep saying we are going to be a downhill running team.  4th and 2 with the game on the line ain’t no time to be cute for a downhill running team.   Our best skill players on offense are Tank, Hunter, Shenker and Robertson, not Nix and Hudson.  When the game is on the line you find a way to get the ball to the best you got and at some point you have to win the LOS to win the game.  I know PSU has a strong DL but they certainly are not UGA or Bammer.  We were running the ball effectively on them all night.  

I agree 100%. From a lot of the preseason input from Harsin, that was really what I had expected to see in that 4th and 2 situation. It was a disappointment at that point for a lot of reasons. Especially, as you stated, put the game in the hands of the players that got you there during the whole drive. I was hoping that "cute" was gone from our playbook.