Shaun Shivers returns

WFE12

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Other than the recent issue, we’re there anymore to give you the idea of being “snakebite”? Usually that means a recurring theme.

We could start with his 80-yard TD run in the Iron Bowl being called back for a hold that was behind the play. Nothing else that dramatic comes to mind at the moment but his college career certainly has been filed with a bunch of almosts and could have beens. Now, in his senior year he has already missed two games.

29 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's bittersweet because Jarquez is the man now. 

I can't imagine how difficult it has been for him. He was #1 on the depth chart entering last year, and then Tank quickly takes over and DJ had a role. Then, everyone goes through the coaching change and basically the whole room clears out besides he and Tank. Harsin and Bobo go after highly regarded transfers at the position, but settle with a developmental player in Ingram. Out of camp, it looks like he'll be #2, and then unfortunately is out for two weeks, and Jarquez comes in and looks like an absolute superstar. I can't imagine how tough that must be for anyone, much less a competitor like him.

It's important to note that both parties have acted with nothing but pure class throughout. Harsin has talked very positively of him every time he's asked, and Shivers has been rooting on Tank and Jarquez harder than anyone on twitter. Hopefully, they can find a way to still give him a role, win some big games his senior year, and get him a spot in the NFL. He deserves it 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, au302 said:

and get him a spot in the NFL. He deserves it 

We know two things, which are that he's going to impress with his speed and in his interviews. He'll get on somewhere as a UFA at a minimum and will have a real shot to make a squad from there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We know two things, which are that he's going to impress with his speed and in his interviews. He'll get on somewhere as a UFA at a minimum and will have a real shot to make a squad from there. 

I agree, could probably make a taxi squad.  I think his skill set is ideal for the CFL and it would be interesting to see what happens if he went that route.

He could come 

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

We could start with his 80-yard TD run in the Iron Bowl being called back for a hold that was behind the play. Nothing else that dramatic comes to mind at the moment but his college career certainly has been filed with a bunch of almosts and could have beens. Now, in his senior year he has already missed two games.

Could come back next year if he wants bc of the covid year, right?

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He could come 

Could come back next year if he wants bc of the covid year, right?

I believe I saw him say that he is graduating this semester.  So he has all kinds of opportunities that he has earned for his future.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I believe I saw him say that he is graduating this semester.  So he has all kinds of opportunities that he has earned for his future.

Okay did not realize that part. I wonder if we will have anybody take advantage of that extra year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Okay did not realize that part. I wonder if we will have anybody take advantage of that extra year. 

It will be interesting for sure, there are plenty of possibilities and Shivers could surely be one of them.   Harsin would take him for another year without a doubt.  He is the perfect example of how he wants his players to practice and prepare.  Shivers work ethic and focus on all things football show up in how Tank and Hunter perform as he leads that group and they follow his lead.  Not gonna find a better team player than him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

Guess if missing time is  being “snakebite” Tank was last year also.

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

So, it's your opinion that Worm has had a career at AU that was filled with good luck and no unfortunate incidents that prevented him from reaching his full potential? I think he's been snakebit his entire time here. He's never had a 400 yard season and his rushing yardage has declined every year. Consistent bad luck on Shaun's part is the very definition of snakebit.

Tank, though injured, still gained over 700 yards last season and was SEC freshman of the year.  Tank is not snakebit. See the difference?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Your comment suggests unfamiliarity with the meaning of snakebit, Worm's career, and each player's career length. 

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your comment suggests unfamiliarity with the meaning of snakebit, Worm's career, and each player's career length. 

The poster included missed games as evidence of being snakebite (I didn’t). I was attempting to be facetious by including Tank in the conversation. I believe if you look back at His (Shaun) career, it’s more about not having opportunities to carry the ball. That reason (looking at the data) appears to me to be the coaches ( that he was playing for) choosing not to give him the opportunity. I would not assign that to being “snakebit”.

42 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The poster included missed games as evidence of being snakebite (I didn’t). I was attempting to be facetious by including Tank in the conversation. I believe if you look back at His (Shaun) career, it’s more about not having opportunities to carry the ball. That reason (looking at the data) appears to me to be the coaches ( that he was playing for) choosing not to give him the opportunity. I would not assign that to being “snakebit”.

It's been numerous things with Worm. The Florida debacle, playing for a coach under whom a ton of playmakers weren't allowed to make plays, having the long run against bama called back, now Covid (half the team isn't vaccinated, yet he's one of the few to be compromised by it), having a 3* kid become a superstar at the exact time he gets Covid... 

I mean, maybe it doesn't meet a technical definition of snakebit, but it's an odd thing to contradict. 

Welcome back Worm!  You were missed.   Time to put it on GSU!   

I am interested in future depth charts in the RB room.  We now know we are blessed with 3 good ones!  Tank is clearly RB1.  Worm and JH may be 2A and 2B.   JH needs an awesome nickname to be on Tank and Worm’s level😂

Worm needs to be our 3rd down back badly.  Been begging for him to be used in a Darren Sproles type role since he got here.  Worm has good hands out of the backfield, but could also hit you with a run anywhere.  Such a dangerous combo on 3rd and short to medium.

Just his HR ability alone makes him a guy that needs to touch the ball at least 10 times per game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Worm needs to be our 3rd down back badly.  Been begging for him to be used in a Darren Sproles type role since he got here.  Worm has good hands out of the backfield, but could also hit you with a run anywhere.  Such a dangerous combo on 3rd and short to medium.

Just his HR ability alone makes him a guy that needs to touch the ball at least 10 times per game.

I used to stan for him getting more touches between the tackles on regular downs, but now we might have the two best pure ball carriers since Jovon Robinson on roster. I've switched over to your way of thinking. And Darren Sproles is a name I've used, too. Another is Dexter McCluster, except with (other) NFL backs sharing the backfield. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Welcome back Worm!  You were missed.   Time to put it on GSU!   

I am interested in future depth charts in the RB room.  We now know we are blessed with 3 good ones!  Tank is clearly RB1.  Worm and JH may be 2A and 2B.   JH needs an awesome nickname to be on Tank and Worm’s level😂

Hopefully all three have roles. That's what I'm expecting. But Jarquez is clearly the second back, and I don't think it's particularly close at all. He has earned and deserves that spot, and I hope this isn't like Gus where he doesn't start out of respect to the veteran. All three are awesome, but Tank and Jarquez are a different level imo

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's been numerous things with Worm. The Florida debacle, playing for a coach under whom a ton of playmakers weren't allowed to make plays, having the long run against bama called back, now Covid (half the team isn't vaccinated, yet he's one of the few to be compromised by it), having a 3* kid become a superstar at the exact time he gets Covid... 

I mean, maybe it doesn't meet a technical definition of snakebit, but it's an odd thing to contradict. 

I can certainly be odd at times.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The point I was trying to infer was that Shaun’s career is where it it at more because of lack of opportunities to actually run the ball. If that is true it is more on coaching decisions rather than “being snakebit”. Your correct though, not a big deal.

The Tank-Worm-Hunter trio is the best trio we’ve had in a long time. And with 8 straight weeks of SEC opponents were going to need them all. Can’t wait to have them all three in a rotation with a coaching staff who knows how to use each of their strengths. 

• Like 1