Shaun Shivers returns

WFE12

Thank God. We have missed Shivers. Shivers Tank, Hunter need the ball 40+ times a game. These guys can't be stopped.

Nix never needs to throw more than 25-30 times a game ever again. 40 pass attempts is ridiculous. He's average at best, and we have a stable of RB's that are arguably the best in the nation.

• Like 6

We need him. I won't lie wish we could spread a play maker out to wr but we need all of the explosive athletes we can get. Some people said this covid stuff could bite us. Certainly wish he was there last week lol.

But here's looking to the future!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The speed that Shaun brings has surely been missed. Curious to see what his touches look like now that Hunter has established himself. This is the RB room that I've been wanting for years. 

I'm fine with a three headed monster at RB. 

• Like 2

Shivers has been a favorite of mine since we first signed him. (Check the avatar) However, things simply haven't worked in his favor much. "Snakebit" comes to mind. I'm now wondering if Shivers won't be Wally Pipp to Hunter as Lou Gehrig.

This is great news. Worm might be a little low on energy at first from the bug but I'll tell you one thing. Those defensive players better strap their helmets on tight. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Shivers has been a favorite of mine since we first signed him. (Check the avatar) However, things simply haven't worked in his favor much. "Snakebit" comes to mind. I'm now wondering if Shivers won't be Wally Pipp to Hunter as Lou Gehrig.

Other than the recent issue, we’re there anymore to give you the idea of being “snakebite”? Usually that means a recurring theme.

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think our current room is more talented, tbh. 

That’s a tough one tre has a little more speed but tank probably breaks a few more tackles. CAP was also able to be a standalone back. Hunter is TBD. All three of the former went to the league 

28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think so, too. I think Tank is better than any of the 2013 group, I think Hunter has a chance to be, and I think Worm is probably comparable to Grant. 

Something a lot of folks don't remember about that 2013-14 group is everything happening that allowed them to be so successful. Tre certainly found yards that weren't there on a regular basis but otherwise they were operating in a lot of space that no Auburn RB has since. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Man, that would be a great debate. All three of those guys were on NFL rosters at one point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man, that would be a great debate. All three of those guys were on NFL rosters at one point.

Yeah it would be. Hope everyone stays healthy so we can see how it all plays out.

I would say this backfield has a much higher ceiling in terms of long term potential. Let's see how this staff utilizes all three now that Shivers is back. Do they try and utilize Shivers like Corey Grant in this offense, which is much different than Gus? Do they use him in a more traditional role and take carries from Jarquez? How heavily does Bobo usually use his third back? A lot of questions that need to be answered before we can answer imo

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Wasn’t that 2013 group the only sec offense to ever lead the nation in rushing?

that was a special offense.

Tre by himself carries a lot of weight . Heisman finalist. 40 plus carries in Sec Championship game. Still gashed a FSU defense loaded with NFL guys. Would have had a longer pro career if not for drugs. 

• Like 3