best running back tandem in the country?

aubiefifty

Does Auburn have the best running back tandem in the country?

Lance Dawe

Tue, September 21, 2021, 2:12 PM

Even with the absence of Shaun Shivers, Auburn’s running back room has still been firing on all cylinders.

Freshman Jarquez Hunter has been playing exceptionally well through his first three games of the season. Through two games, Hunter had out preformed Tank Bigsby (257 rushing yards compared to Tank’s 241 rushing yards), Auburn’s stud running back and Heisman contender.

Where does this duo stand nationally? Could they possibly be the best tandem in the nation?

Auburn message board legend Charlie5 joined Zac Blackerby on the “Locked on Auburn Podcast“to share his thoughts on the duo’s hot start to the season.

Charlie5: “I don’t think we understand how good Jarquez Hunter is. To be able to build your gameplay around not just Bigsby but Hunter as well… call me a homer, but at worst, (Bigsby and Hunter) are the best running back tandem in the SEC. At best, possibly the best running back tandem in the country. I don’t think we understood that before (the Penn State game). We looked at Hunter as an ancillary back to compliment instead of getting 40 combined touches between (Bigsby and Hunter). There’s not hardly a drop off between either one. We now know that we can lean heavily on our running game. To the point where we can make our offense about those two guys.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

We now know that we can lean heavily on our running game. To the point where we can make our offense about those two guys.”

…which should open up the passing game, right? Right?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Does Auburn have the best running back tandem in the country?

Lance Dawe

Tue, September 21, 2021, 2:12 PM

Even with the absence of Shaun Shivers, Auburn’s running back room has still been firing on all cylinders.

Freshman Jarquez Hunter has been playing exceptionally well through his first three games of the season. Through two games, Hunter had out preformed Tank Bigsby (257 rushing yards compared to Tank’s 241 rushing yards), Auburn’s stud running back and Heisman contender.

Where does this duo stand nationally? Could they possibly be the best tandem in the nation?

Auburn message board legend Charlie5 joined Zac Blackerby on the “Locked on Auburn Podcast“to share his thoughts on the duo’s hot start to the season.

Charlie5: “I don’t think we understand how good Jarquez Hunter is. To be able to build your gameplay around not just Bigsby but Hunter as well… call me a homer, but at worst, (Bigsby and Hunter) are the best running back tandem in the SEC. At best, possibly the best running back tandem in the country. I don’t think we understood that before (the Penn State game). We looked at Hunter as an ancillary back to compliment instead of getting 40 combined touches between (Bigsby and Hunter). There’s not hardly a drop off between either one. We now know that we can lean heavily on our running game. To the point where we can make our offense about those two guys.”

And keys not forget we got Shaun waiting in the wind. We had a couple of good RBs leave this summer and I couldn’t figure out why. Now I know . The room was full of good RBs. Not a bad problem to have 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUreo said:

…which should open up the passing game, right? Right?

Or....maybe it should lead to the higher percentage choice (by the coaching staff..hint..hint) on 4th and Goal at the 2 Yard Line for the remainder of the year. Please no more fades to the corner from 2 yards out!

Edited by au701948

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Harsin needs to run the wheels off tank , hunter, and V8. 

This times 1,000,000

Both these backs should get a minimum of 20 carries a game.  We should throw no more than 20 passes a game and run the damn ball.

• Like 2