Bo talks about the game including (the call)

WFE12

"Those that can't play or coach, referee"

I mean, that's just a hilarious commentary from a kid who couldn't play and washed out as a coach.

Sounds like they gave him some license on the 4th down play, and he went with the match up he liked based on pre snap. Like he said, you make your decision and have to live with it, and he mentioned how much that loss hurt, so clearly he's having to live with it. Still, I like what he said about the team not being intimidated by the moment, and I thought that showed Saturday night. Even though it was a loss, it sounds like it was a confidence builder for them. They know they can compete now, and that will pay dividends once we reach SEC play.

22 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Sounds like they gave him some license on the 4th down play, and he went with the match up he liked based on pre snap. Like he said, you make your decision and have to live with it, and he mentioned how much that loss hurt, so clearly he's having to live with it. Still, I like what he said about the team not being intimidated by the moment, and I thought that showed Saturday night. Even though it was a loss, it sounds like it was a confidence builder for them. They know they can compete now, and that will pay dividends once we reach SEC play.

And I liked that he owned it and did not shy away.  Good on him for showing that kind of leadership.  Proud of my man crush.  

Thanks for posting, first time I've heard/seen "J Boy", didn't realize he is Jake Crain.  I played summer baseball with his dad and played football against him in high school.  He was one of the fiercest competitors I was ever on the field with..  

That was a very good interview!  I like that our guys are taking that as motivation to work harder and get better, all the while believing they will be good enough to win big games later in the season!!!

side notes:   I like some of JBoy’s ideas for “fixing” the targeting rule.  As it stands now, it is very high on the list of worst things about college football!   And the idea of holding officials accountable.  They are terrible across the board week in and week out.  And they don’t care!  They still get their check and go home.  Our game was really bad.  MSU got robbed!  We could keep giving examples all day.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

And I liked that he owned it and did not shy away.  Good on him for showing that kind of leadership.  Proud of my man crush.  

I was just about to say the exact same thing.    Stood up and owned it like a man.     A real leader.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I was just about to say the exact same thing.    Stood up and owned it like a man.     A real leader.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Say what you will about his play, but Bo has always been accountable for himself.

We need to give Bo and everyone else a break...these kids work hard on the practice field, in the weightroom and in the games...we treat them like they're professional players and they should never make any mistakes...as for Bo, he is a competitor that wants to win every play (maybe that's his downfall at times), but he's the first one (competitor) we've had at QB since Nick...

10 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

We need to give Bo and everyone else a break...these kids work hard on the practice field, in the weightroom and in the games...we treat them like they're professional players and they should never make any mistakes...as for Bo, he is a competitor that wants to win every play (maybe that's his downfall at times), but he's the first one (competitor) we've had at QB since Nick...

Everybody on the team is a competitor. I agree that they are all working hard and want to be winners

Archived