Harsin and Bobo need to read this article....

steeleagle

• steeleagle changed the title to Harsin and Bobo need to read this article....

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29423583/so-long-goal-line-fade-why-one-nfl-least-efficient-passing-plays-disappearing

If the NFL thinks it going away..surely it should not be the first option in a college game... :)

Who said it was the first option?

Just now, DAG said:

What? So Bo made that read? Come one. 

If that is the case Bo needs to sit. Put in Finley or let Davis do his thing. I don't believe that to be the case. That was the 1st option and what was called. All you have to do is look at the players coming off the sideline after the call. Read the tweet from Holly Rowe. Players were pissed off at the call. 

Just now, DAG said:

I didn't. I said 'surely' as I hoped it wasn't, since I didn't know. 

But I will add, that I can see Bo doing what the coach told him was his first option especially if he saw it would be one on one with the DB. 

What I would like to know, based on what Harsin said, is what were the other 4 options, since Harsin said there were 4 or even 5 options. I am sure Bo has to look for keys to determine his decision....

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If that is the case Bo needs to sit. Put in Finley or let Davis do his thing. I don't believe that to be the case. That was the 1st option and what was called. All you have to do is look at the players coming off the sideline after the call. Read the tweet from Holly Rowe. Players were pissed off at the call. 

Are you okay? lol. I am going off what CBH said. There was multiple options available. He doesn't seem like the lying sorts. And excuse me if I am not going to go off 100 percent what you say Stephen A Smith. Reactive much?

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I didn't. I said 'surely' as I hoped it wasn't, since I didn't know. 

But I will add, that I can see Bo doing what the coach told him was his first option especially if he saw it would be one on one with the DB. 

What I would like to know, based on what Harsin said, is what were the other 4 options, since Harsin said there were 4 or even 5 options. I am sure Bo has to look for keys to determine his decision....

Ok man lol

23 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Those options had to be upon reading the defensive alignment. On the 2 yard line with such a short field, there is no time to go through options after the snap. I don't like the call but I don't get paid the big bucks.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Those options had to be upon reading the defensive alignment. On the 2 yard line with such a short field, there is no time to go through options after the snap. I don't like the call but I don't get paid the big bucks.

You definitely have time to go through options when the ball is at the 2, but I agree with you that it was either called or predetermined where the ball was going before the snap.  Tank wasn't even out of the backfield by the time Bo was throwing.  He was throwing w/in a second of the ball being snapped.  Based on coverage, the 1st look at to be Kobe.

pre-snap.JPG

release.JPG

Rolling that play forward, it's kinda hard to tell but the MLB was covering tank....after that screen shot above he's already shuffling that way b/c Bo is throwing it.

Bo could have maybe pump faked it or come back to tank after looking him off and possible scored/had a better chance vs a low percentage fade.  

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Especially Tank!!

The reason we think it is so effective is because it works so well against us.  We are clueless at defending the fade against even an average qb and receiver. Usually results in a td or pi. We never look for the ball. We never play the route even though we know it is coming. We get too close react too late and then chase and perform the duty of the closest witness to the most recent touchdown.  

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Rolling that play forward, it's kinda hard to tell but the MLB was covering tank....after that screen shot above he's already shuffling that way b/c Bo is throwing it.

Bo could have maybe pump faked it or come back to tank after looking him off and possible scored/had a better chance vs a low percentage fade.  

Tank would have still scored on his angle route with a decent throw. 

It was a bad play call nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Tank would have still scored on his angle route with a decent throw. 

It was a bad play call nonetheless.

It would have been a really high level play to look off the MLB long enough and then come back to tank and see him and get the ball to him quick enough.  He seemed to be the only real option as most everyone else was really covered up

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You definitely have time to go through options when the ball is at the 2, but I agree with you that it was either called or predetermined where the ball was going before the snap.  Tank wasn't even out of the backfield by the time Bo was throwing.  He was throwing w/in a second of the ball being snapped.  Based on coverage, the 1st look at to be Kobe.

pre-snap.JPG

release.JPG

Good stuff! Either way the ball should've been in Tank's hands. That was a significant over thinking by the coaching staff. I am still furious about that. Got to let Tank figure it out. If they stop him, god bless them.

If not Tank, it would have been a perfect play for Worm to run straight on with a full head of steam had he been available. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It would have been a really high level play to look off the MLB long enough and then come back to tank and see him and get the ball to him quick enough.  He seemed to be the only real option as most everyone else was really covered up

There was a window to get to Tank since he had the positioning and he'd probably have won the collision. And yup everyone else was blanketed. 

They weren't showing a pressure look either so no reason to be in such a hurry to get rid of it. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If not Tank, it would have been a perfect play for Worm to run straight on with a full head of steam had he been available. 

Or Bo over the top (if he had been available).

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Shouldn't have wasted a timeout. You need to have a pre-determined play ready to go, so the defense doesn't have to get organized.

Yup and he even talked about the script. Save that TO in case you don't get it. 

Even with the TD, If we don't get the 2 we'd still need to get the ball back. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good stuff! Either way the ball should've been in Tank's hands. That was a significant over thinking by the coaching staff. I am still furious about that. Got to let Tank figure it out. If they stop him, god bless them.

Agree.

Also, I remember hearing so much about being under center in the RZ.  Being tough, etc.  Don't think we did it that much and definitely didn't on that last play.  

I go back to to Penn State's last TD play.  That was a amazing play call.  None of our players were looking in the backfield and chased WRs/TEs out of the picture and opened up a massive hole.  4 people covering 3, no one on the RB.  Not sure if this was a blown assignment by one of the 2 guys covering the inside guy.

Fade is just a lazy call.

tdplay.JPG

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

There was a window to get to Tank since he had the positioning and he'd probably have won the collision. And yup everyone else was blanketed. 

They weren't showing a pressure look either so no reason to be in such a hurry to get rid of it. 

That has to be b/c it was called or predetermined.  100% can't convince me otherwise.

10 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Should have been a 2 TE set and run the RPO with one TE go out to the flats with the opposite WR in a drag route

Are we even running much of any RPO?  Some are more obvious than others, but it doesn't seem like we are.

Harsin missed or couldn't hire Lebby, which probably was his 1st choice for OC.  Would have been a more creative play caller and we see what he's doing at Ole Miss

Archived