Explain the Receiver Rotation

AUght2win

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You must be new to football so I'll cut you some slack. 

The guy took a brand new, undermanned team a thousand miles north to play in front of 110k people, against the #6 team in the country, during the whiteout,, and came up a score short. 

We led multiple times in the game. We battled back from an 11 point deficit. We made huge stops when we needed to. We converted huge firsts when we needed to. We weren't rattled by the environment. We were literally 2 yards away from OT. 

The "moment being too big" is so nonsensical it's hard to even understand the thought process. It's just not smart. Sorry.

And as stated, that moment you speak of, was too big for this staff. Glad you are happy with the loss to a big 10 team.

Edited by AU-24
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Nobody is happy with a loss to a top ten team. It is called perspective . But some of you guys were totally okay with losing to the likes of Minnesota , UCF, losing against top tier teams like we didn’t belong and battling against lower tier teams on an annual basis with the last regiment. All because the dude was a good guy and his players never quit . Well it seems the same rings true initially right now, so why doesn’t he get the same benefit of a doubt after 1 hard fought game? Again, a handful of you are just exposing yourselves.  When CBH starts doing that and has a mindset of just being above average then get back to me.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nobody is happy with a loss to a top ten team. It is called perspective . But some of you guys were totally okay with losing to the likes of Minnesota , UCF, losing against top tier teams like we didn’t belong and battling against lower tier teams on an annual basis with the last regiment. All because the dude was a good guy and his players never quit . Well it seems the same rings true initially right now, so why doesn’t he get the same benefit of a doubt after 1 hard fought game? Again, a handful of you are just exposing yourselves.  When CBH starts doing that and has a mindset of just being above average then get back to me.

Where did you read: We were totally okay with losing to the likes of Minnesota ,UCF, losing against toptier teams like we didn’t belong?

You may have read just a season before last we beat the PAC 12 champs, Jimbo and A&M and the best coach in the history of college football all in one season.

As many have now put it out there, we have wide receivers that can’t catch a cold, a secondary, which was supposed to be our strong point, that can’t cover, not being assisted by a D-line that can’t pressure the quarterback. Then you throw in the playcalling issues and the trick plays? No one is saying we want to go back to Gus, we want Gus back. What we’re saying is, we are a top tier school, so we want a top tier coach Especially for anywhere from $25 million-$40 million. That is all we are saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Where did you read: We were totally okay with losing to the likes of Minnesota ,UCF, losing against toptier teams like we didn’t belong?

You may have read just a season before last we beat the PAC 12 champs, Jimbo and A&M and the best coach in the history of college football all in one season.

As many have now put it out there, we have wide receivers that can’t catch a cold, a secondary, which was supposed to be our strong point, that can’t cover, not being assisted by a D-line that can’t pressure the quarterback. Then you throw in the playcalling issues and the trick plays? No one is saying we want to go back to Gus, we want Gus back. What we’re saying is, we are a top tier school, so we want a top tier coach Especially for anywhere from $25 million-$40 million. That is all we are saying.

Where did you get people were happy with the penn state loss? Yet you said that dumb stuff. Nobody is okay with the penn state loss but it’s game 3 of CBH regiment . How the hell can you have a dang objective view off of three freaking games? Let me answer this for you , you can’t . All of your subjective mindset is coming from the fact that we hired a non-power 5 guy with a lower salary.  

just a season before ?Lol this guy. What about the losses we experienced as well?  What about last season? That is what I mean . Biased AF. You want to talk about that but don’t want to paint a whole picture. You aren’t worth the time. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Washington won the Pac12 in 2018

Congrats on beating an unranked Aggies and Bama starting a 1st time starter.  This is some heavy ******* Gus appologist going on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I know you miss Gus and i'm sorry the coach you liked was fired. I bet its very frustrating to have the coach you pull for be disliked and constantly put down my 90% of the posters on here. 

Guessing WDE lost some money on that Penn St game. Harsh take for a down to the wire road loss against a top ten team. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

And as stated, that moment you speak of, was too big for this staff. Glad you are happy with the loss to a big 10 team.

You realize "the moment was too big" is always in reference to an entire performance, right? It is referring to not being able to conceptually handle a certain stage. Nobody ever means a literal moment or play.

"They got blown out in the Super Bowl, the moment was too big. They got swept in the world series, they weren't ready for the moment." Etc. 

We screwed up on a goalline play with a few seconds to go to win the game, we didn't get skunked by 40. That isn't "the moment being too big". Again, you must be new, so you get a mulligan. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Where did you get people were happy with the penn state loss? Yet you said that dumb stuff. Nobody is okay with the penn state loss but it’s game 3 of CBH regiment . How the hell can you have a dang objective view off of three freaking games? Let me answer this for you , you can’t . All of your subjective mindset is coming from the fact that we hired a non-power 5 guy with a lower salary.  

just a season before ?Lol this guy. What about the losses we experienced as well?  What about last season? That is what I mean . Biased AF. You want to talk about that but don’t want to paint a whole picture. You aren’t worth the time. 

Another thing too is people are speaking like we were favored. Literally nobody picked us to win. Idk why we feel entitled to a huge road victory like that. It sucks we lost but the harsh reality is we aren't tier-1 talented anymore. We aren't that far off, but we aren't in a position to feel entitled to automatically beat a top 10 team on the road. 

• Like 2

Lol at you guys arguing with him/her. They have been waiting forever for us to lose. Everybody knew this was coming. It doesn't matter if we lost by 50 or by 1. Actually they had some stuff to say when we won. There's not reasoning or explaining. We could win a title and it would still be the same 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol at you guys arguing with him/her. They have been waiting forever for us to lose. Everybody knew this was coming. It doesn't matter if we lost by 50 or by 1. Actually they had some stuff to say when we won. There's not reasoning or explaining. We could win a title and it would still be the same 

Same thing about our AD

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Same thing about our AD

The funniest part of all of it is he/she really don't think people see it. They really think they do a good job of covering it up 😑

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Can sum up your thoughts and disappointment with: the truth hurts doesn’t it?

A couple of us tried to tell you about Alan Greene, you claimed it was everything from racism to ignorance etc.

1. Alan Greene fired, but they are nice enough to keep him on payroll till he can find another job, problem is… nobody else will hire him.

T-Will and Gus didn’t get along to the point where T-Will helped get Gus fired.

2. Gus names T-Will his D coordinator at Central Florida.

Gus and staff so unfair with Joey Gatewood, may even be racism.

3. Joey Gatewood transfers from Kentucky to play for Gus at Central Florida.

Several of you reached an orgasmic state when Gus was fired, things going to be so much better now without him.

4. Your new coach has three weeks to prepare for Penn State, and the entire nation saw a complete coaching debacle. Adding to the debacle was a sports nation trying to figure out what Harsin was saying in the post game press conference.

I know, the truth hurts but time heals all wounds.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Washington won the Pac12 in 2018

Congrats on beating an unranked Aggies and Bama starting a 1st time starter.  This is some heavy ******* Gus appologist going on 

You’ll feel better after three or four more losses this year. One can get used to anything.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You’ll feel better after three or four more losses this year. One can get used to anything.

You’re throwing in the towel after one loss to a top 10 team on the road. 

But 3 or 4 more losses would be a solid season, right? Just ask your boy. 

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, AUght2win said:

You could take Prime Deion, Prime Ed Reed, Prime Revis, and Prime Sean Taylor and they aren't covering 5 eligible receivers for more than 6 seconds. You don't understand how coverage works. 

I couldn't believe how little pressure was applied on sure passing downs. Early in the game Auburn only rushed three and it never got any better than that. I don't know what Mason's  reason was for bringing pressure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So 4 losses....man that feels familiar doesn't it???  

Are you stupid? Year 1 vs year 9....let's stay with the guy who has consistently been average for some dumbass reason.

Gus hasn't had a meaningful season since 2013. You level of success is dead recruiting, beating a non PAC12 champion. And unranked A&M, and most importantly...all that is important, Bama, who started a QB for the 1st time every and we barely won. Ignore the other constant ass beatings deep into his career at Auburn 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Can sum up your thoughts and disappointment with: the truth hurts doesn’t it?

A couple of us tried to tell you about Alan Greene, you claimed it was everything from racism to ignorance etc.

1. Alan Greene fired, but they are nice enough to keep him on payroll till he can find another job, problem is… nobody else will hire him.

T-Will and Gus didn’t get along to the point where T-Will helped get Gus fired.

2. Gus names T-Will his D coordinator at Central Florida.

Gus and staff so unfair with Joey Gatewood, may even be racism.

3. Joey Gatewood transfers from Kentucky to play for Gus at Central Florida.

Several of you reached an orgasmic state when Gus was fired, things going to be so much better now without him.

4. Your new coach has three weeks to prepare for Penn State, and the entire nation saw a complete coaching debacle. Adding to the debacle was a sports nation trying to figure out what Harsin was saying in the post game press conference.

I know, the truth hurts but time heals all wounds.

All you proved his your love affair with Gus you goof.  None of that has anything to do with me asking how can you be objective after one game. You just outlined being a Gus homer and you aren’t even trying to deny or hide it anymore. 

You also just fell for the hook and line and exposed yourself with our AD. So again, tell me how you can objectively dismiss CBH after one game? Oh You can’t you are just a Gus fanboy. Your man took a major L against Louisville but you are here railing on the Auburn HC for losing in a one possession game to a top ten team. The rivals board is that way. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Your new coach has three weeks to prepare for Penn State, and the entire nation saw a complete coaching debacle.

Please refer to...

2014 UGA

2016 Clemson 

2016 UGA

2017 Clemson 

2017 LSU 

2017 UGA 2.0

2018 MSU 

2018 UTk 

2020 USCe 

These are not the entire list, just the most egregious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

Good lord the attacks on CBH let's put this into perspective shall we.

1. It's a whole new system being implemented.

2. Last I checked Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year at Alabama( not saying CBH is Saban was just saying).

3. We made stops on defense, yeah we didn't get a pass rush but jeez it was one game, everybody should have known this was gonna be a weird year, putting in a new defense and completely different offense. 

4. The boneheaded calls happend( if they would have worked everybody would be jumping for joy right now) but damn it's not enough for me to say we wasted our money. It was one damn game for a total of three games into CBHs first season get a grip. Hell he hasn't even got his players in there and our supposedly weak point being the offense line didn't look to shabby against a top ten team. 

5. Hell some of y'all were bitching the previous years about running our Rbs into the ground and now it sounds like that's what you want CBH to do too, you can't have it both ways🤷 

6. You gotta have patience, patience, patience. It is what is at this point though some of y'all will bitch no matter what. War Eagle y'all.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

2. Last I checked Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year at Alabama( not saying CBH is Saban was just saying).

I wanted to post this for several days but decided screw it. WITH THE EXACT SAME HEADLINE THAT I AM NOT SAYING HE IS SABAN.

People can be disappointed but some of the reactions after losing a game where literally no one but Auburn fans picked us to win needs to be checked. If PSU completely dominated us throughout the game that would be a different story.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Not sure where to put this but I thought it was important enough to share. Our DL has graded out pretty well so far.

671CF7F2-5B87-4F18-91E6-0C6CA9AB8C89.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I wanted to post this for several days but decided screw it. WITH THE EXACT SAME HEADLINE THAT I AM NOT SAYING HE IS SABAN.

People can be disappointed but some of the reactions after losing a game where literally no one but Auburn fans picked us to win needs to be checked. If PSU completely dominated us throughout the game that would be a different story.

Yep exactly what you said. 

• Like 2