Positives seen in yesterday's game

bigbird

On 9/19/2021 at 9:41 AM, cole256 said:

That one drive where we relied on the ground game and we dominated.

Yup. In the 3rd quarter, no less. That was patient and confident. Not sure why there wasn't more of it but at least we know it's there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Other than that it looked like Gus was coaching on the sideline. 

Not when your TE catches 5 passes in a big game, including a critical drive to try to tie game up. That's no where near a Gus coached offense.

I see nothing like Gus on our plays. And the WR pass play at the beginning of the 2nd half, is also a Harsin type of play. We have known that Harsin has specialty plays in his playbook too...

I think we are finding out that we still have an inaccurate passer in Bo, and there in lies our inability to consistently throw the ball when needed. It's not coaching...Bo is better, but still not connecting of splash plays. And that's without a Schwartz to help him this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I see nothing like Gus on our plays.

First play of 2nd half, straight up Gus. Timeout before 4th down, and blown fade to the INSIDE receiver to short side of field, straight up Gus. Other than that, didn't see any Gus thank God.

Positives, I don't recall the defense giving up any big plays, and held them to under 100 yards rushing.

At no point did I feel like AU was out of the game, even after the fumble in the 3rd quarter. In years past that would have been the dagger, IMO. The fight never left the team.

• Like 1

The one thing I saw & liked was sustained drives(!)  I think they'll get more proficient at that throughout the season.  Goober Malfunction never had the patience to sustain drives -- he lived (and more often, died) for an explosive play.  

• Like 2

I’ve avoided this board all the weekend so I wouldn’t have to see the meltdowns. Surprisingly, most are taking it better than I thought. 

im not happy with some of play calls either. However, we took a top 10 team down to the wire on the road so I can’t complain too much. I still think 10-2 or 9-3 is doable. 

• Like 2