Positives seen in yesterday's game

bigbird

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I called my son during the game to tell him I could hear our crowd and band on TV over PSU's for large portions of the game.

It was cool what all they had going on at the stadium (it seemed so from TV) but they're just dillusional to hot-dog all week about themselves. Sounded like a routine SEC game imo.

Positives: Jarquez Hunter; Harsin looked cool; the moment wasn't too big

Edited by jAUSon
  • Like 2

I was impressed with our swag. We came there to win. The stage wasn't to big for our teams. I like when we are the bully instead of being bullied. War Eagle 

11 hours ago, Crouching Tiger said:

If we develop a pass rush and cover better, we can play with anyone on our schedule, If not, 5-7 or 6-6. So many positives, but those negatives sink us.

Play calling also has to improve.

The long TD drive was the most positive thing I saw last night.  The ability to push down the field like that hasn't been solid since Kerryon left for the NFL.

• Like 1

As bad as the gameplan was on Offense, there was a clear methodology from beginning to end. That wasn’t a positive on that day, but IF things get adjusted, you’d think (the dead horse of words for this regimes) consistency should lend itself to success. 
Also, they found ways to run, when they cared to run, against a strong defensive front with as fast DB speed as we’ll see anywhere, maybe even vs UGA. Reverses were not there, but they had sweeps, off tackle handoffs, power formations etc. QB run/wildcat runs seems like they would’ve been there based on the few times Nix kept or scrambled. Just things to build off of 

• Like 2

They played a top 10 team, in their house, in front of a very raucous crowd. That's a big deal. What stood out to me was they were not overwhelmed, were ready to play at that level and showed the moment wasn't too big for them. That's a big improvement. Yes, we made some mistakes that need to be corrected, imo more so with the OC/DC than the players, but they were in this game until the very last play. This team is several notches above the one we ended with last year. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Name one positive that you saw or will take away from the PSU loss.

To me, one of the best things I saw yesterday was the lack of effect that the hostile crowd had on the team.  They weren't intimidated in any way.

This gives me hope for the LSU game. I think we have the better team this year, and I think this game will prepare us for that environment.

• Like 1

Never quit. Moral victory of sorts, but we answered almost every time we needed to outside the 2nd to last drive.

Punter....I think he averaged 49 yds a punt.  

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just things to build off of 

Was about to make a second post.

Maybe bc I'm still in the Harsin Honeymoon phase, but I feel like we are well coached and we're going to get better each week. We'll build week in week out and hopefully make adjustments. 

We'll be competitive with everyone we play, IMO.

• Like 2

My thoughts have been echoed already in this thread. I’d say:

1. RB’s

2. Mental toughness, buttoned up approach from the whole team 

3  OL. Could be better but wasn’t a dumpster fire like last year. If they continue to improve then look out.

Look, Auburn lost a winnable game but these games happen. Especially with a new coach. We need a pass rush and someone in that WR corps to step up and be a playmaker. Do those things and we have a great shot to win in Red Stick.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Name one positive that you saw or will take away from the PSU loss.

To me, one of the best things I saw yesterday was the lack of effect that the hostile crowd had on the team.  They weren't intimidated in any way.

Tank and Hunter. Pretty much it. Damn sure isn't Harsin and his staff. 

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

thanks for leaving the easy one for me:

Our head coach didn't pick his nose on national television again, that is now 3 straight games.

Other than that it looked like Gus was coaching on the sideline. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Fair and Harris played solid games on the d-line

I thought both played really well, also.  Burks had a decent game as well.

One odd thing, Walker only got on the field for 3 snaps.  He's that tweener DE/DT type that you'd think should be pretty good rushing the passer.  I'm surprised we couldn't rotate him in more

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought both played really well, also.  Burks had a decent game as well.

One odd thing, Walker only got on the field for 3 snaps.  He's that tweener DE/DT type that you'd think should be pretty good rushing the passer.  I'm surprised we couldn't rotate him in more

There have been a bunch of positive reports on him, guessing he is having to learn how to rush from the inside with more technique as to just over powering guys.