Positives seen in yesterday's game

bigbird

Name one positive that you saw or will take away from the PSU loss.

To me, one of the best things I saw yesterday was the lack of effect that the hostile crowd had on the team.  They weren't intimidated in any way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I was there & for the largest crowd in PSU history, I wasn’t impressed. Amazing atmosphere, but as far as the loudness…wasn’t anything new. JH with 87K matches it. 

Where were you sitting?

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

6089CFF1-6202-4135-9373-745681D380D9.jpeg

We were in the upper deck and outside of one drive in the 4th I agree it wasn't as loud as I expected, but I didn't know if that was based on our location. You had a much better perspective. I thought their student section was incredible. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

#1.  RB, TE and ST's play.  I thought they played really well.  I also thought the OL and Nix played better than I expected.  The WR's and the defense are concerning.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Old regime after the turnover to start the 3rd would have led to a blow out. This team marched right down the field the next opportunity and scored

• Like 6

Intensity on D after losing LBs.

RBs looked great 

Shenker looked great.

no fighting on the sidelines amongst teammates . 

a lot to build on 

• Like 2

If we develop a pass rush and cover better, we can play with anyone on our schedule, If not, 5-7 or 6-6. So many positives, but those negatives sink us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

To me, one of the best things I saw yesterday was the lack of effect that the hostile crowd had on the team.  They weren't intimidated in any way.

Exactly my thought. Just 1 false start I believe. 

Ok few thoughts since I've had time to sleep on it. 

1. This was Harsins first real big test at a power 5 school and never coached in a game like this, while we didn't win he showed me that he will have what it takes later on down the road. Bobo on the other hand will not, I still think my prediction will be right and he won't be here next year just a gut feeling.

2. Bo is slightly better then the last two years on the road, he still has a lot of work to do and hopefully work on his mechanics a little bit more, will he be benched probably not because as of right now he is the best we got. 

3 That defensive playcalling disappointed me last night, can't understand why we stayed in zone for as long as we did? hardly no blitzing that made no sense to me, hopefully Harsin and Mason can fix that because that was not fun at all to watch.

4. The offense still has a lot of work to do, however our offensive line is not as bad as I thought it was gonna be during Penn State atleast, I just wish we would have given it to Tank and Hunter more they were hungry. It is what it is now though.

5. Harsin please stop reading off a script, I don't want another Malzahn type coach when it comes to a loss, just own it and move on and admit that the playcalling wasn't the best and say you are gonna fix it.

6. Those Refs man what a s*** show that was, they need to be fired and asked never to return. Both sides got some really crappy calls. Still can't figure out that intentional grounding call for Penn State or the targeting call against us, what was Zacoby supposed to do just stand in front of him? 

7. All in all- I see improvement all around this team but I also see lack of improvement in some areas, We got some work to do but by no means am I not damn proud of these guys, they left blood sweat and tears on that field.

• Like 1

We were in the game against a really good football team until the very end. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I called my son during the game to tell him I could hear our crowd and band on TV over PSU's for large portions of the game.

• Like 1

Loved the matchup. Also playing in Happy Valley. Great Crowd, passion.. what College Football is all about.

My Site name here says it all. Tightends are and have been for all Football eternity, the most underused

position by 90% of the Programs out there.  UGA example has two FREAK Tightends, One is injured.  Find them, recruit them.

Not a fan of 4 Wide sets. Bunch Sets, mix WRs and TEs in different spots.. get creative (Al Borges, Gulf Coast).

When Aubie goes 4 wide, end pressure is too disrupting. 

Offesnses can do everything and then some from two TE sets. Again the TE postion does not always have to be a TE... 

Not sure why the "jump ball " passes, please more intermediate routes. 

So.. Now we know what we have. Lets correct the mistakes. There are 3 ex Head Coaches on this staff, they can get it done.

I LOVED the FIGHT in the DOG. No Quit like in years recently past.

Last... I think PENN STATE is in the spot that Coach Harsin is wanting to get to. James Franklin, with the addition of the new OC,

has a Power Offense, with Great TEs and Sick WRs.  Defense is solid through all 11 spots. That's where are headed!! WDE

• Like 2

A few things I'm happy with, but I gotta agree with Bird on the crowd. We were really prepared and seemed totally unfazed for the most part. Fowler even commented on how impressed he was at our operation in that regard. Communication pre-snap seemed good and we were getting snaps off timely for the most part. That is one indicator to me that this staff can prepare this team really well. They just need to do better with the in-game coaching

• Like 3