Bo Nix predictions....

W.E.D

First road game, hostile environment, new coaching staff...can his improvements carry forward???

I'm going 63% comp. 225ydd. 1TD.

Enough to improve over his awful past performances. Enough to win the game for us, and his development continues forward. 

I think we rely a good bit on the run game while having enough success through the air to not shoot ourselves in the foot. He doesn’t play a perfect game but does show he’s made great strides forward as both a player and a leader. Throws a pick, throws a td, and runs 2 tds in himself. We come out with a W with solid momentum heading forward. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

First road game, hostile environment, new coaching staff...can his improvements carry forward???

Enough to improve over his awful past performances. Enough to win the game for us, and his development continues forward. 

Yes, we need that to continue for the confidence of the team as well as the QB. The OL needs to have an aggressive solid game. They need to pick up those blitzes PSU uses which are very similar to Georgia.

• Like 1

I think/hope/believe….

Our coaching staff will put him in a better position than what has taken place the last few years.   I believe they’ll use Bo, along with our backs, and a WR once or twice in the running game to try and keep the defense honest.    Then, they’ll use checkdowns, and routes to TEs and WRs to avoid putting Bo in horrible situations.   He may make some bad decisions because of the excellent coverage and more pass rush than he’s experienced so far, but I don’t expect the total meltdowns we’ve seen a few times the past 2 years.   

• Like 2

We don't need Bo to play out of his mind and be the hero tonight. In fact, we need him to try to suppress his instincts of being the hero. He has weapons around him with good coaching. There is no reason he needs to try and take over the game. Get guys lined up, make the right reads, use your check downs. Play within the system and manage the game while leaning on Tank and Jarquez. When something bad happens, don't melt down and point fingers. Keep your cool and move on to the next play. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Yes, we need that to continue for the confidence of the team as well as the QB. The OL needs to have an aggressive solid game. They need to pick up those blitzes PSU uses which are very similar to Georgia.

Should throw the ball to the area the blitzes are coming from.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

We don't need Bo to play out of his mind and be the hero tonight. In fact, we need him to try to suppress his instincts of being the hero. He has weapons around him with good coaching. There is no reason he needs to try and take over the game. Get guys lined up, make the right reads, use your check downs. Play within the system and manage the game while leaning on Tank and Jarquez. When something bad happens, don't melt down and point fingers. Keep your cool and move on to the next play. 

This!!

My BOLD! prediction...

50-350 yards passing

5-75 yards rushing

0-5 TDs responsible for

0-3 INTs thrown (if he gets to 3, Finley will be taking snaps in short order...and only 3 if one of them was deflected and not really on Bo)

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He has played okay, but he is just jog the talent I thought he might be. Big stage on the road and he just can’t pull out a decisive win. At best I see us  going 8-4. As bad as LSU may be, until we win there, why think otherwise. We won’t beat Bama, UGA and possibly Ole Miss. after three years, I feel confident in my comments. I love AU, but that’s a moot point now. As normal, I always hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

Thought Bo played like a warrior.  CHB needs to erase all the CGM tapes he has stored and watch some modern offenses outflank good defenses on third and short.

21-37 185. Should have been intercepted 2 times possibly 3. Missed bad on a lot of throws that  the receiver bailed him out. Not saying we have world class receivers but my god give them a chance to catch the ball. 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

4th and goal, throwing a fade when you have Tank and Hunter does not fall on Bo. 

Kinda does. He could have thrown to a different receiver. They tan routes also.

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

21-37 185. Should have been intercepted 2 times possibly 3. Missed bad on a lot of throws that  the receiver bailed him out. Not saying we have world class receivers but my god give them a chance to catch the ball. 

OMG.  No drops right???

As we saw the first two games, he’s good against lesser talent when our receivers are wide open and he has ample time to throw. He has his deficiencies, so I don’t understand why Bobo is calling plays that exploits them.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

OMG.  No drops right???

OMG accurate passes right?  Did you bot watch the game? He had maybe 8-9 passes that were on point. Listen, I love Bo's warrior mentality and his want to but .. I will leave it at that. 

I’m proud of Bo.  Stayed in the pocket unless he absolutely had to leave.  Zeek couldn’t have said it any better:

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

QB - Bo completed 57% with a decent amount of drops and a few throw aways. If I told you he threw for 185 and no turnovers you'd think it's a win. He ran for an additional 19 and one critical conversion. Had one pass that should have been intercepted and one way off after tweaking his shoulder that stood out to me. Otherwise I feel like he did enough on his end to put us in a spot to win.

• Like 1