“Show up, give a s*** and repeat.”

SRBautigerfan

Just now, fredst said:

Good comeback. Actually a BS with “Highest Honor” in Biology and an MBA. Punk, lol

You amaze me.  All that and a billion posts on a chat board.  I've still got waaaaay more invested.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, looney said:

Fair.

But.

Is it fair to say it was a bad play call if the only thing keeping it from working was a fluke self-inflicted drop?

I think so for one reason.  The percentage chance that something bad can happen with that play call is high compared to other calls.  The ball is being transferred between multiple players and a rush is coming.  Calling that play on the 50 is risky, but not nearly the risk that you take when it is called that close to your own end zone.

The risk of turning the ball over or taking a loss is amplified even more by the fact that the other team is a top 10 team that has been getting into the backfield all night long.

Edited by AU9377

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I think so for one reason.  The percentage chance that something bad can happen with that play call is high compared to other calls.  The ball is being transferred between multiple players and a rush is coming.  Calling that play on the 50 is risky, but not nearly the risk that you take when it is called that close to your own end zone.

Definitely not saying you're wrong.

Only reason it's an interesting conversation is that... Damn... It was so tantalizingly close to swinging the game pendulum the other direction.

Edited by looney

5 minutes ago, looney said:

Definitely not saying you're wrong.

Only reason it's an interesting conversation is that... Damn... It was so tantalizingly close to swinging the game pendulum the other direction.

You aren't wrong about that.  High risk does usually come with high reward.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm not offended. Just tired of it. 

I see that now.  When I first read your comment, I had not read the other back and forth posts.  My bad.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

“Pearl clutcher” is almost exclusively used by the feminist left these days. Maybe you can keep your holier-than-thou posting over on the baseball board now that our former football coach doesn’t need you defending his honor any longer. I’m sure that the football players appreciate you protecting them like you are though because “douche” really triggers them, lol. GMAFB

No it isn't. Almost all self-respecting women hate that stuff even if you aren't aware of it.  And stop making it political anyway. That's too easy for you as an excuse.

It had nothing to do with football players. It has everything to do with attitudes towards women actually. But I'm not surprised you don't get it. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I think all of y’all are missing the point anyway.  I thought players did show up, they did give a s***, and they played hard in a very hostile environment.  They didn’t take plays off that I saw.  They came up just short.  Heck, several of our players took their mistakes so hard that there were literal tears.  I’m proud of our players.  Play calling was a bit suspect at times and I’m not sure about this defensive scheme.  We will get there.  Now they just have to adjust a few things and show up again.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The risk of turning the ball over or taking a loss is amplified even more by the fact that the other team is a top 10 team that has been getting into the backfield all night long.

I don't see that play as all that risky. Hudson was a high school QB, he's used to handling the ball.The play should have worked. I do take issue with the 4th and goal pass play at game's end. But, that's a discussion for another thread.

FWIW, the radio broadcast mentioned the motto as "Show up, care and repeat". If Harsin and his players like the version with "sh** in it, it's his team and his players. It's not something I'd put on the wall of my locker room, but it's not my team. Harsin should know what works for his situation

18 hours ago, fredst said:

Ok, lol. I will let my wife and three daughters know that you are their spokesperson now. I’m sure they pegged me as a misogynist long ago, lol

Since I'm not claiming to be their spokesperson.....go ahead and do that if it feeds your ego a little bit. I have no doubt they are aware of your misogynistic tendencies even if you aren't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:29 AM, fredst said:

Bacon in general makes everything better. Benton’s, however, is on a higher plane. That is the best bacon in the history of  bacons. It should be served as a featured entree at fine restaurants 

Down here along the Gulf Coast it's Bill-E's for the win! So rich it is difficult to eat more than one piece. Wright's is my everyday bacon. Don't get me started about Conecuh sausage, the king of sausages! If you haven't had Conecuh, you haven't truly lived yet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CMRVHS said:

Down here along the Gulf Coast it's Bill-E's for the win! So rich it is difficult to eat more than one piece. Wright's is my everyday bacon. Don't get me started about Conecuh sausage, the king of sausages! If you haven't had Conecuh, you haven't truly lived yet...

My grandmother used to wake at 0430-0500 and make me biscuits from scratch and cook Conecuh sausage when I would go visit her and hunt/fish. Back then you had to go to the Conecuh Quick Freeze to actually buy the sausage. She would also send me a pound at Christmas because she knew how much I loved it (and, it was still more than she could afford to buy me but she did it anyway). Now, the stuff is everywhere but I still love it. 
If there is a heaven (and I’m certain there is), she is in it

• Like 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

Don't get me started about Conecuh sausage, the king of sausages! If you haven't had Conecuh, you haven't truly lived yet...

That's my preferred sausage brand.  Spicy is my fav but they're all tasty, imho.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

10 hours ago, fredst said:

My grandmother used to wake at 0430-0500 and make me biscuits from scratch and cook Conecuh sausage when I would go visit her and hunt/fish. Back then you had to go to the Conecuh Quick Freeze to actually buy the sausage. She would also send me a pound at Christmas because she knew how much I loved it (and, it was still more than she could afford to buy me but she did it anyway). Now, the stuff is everywhere but I still love it. 
If there is a heaven (and I’m certain there is), she is in it

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

That's my preferred sausage brand.  Spicy is my fav but they're all tasty, imho.

Conecuh is one of the very, very few things in the world where I will look literally any person in the eye and without hesitation tell them "Mine's better than yours". Not "My Conecuh is better than your Conecuh", but "Conecuh is better than whatever mass produced sausage knife you're bringing to this gunfight". (I say mass produced because there are some pretty special house-made sausages around the world.)

Furthermore, it's breadth of applications is astounding. Here in the Lowcountry, I have a lot of opportunities to pair it with shrimp and other seafood. My buddy took it to a crawfish boil in southern Mississippi and all the locals were saying, "Gimme some more of that skinny sausage."

Furthermore, you can't go wrong with any of the varieties, as SRB said. Sometimes it's hard to pick.

Furthermore, I know that I could rhapsodize about the challenges of the open flame grilling process and the sheer exhilaration of nailing the perfect char and snap on those bad boys and better than half of this board would know exactly what I was talking about. I could talk about the little fat spurt that happens right before their done and the resultant flame up but y'all already know. @Barnacle and I actually had this conversation one time. Fyi, that boy how to do it right. It was easy to tell from the picture.

Furthermore, it's never better than served diagonally on a piece of plain ass white sandwich bread with plain ass yellow mustard. Although fredst's grandma's biscuits sound pretty amazing. 

Step 1 of showing up, giving a s***, and repeating? Show up with Conecuh.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Conecuh is one of the very, very few things in the world where I will look literally any person in the eye and without hesitation tell them "Mine's better than yours". Not "My Conecuh is better than your Conecuh", but "Conecuh is better than whatever mass produced sausage knife you're bringing to this gunfight". (I say mass produced because there are some pretty special house-made sausages around the world.)

Furthermore, it's breadth of applications is astounding. Here in the Lowcountry, I have a lot of opportunities to pair it with shrimp and other seafood. My buddy took it to a crawfish boil in southern Mississippi and all the locals were saying, "Gimme some more of that skinny sausage."

Furthermore, you can't go wrong with any of the varieties, as SRB said. Sometimes it's hard to pick.

Furthermore, I know that I could rhapsodize about the challenges of the open flame grilling process and the sheer exhilaration of nailing the perfect char and snap on those bad boys and better than half of this board would know exactly what I was talking about. I could talk about the little fat spurt that happens right before their done and the resultant flame up but y'all already know. @Barnacle and I actually had this conversation one time. Fyi, that boy how to do it right. It was easy to tell from the picture.

Furthermore, it's never better than served diagonally on a piece of plain ass white sandwich bread with plain ass yellow mustard. Although fredst's grandma's biscuits sound pretty amazing. 

Step 1 of showing up, giving a s***, and repeating? Show up with Conecuh.

Yes, Conecuh, yes!

Have you ever had Richard's? I don't know if it qualifies as mass produced, but it's good, too, but of course I can find all sorts of amazing smoked sausages in Louisiana. BTW, with all of their own "unique" word it's funny hearing people here try to pronounce Conecuh. 😄 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@McLoofus you called? 

But seriously, if you really want to impress your friends, the dipping sauce is the secret. Honey and sriracha. Pairs better with Conecuh than chocolate and peanut butter. It is a revelation.

IMG_20200319_192124.thumb.jpg.51546f31388e74834db8f0e5bc31f3d2.jpg

This looks dang good. Too bad I am a vegetarian . I don't know about that dipping sauce though.

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@McLoofus you called? 

But seriously, if you really want to impress your friends, the dipping sauce is the secret. Honey and sriracha. Pairs better with Conecuh than chocolate and peanut butter. It is a revelation.

IMG_20200319_192124.thumb.jpg.51546f31388e74834db8f0e5bc31f3d2.jpg

Told y'all

Lordy that is heaven on a plate.

Barn, I just noticed that the sriracha and honey don't seem to be combined. Is that accurate? If so, I like that concept. Kind of tailor each dip to your personal needs- more sweet or more spicy or right down the middle.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yes, Conecuh, yes!

Have you ever had Richard's? I don't know if it qualifies as mass produced, but it's good, too, but of course I can find all sorts of amazing smoked sausages in Louisiana. BTW, with all of their own "unique" word it's funny hearing people here try to pronounce Conecuh. 😄 

I can imagine.

I don't believe I've had Richard's, but if it's from Louisiana, then it'll put up as good a challenge as any. Louisiana and Texas are always the states that give me pause in meat-based conversations. @Tiger Refuge turned me on to Best Stop in Scott for ordering Cajun food for delivery. Their jalapeno cheddar smoked sausages are insane, as are their smoked boudin and stuffed deboned chickens. And some other stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Told y'all

Lordy that is heaven on a plate.

Barn, I just noticed that the sriracha and honey don't seem to be combined. Is that accurate? If so, I like that concept. Kind of tailor each dip to your personal needs- more sweet or more spicy or right down the middle.

So, that's actually a good idea that I hadn't considered before, not to combine. But, I always combine before dipping. 

By the way, I don't know how this conversation turned into a Conecuh geek out, but I'm here for it. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can imagine.

I don't believe I've had Richard's, but if it's from Louisiana, then it'll put up as good a challenge as any. Louisiana and Texas are always the states that give me pause in meat-based conversations. @Tiger Refuge turned me on to Best Stop in Scott for ordering Cajun food for delivery. Their jalapeno cheddar smoked sausages are insane, as are their smoked boudin and stuffed deboned chickens. And some other stuff. 

Richard's, yeah, I guess it would qualify as mass produced even available in Cali. 

The food in the tiniest of hole-in-the-wall mom and pop places is the best, everywhere. The cajun meat shops have just took it to another level with their shipping. For example, you can look up meat markets in Ville Platte and for such a tiny, tiny community the number of shops there can survive by shipping out their incredible products.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Richard's, yeah, I guess it would qualify as mass produced even available in Cali. 

The food in the tiniest of hole-in-the-wall mom and pop places is the best, everywhere. The cajun meat shops have just took it to another level with their shipping. For example, you can look up meat markets in Ville Platte and for such a tiny, tiny community the number of shops there can survive by shipping out their incredible products.

Best damn boudin I've ever had is from T-Boys in Ville Platte.  I never leave LA without loading up a cooler and hauling it back to Alabama.  

• Like 4