What Penn State's James Franklin said before facing Auburn

aubiefifty

That’s a 37 minute video!!!😱

In the words of the great Theologian Sweet Brown, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!!!”

If anyone has a couple of sound bites from the video it would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's telling that Franklin calls out Jarquez as a player that stood out to him - shows how little tape is out there of what we are under Harsin/Bobo/etc.  Either that, or he was just really unprepared for the press conference.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I think it's telling that Franklin calls out Jarquez as a player that stood out to him - shows how little tape is out there of what we are under Harsin/Bobo/etc.  Either that, or he was just really unprepared for the press conference.

Jarquez does kind of pop out, though. It's surprising, but true. 

So, instead of just speaking up front, off the cuff, as a coach, Franklin reads a bunch of cue cards (who knows who wrote those notes) which is really just coach-speak blabber-blabber.  Honestly, I didn't go any further than his opening remarks, because ..... 37 minutes? Nope.

Were there any comments by Franklin beyond those opening cue cards? Waiting for aubiefifty to do a little bit of effort before he reposts stuff he grabs from the intertubes (which he never does in his hundreds of reposts) in order to provide the salient, relevant, useful parts. Oh well, not holding my breath.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 6

2 hours ago, AURex said:

So, instead of just speaking up front, off the cuff, as a coach, Franklin reads a bunch of cue cards (who knows who wrote those notes) which is really just coach-speak blabber-blabber.  Honestly, I didn't go any further than his opening remarks, because ..... 37 minutes? Nope.

Were there any comments by Franklin beyond those opening cue cards? Waiting for aubiefifty to do a little bit of effort before he reposts stuff he grabs from the intertubes (which he never does in his hundreds of reposts) in order to provide the salient, relevant, useful parts. Oh well, not holding my breath.

That was my impression also.  Geez, at least look up occasionally to make eye contact. Surprising for a head coach making the money he is.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

WTF?  Your expectations are way wrong, @aubiefiftyhas never advertised himself to be that guy.  He has always been incredibly authentic about who he is and what he does.  Good greif, you've got him confused with P Marsh and/or some other site....

thank you power. if i did not post some of the negative stuff the negative people would bitch about not having anything to bitch about. i would say no one loves auburn on this board more than i do. if i had the money i would never miss a single game of football or baseball. i have meant to quit posting articles many times but i look at the hundreds of viewers that do read what i repost and i always feel better.

• Like 6

and if i may add folks i am not an analyst and that is why i just post articles. i am not opening that can of worms so i can be attacked if i make a guess about something and i am wrong. that is you guys job. read it or not and give your opinion. what interests me might not interest you guys. and for the record i cannot stand franklin. i detest him and the way he treats players sometimes but i put that aside so you guys can maybe enjoy what he says. see how that works?

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

That's a strange opinion. Quez had a great game & should have been in consideration for SEC Freshman of the week. He deserved the nod from CJF.

• Like 2

What Penn State's James Franklin said before facing Auburn

That was the title of the mans post. Not how Franklin read from cue cards or did not make eye contact or how long the speech was he was just simply sharing a press conference.  Hell the title in know way implies that he even was going talk  about Auburn, just what he said before FACING Auburn. Hell people would complain that it took an hour just to watch a show called 60 minutes.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

what did franklins title on his video say? it said what james franklin said before the auburn game. that should explain it to even a dumbass like you. teell you what sugar you got a problem with my posts go tell the mods or admins and if they ask me to stop your problem is solved. also you selfish prick you have an ignore button since you want make those that do enjoy pay for you crooked attempts to make me look bad. do you understand? also YOU do better and post articles and i will happily quit. oh wait.........you do not love auburn and auburn fans that much? gotcha!

Sugar 😂 made my day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcware said:

Sugar 😂 made my day

when i bring out sugar i am a tad mad. and it is mostly harmless.

Edited by aubiefifty
typo
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's a strange opinion. Quez had a great game & should have been in consideration for SEC Freshman of the week. He deserved the nod from CJF.

I could be wrong but it just seemed odd to me that he talked about “players that stood out” and mentions essentially our third stringer.  Don’t get me wrong, I think Jarquez’s future is beyond bright but that wasn’t my point.  IMO Franklin came across as someone who knew very little about us. Either that or just total Coach speak / get this presser over with it type of approach.

Contrast that to someone like a Saban and his staff.  He would have watched every play for the last 4 years. Not only Auburn but Colorado State, Boise, etc.

More examples, he talked about WRs and didn’t mention anything about DRob.  Talks about DL and nothing about TD, Burks, etc.

My observation only, but Franklin seemed relatively clueless about who we are and what we do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

my nic for for hunter is the beast............

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

thank you power. if i did not post some of the negative stuff the negative people would bitch about not having anything to bitch about. i would say no one loves auburn on this board more than i do. if i had the money i would never miss a single game of football or baseball. i have meant to quit posting articles many times but i look at the hundreds of viewers that do read what i repost and i always feel better.

Some folks expect you to read ALL the newspapers and web sites, watch all the sports shows, fix breakfast, AND spoon feed them while they lay in bed. And it's STILL not enough. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Damn chief, maybe try self-medicating

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

Some folks expect you to read ALL the newspapers and web sites, watch all the sports shows, fix breakfast, AND spoon feed them while they lay in bed. And it's STILL not enough. 

i think someone was having a bad day and i came into the room tap dancing. maybe not but i hope so. i am on here to have fun and i like to try and give something back. my football IQ is mediocre at best so i post articles to give back. but i made a ton of haters on the politics board.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think someone was having a bad day and i came into the room tap dancing. maybe not but i hope so. i am on here to have fun and i like to try and give something back. my football IQ is mediocre at best so i post articles to give back. but i made a ton of haters on the politics board.

Very, very much appreciate what you do. One example of your value. Your work here reduces the number of clicks certain sites DON'T deserve due their crappy reporting, slant, opinions, and the general way they derisively and negatively cover Auburn athletics. al.com being the prime example. Why go there, when you post their stuff here? Thank you.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

. if i did not post some of the negative stuff the negative people would bitch about not having anything to bitch about

Now that's just funny and true right there. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s a 37 minute video!!!😱

In the words of the great Theologian Sweet Brown, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!!!”

If anyone has a couple of sound bites from the video it would be greatly appreciated.  

Specifics to Auburn around the 1:50 mark in a prepared statement. He has a lot of respect for everyone and “Auburn is a really cool place”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

and if i may add folks i am not an analyst and that is why i just post articles. i am not opening that can of worms so i can be attacked if i make a guess about something and i am wrong. that is you guys job. read it or not and give your opinion. what interests me might not interest you guys. and for the record i cannot stand franklin. i detest him and the way he treats players sometimes but i put that aside so you guys can maybe enjoy what he says. see how that works?

Thx for the posts Fifty!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Specifics to Auburn around the 1:50 mark in a prepared statement. He has a lot of respect for everyone and “Auburn is a really cool place”.

Thank you!!!

My condolences to anyone who spent 37 minutes to gain that little insight.   🙏

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Thank you!!!

My condolences to anyone who spent 37 minutes to gain that little insight.   🙏

It’s OK, we obviously have plenty of time (we read your post).

• Haha 1