Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

51 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

In our division alone, we have @OSU, Michigan, @MSU.   And @Maryland is 2-0 and just beat WVU with a Tagovailoa as their QB.  Our crossover games this year are @Wisconsin and @Iowa.  With hosting Auburn OOC thrown on top for good measure.  

Thats not throwing any shade whatsoever at Auburns schedule, its a murderers row for sure and probably tougher than ours.   But its not like PSU's schedule isn't rough too.  

I'm sorry, but that isn't on the same level as Auburn. Our two biggest rivals have both been ranked in the top 10 in the final AP poll in each of the last four years. Our third biggest rival won the national championship two years ago. And that's not even considering TAMU, whose head coach has won it all (against us, unfortunately), or the Mississippi schools and Arkansas (who just annihilated Texas), all of whom we play every year.

Penn State doesn't have a cakewalk, but it's not the SEC West.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Don't disagree Auburn's schedule is tougher.  Ours isn't a cakewalk by any means.  Based on current rankings. 

Already played @ #18

Still to go:

@#5

@#9

So 5 currently ranked teams on our schedule, 2 top 10 teams.  And that doesn't include MSU and Maryland (both high in recieving votes and moving up), or Indiana (who was #16 a start of season and is still recieving votes but moving down, lol).  I think at years end we'll have faced 5 to 7 teams ranked in the final AP, probably 2 top 10 teams.   

Don't want you to feel bad for us, I'm well aware of your schedule and not trying to say ours is tougher.  Point is its not like its a creampuff schedule with 1 or 2 big games.    We saw you as our 4th most difiult game coming into the season, just the 3 ahead of you were on the road.  

@PSUPat Question for you. Obviously we all wish for zero injuries. But if injuries became a factor, who are the top 3 PSU players you can least afford to lose and why? Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen. 

27 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

Don't disagree Auburn's schedule is tougher.  Ours isn't a cakewalk by any means.  Based on current rankings. 

Already played @ #18

Still to go:

@#5

@#9

So 5 currently ranked teams on our schedule, 2 top 10 teams.  And that doesn't include MSU and Maryland (both high in recieving votes and moving up), or Indiana (who was #16 a start of season and is still recieving votes but moving down, lol).  I think at years end we'll have faced 5 to 7 teams ranked in the final AP, probably 2 top 10 teams.   

Don't want you to feel bad for us, I'm well aware of your schedule and not trying to say ours is tougher.  Point is its not like its a creampuff schedule with 1 or 2 big games.    We saw you as our 4th most difiult game coming into the season, just the 3 ahead of you were on the road.  

But that's still pretty close to preseason rankings. It's usually more telling by where those teams finish than where they are ranked early in the season. 

Also, it bears noting that we play #1, #2, @#7, @#10, #17, and @#20, as of right now's rankings, as well as LSU, who had 3 less points than Indiana in the "also receiving votes" category. But we will see how things play out. I mean, in 2019, we played against 5 teams in the regular season that finished in the top 10 (LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida, and Oregon).

Auburn consistently plays one of the ten toughest schedules in the country because of who our rivals are and the fact that we don't shy away from big name OOC competition.

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

@PSUPat Question for you. Obviously we all wish for zero injuries. But if injuries became a factor, who are the top 3 PSU players you can least afford to lose and why? Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen. 

I’ll jump in and give my 2 cents for this. 

1. QB - Clifford, although he’s struggled at times and people aren’t always high on him our backup has zero experience.

2. Will LB - Brandon Smith - our LB depth isn’t great but he’s the one I’d least want to see go out. He’s a game changer 

3. WR - Jahan Dotson - he’s a potential AA and is a difference maker on offense. You guys are gonna need to know where he’s at at all times.

Really looking forward to this game 

Here’s a preview of what Dotson is capable of.

https://youtu.be/9GGRot8SmoM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

I’ll jump in and give my 2 cents for this. 

1. QB - Clifford, although he’s struggled at times and people aren’t always high on him our backup has zero experience.

2. Will LB - Brandon Smith - our LB depth isn’t great but he’s the one I’d least want to see go out. He’s a game changer 

3. WR - Jahan Dotson - he’s a potential AA and is a difference maker on offense. You guys are gonna need to know where he’s at at all times.

Really looking forward to this game 

https://youtu.be/9GGRot8SmoM

Dotson is impressive. Thanks for sharing the video. 

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

If ya'll were smart, you'd play your backup.  Backup QBs are Auburn's kryptonite. #donttellfranklin

My biggest fear is we knock Clifford from the game

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

But that's still pretty close to preseason rankings. It's usually more telling by where those teams finish than where they are ranked early in the season. 

Auburn consistently plays one of the ten toughest schedules in the country because of who our rivals are and the fact that we don't shy away from big name OOC competition.

On the 1st paragraph, agree.   I expect at seasons end we'll have played 5-7 ranked teams, 1-2 top 10 teams.  

Yes, Auburn plays a very tough schedule.  A short few years back there was lots of talking head debates over the toughest division, between our 2 divisions.  In recent years MSU has fallen over completely and Michigan and PSU have failed to be superpowers.  But put OSU, Michigan, PSU, MSU In the same division and round them out with occasionally respectable Indiana and Maryland (plus Rutgers, lol).  Thats right up there with the SEC west as far as brands.   

Alabama > OSU

Michigan > LSU

PSU = Auburn

A&M > MSU

Then Miss, Miss St, Arkansas vs Indiana, Maryland on the same level.   We respectfully apologize for Rutgers, but hey, they'd whip Vandy at the moment.  

And the B1G has done us the favor of making Iowa and Wisconsin, both on the road, our crossovers.  Smh.   OOC, well, we play you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

Thanks for the insight. Dotson looks like an incredible athlete. 

Just don’t miss him or this might happen…..

Or this….

Or even this….

Edited by Gowebb11

2 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

On the 1st paragraph, agree.   I expect at seasons end we'll have played 5-7 ranked teams, 1-2 top 10 teams.  

Yes, Auburn plays a very tough schedule.  A short few years back there was lots of talking head debates over the toughest division, between our 2 divisions.  In recent years MSU has fallen over completely and Michigan and PSU have failed to be superpowers.  But put OSU, Michigan, PSU, MSU In the same division and round them out with occasionally respectable Indiana and Maryland (plus Rutgers, lol).  Thats right up there with the SEC west as far as brands.   

Alabama > OSU

Michigan > LSU

PSU = Auburn

A&M > MSU

Then Miss, Miss St, Arkansas vs Indiana, Maryland on the same level.   We respectfully apologize for Rutgers, but hey, they'd whip Vandy at the moment.  

And the B1G has done us the favor of making Iowa and Wisconsin, both on the road, our crossovers.  Smh.   OOC, well, we play you!

Historically, I'll give you Michigan over LSU, but over the last 20 years that one isn't even close.

13 minutes ago, The Freak said:

If ya'll were smart, you'd play your backup.  Backup QBs are Auburn's kryptonite. #donttellfranklin

It's quite honestly nuts how often it's happened. 

Georgia whipped our asses last year with a human cowboy hat. 

The one guy to break the curse was *ruffles papers* a first round draft pick and current QB1 for the New England Patriots. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Historically, I'll give you Michigan over LSU, but over the last 20 years that one isn't even close.

I was talking about THIS year, and you're right, from what we know so far, it isn't close.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSUPat said:

Alabama > OSU

Michigan > LSU

PSU = Auburn

A&M > MSU

One quibble.  History, even recently, suggests overall that MSU > A&M by a pretty wide margin.

Last year is an exception, not the rule.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's quite honestly nuts how often it's happened. 

Georgia whipped our asses last year with a human cowboy hat. 

The one guy to break the curse was *ruffles papers* a first round draft pick and current QB1 for the New England Patriots. 

Hell, even then we need a missed FG and a penalty to seal the game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

Post of the day.  Your backup would have a career day. 3rd and 14?  No problem.  Uncanny.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PSUPat said:

I was talking about THIS year, and you're right, from what we know so far, it isn't close.  

Oh, if we're strictly talking this year, then yeah, absolutely. Baton Rouge has been a dumpster fire since Joe Brady took his NFL offense back to the NFL.

23 hours ago, abw0004 said:

6293FDFA-C3E3-4774-9E5C-E2FED8138F78.jpeg

To be fair, he didn't exactly have to deal with the pressure of being on the playing field during the Whiteout, while he had to face his stiffest challenge defensively all season to go with the noise.

Don't get me wrong, we're second to none, but I would imagine Happy Valley is an impressive venue, as well.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Come on now, Flash, it's not just another game. It's the first real test (on the field, that is) of Harsin's career at Auburn.

But no, the atmosphere will not be particularly new to any Tiger who has been around since 2019.