Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

11 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

Big time football IS played in the South, but it's played elsewhere too.  That's all I'm saying. 

What's funny is our record against big time OoC opponents from other parts of the country going back at least to 2003 is pretty bad.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, PSUPat said:

Was as a broadcaster for Fox.  It's been echoed by other media types too, such as Herbstreit.  

That said, I am in no way disparaging other venues or their atmospheres and I'm quite sure other coaches/ex coaches/media say nice things about them too.  I've been to a lot of stadiums, and a lot of Penn State games, and it's hard to compare because any stadium is so different based on time of day, level of opponent, how good the game turns out to be.  I mean, a noon game against Little Sisters of the Poor isn't going to compare to a closely fought night game against a national power.  Anywhere you go. 

The atmosphere at PSU when rocking is right up there in the same category as Baton Rouge and the Swamp at their best.  Big time football IS played in the South, but it's played elsewhere too.  That's all I'm saying.      

I'll be there, and I'm fully expecting it to be one of the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed, assuming it ends up being a tight game. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure you picked that up by the south has the most attractive women argument when it's subjective to what people consider attractive and that's a subjective argument based on a subjective target......

As a participant in that conversation... you're absolutely right. Guilty. Thanks for calling it out. 

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I was at the 17 UGA game when we destroyed them, 09 WV rain game and 2009 Iron Bowl. I think this game at PSU will be by far one of the best atmosphere's I've been in. Seeing the last white out vs. Michigan got me wanting to make the trip.

I was at that game..it was the loudest white out game I have ever been too.  The thing I do not like about Beaver Stadium is that it is basically an erector set...when the stadium gets rocking the upper levels of the end zones shake and it tends to freak my wife out pretty bad lol.  It really is a cool thing to see, especially when the crowd starts chanting back and forth.  I hope you have a great time and safe travels.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I'll be there, and I'm fully expecting it to be one of the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed, assuming it ends up being a tight game. 

sad-upset.gif

As McLoofus said, Big 10 has had our number for a while, in the more important years/games.  Good coaching. I went to the outback bowl where we were two touchdown favorites over Wisconsin in Barry Alvarez’s last game. Our boys believed the hype and we went out flat as can be. The score was much closer than the actual game. They whipped our butts up and down the field for the full 60 minutes. Little RB seemed to rush for 500.  Lots of looooong runs against an AU defense that hadn’t given up the big play all year. I think he had a legit 200 or thereabouts. Time to win a big game against the Big 10.  Super excited for this game.  Tempted to fly up with a pocketful of cash I shouldn’t spend!

@cole.   You’re right on the beauty conversation, sorry, got carried away.

I’m just so stoked for games where our player-package and misdirection doesn’t tell the D EXACTLY what we are about to attempt.  Such a breath of fresh air. Would love to show the football world that our athletes, combined with top-tier coaching, are world beaters.  Smashmouth AU football with competent coaching. The heart of the boys has always been there.  AU has always been special, AU football has always been special and now we need the wins to prove that we are still very relevant. I’m surprised by my enthusiasm. Been a (relatively) tough year for me and mine (and countless others of course). I’m no fair-weather fan but something about the current situation just has me jazzed. And I don’t want it dampened!!   My brother is FSU and I can see how drained he is. Just deflated. 

3 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

There are some Twitter rumblings that the USC deal is becoming a distraction in Happy Valley. Supposedly students are organizing a protest at the game Saturday. Said they will wear orange and be quiet during the game.

Link?

You're both good guys, better than me. I wasn't calling you out as more as just being sociable to the Penn st dude and not telling him everything in his world is inferior.

Thank both of you for seeing I'm not being hateful or anything toward you though. Like I said you're both better than me

@McLoofus @MaitlandTiger

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's soooooo easy to do it wrong, though, and damn if they don't make you pay if you do.

Man, I'm 3-for-3 there when it comes to having a great time (result of games notwithstanding).

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Man, I'm 3-for-3 there when it comes to having a great time (result of games notwithstanding).

I don't doubt it. Lots of people love game days there just as much as many of us have hated them. 

This is probably where I should add that I went there as a freshman in '93 when we whipped their asses so maybe I was the wrong person at the wrong time. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're both good guys, better than me. I wasn't calling you out as more as just being sociable to the Penn st dude and not telling him everything in his world is inferior.

Thank both of you for seeing I'm not being hateful or anything toward you though. Like I said you're both better than me

@McLoofus @MaitlandTiger

It's always good to be reminded to zoom out and look at a bigger picture, bro. Even those of us that try still fail to a lot of the time.  

And I definitely see tons of beautiful women in every part of the country and every country I've been to. And they're from every walk of life. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't doubt it. Lots of people love game days there just as much as many of us have hated them. 

This is probably where I should add that I went there as a freshman in '93 when we whipped their asses so maybe I was the wrong person at the wrong time. 

Oh that actually explains a lot.  Go back as a full functioning adult.  Find some LSU alumni and party.  Free booze and the best food you'll get all year.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure you picked that up by the south has the most attractive women argument when it's subjective to what people consider attractive and that's a subjective argument based on a subjective target.

This has always been a subject I have pondered being the subjectivity when it comes to attraction and beauty. To one extent, I believe many folks are programmed from an early age as to what beauty is, but on the other side of the coin attraction is a natural thing. It's just an interesting subject.

My Dad always said that back in the old days, a man wanted a woman with more meat on her bones. That was attractive ( he was talking about old olden days). He would say that told a man she could cook and had good birthing hips lol. 

This is still my favorite after all these years. Turn up the volume and just listen to the first 30 seconds: loud, a lull, then…..💥

Still gives me chills….

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is still my favorite after all these years. Turn up the volume and just listen to the first 30 seconds: loud, a lull, then…..💥

Still gives me chills….

Same here, bro. Same here.

As a band geek, former AUMB Tuba, I LOVED going to Baton Rouge. This isn’t in Tiger Stadium but the atmosphere is still amazing. By far my favorite away game atmosphere and I was fortunate enough to go to the Swamp in the mid ‘90s during the height of the Spurrier dominance. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Couole good vids I found on youtubes. I wish I was going. Will be electric. Those of you going be sure to get some B-reel.

Dang that is dope ngl

10 hours ago, PSUPat said:

Was as a broadcaster for Fox.  It's been echoed by other media types too, such as Herbstreit.  

That said, I am in no way disparaging other venues or their atmospheres and I'm quite sure other coaches/ex coaches/media say nice things about them too.  I've been to a lot of stadiums, and a lot of Penn State games, and it's hard to compare because any stadium is so different based on time of day, level of opponent, how good the game turns out to be.  I mean, a noon game against Little Sisters of the Poor isn't going to compare to a closely fought night game against a national power.  Anywhere you go. 

The atmosphere at PSU when rocking is right up there in the same category as Baton Rouge and the Swamp at their best.  Big time football IS played in the South, but it's played elsewhere too.  That's all I'm saying.      

It's going to be a dope ass environment in Beaver Stadium Saturday night. I'm jealous that I can't make it. Don't even waste anymore of your time comparing it to anywhere else bc it's uniquely PSU and that's what makes it great. I'm glad the games will be played on campus, where cfb is meant to be played. 

Lord knows our fans can't color coordinate like you guys, lol. 

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

As a band geek, former AUMB Tuba, I LOVED going to Baton Rouge.

For the band geek....

For everyone else, jump to 10:50.   You're welcome.  

Archived