Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

12 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

PSU is 46-16 over the past 5 seasons, Auburn is 41-23 over the same time period and played in three NY6 bowl games. 

You know, most everyone here has been very realistic about Auburn’s chances at PSU.

Then you show up and attempt to dismiss us.

Good luck next weekend.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You know, most everyone here has been very realistic about Auburn’s chances at PSU. Then you show up and attempt to dismiss us.

Good luck next weekend.

No I kind of go with “facts”

It may have been sloppy, but they came back from Wisconsin with a W.  We can't dismiss that win - it's a lot more meaningful than either of ours.  It's going to be tough to beat them at home.  Some of their fans seem a bit overconfident, but I'm sure the same would be true of us if the tables were turned.

IMO this game will tell us if we've already taken a step forward under Harsin or not.  Gus would lose this game 9 times out of 10 - he just couldn't adjust or get the team focused for real away games or in bowls - and that's what they're expecting to see.  That's the Auburn they think they're playing Saturday.  Frankly I don't blame them for thinking they'll absolutely win.

But as it stands right now, we're completely untested under this coaching staff and it is clear that a lot has changed.  Only a fool would confidently expect a win (or loss). There are far too many unknowns.

Anyway, PSU is no UGA or UAT, but I'm still excited for this game.  It will tell us a lot about what to expect going forward. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Yeah facts? Records etc? Quit sleepwalking 

Just curious what PS’s strength of schedule over those years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No disrespect. I just didn't catch your "introduction" to the forum and I started wondering if we just had an exceedingly pessimistic AU fan or a troll or something. I appreciate the positive and polite discourse. I would say "Good luck", but I really, really, really want us to win! 😁

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

No disrespect. I just didn't catch your "introduction" to the forum and I started wondering if we just had an exceedingly pessimistic AU fan or a troll or something. I appreciate the positive and polite discourse. I would say "Good luck", but I really, really, really want us to win! 😁

Why would I hate Auburn? No reason, I just answer the questions that need to be answered about my team. I lived in Huntsville for almost Two years, great people, Tennessee fans sucked. 

• Like 2

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

The whole WhiteOut is louder than a crucial Iron Bowl play cracks me up. 

Even Saban wakes up in cold sweats remembering a rowdy Jordan-Hare.

Yeah, that was easily the most ridiculous comment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

The whole WhiteOut is louder than a crucial Iron Bowl play cracks me up. 

Even Saban wakes up in cold sweats remembering a rowdy Jordan-Hare.

Sorry, I should know this, but do we have a home and home with them?

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yes.  They come to Auburn next year

I hope it's a night game and we do zero gimmicks, because it's the 4th or 5th most important game of the season. And they see how loud it still is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caldavis said:

PSU is 46-16 over the past 5 seasons, Auburn is 41-23 over the same time period and played in three NY6 bowl games. 

We dealt with that issue and replaced him with a 48-13 coach and gave him infinitely more talent.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We dealt with that issue and replaced him with a 48-13 coach and gave him infinitely more talent.

A guy from Idaho? Who has the #1 recruiting class in the country? Yep 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'll do you one better:

Since the start of the 2006 season, we have played the eventual national champs in all but 4 years:

2008 - Florida

2010 - Well, we can't play ourselves

2014 - OSU

2018 - Clemson

But please, I love when people tell me how tough their schedule is in comparison.

Alabama > OSU 

PSU > ATM

you would fall to about Purdue 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I hope it's a night game and we do zero gimmicks, because it's the 4th or 5th most important game of the season. And they see how loud it still is. 

There’s no “gimmicks” in a white out, it is what it is.