Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

I mean of course it’s loud, but it’s not like we don’t play in extremely hostile environments and big games every single year. If we lose it’s not because of any goofy clothing choices those people  are making. That crap dies down fast if they get hit in the face right off. 

• Like 4

I get tired of hearing about White outs, and early games, late games, alternate uniforms, crowd noise, cowbells, ESPN gameday, etc…Yes, they can and do play a role. Show up and knock them in the teeth early and often and win. Or show up and play poorly and scared and lose. 
     I believe we have the better offense,  equal defense, and better kicker. Those are positives. We are 1-3 in our last 4 games against the Big 10 and that’s a negative. Who has the better coaching staff? We are about to find out.

I predict a 27-17 victory. WDE 🦅 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, USATiger said:

They are 8-8 when having white out's.

Nice point. Where did you find that?

PSU is #10, with a signature win, playing at home for a whiteout, which apparently they think is a big deal, against a team that started the season unranked, with a brand new coach, who has not yet been tested by a team with a pulse.  I understand why they’re confident.   

• Like 4

for the most part PSU fans are just typical of those of any major FB school. I've been there. I have a nephew and niece who are PSU grads. I think the whole game boils down to who wins the line of scrimmage.

• Like 3

Mmmaaannn….I hate to use this comparison but…..2008 Bammer going to UGA for a “blackout” game; people questioning if Bammer was any good despite a couple of pretty good wins; many predictions for Bammer to be exposed because of the tough environment, etc.; Bammer absolutely destroyed them going up 31-0 and coasting home. That’s when you knew that “the process’ was more than just a slogan.

Not saying that I want to be Bammer or that we will see that kind of result this Saturday. But, I do think that we have a coach that is instilling discipline and toughness that travels well and won’t be overwhelmed by the moment. Whether that plays out in our favor this weekend or not we will find out soon enough. But, I really don’t expect to see some of the non-competitive debacles like we’ve seen over the past 5-6 years. I’m excited to see how it plays out…

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

What exactly has PSU won lately? I forget…

They surprisingly opted out of last season after  4 wins in 9 games.....   so i wouldn't even give them a participation trophy for last year. 

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Nice point. Where did you find that?

I don't know, but I'm assuming they only pull the white out for games against top competition? So .500 might be pretty good?

Either way, it proves it's certainly not insurmountable. 

Just now, cbo said:

I don't know, but I'm assuming they only pull the white out for games against top competition? So .500 might be pretty good?

Either way, it proves it's certainly not insurmountable. 

Found it. There’s actually a Wikipedia page on it. Bama thrashed them in 2011 during a white out. Most of their other white outs were Michigan and OSU. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Found it. There’s actually a Wikipedia page on it. Bama thrashed them in 2011 during a white out. Most of their other white outs were Michigan and OSU. 

Thanks. Top tier teams. I'm sure it's an awesome environment. But I think we take this one. 

33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm sure it will be loud. I'd really like to go and experience it. Seriously contemplating making the trip with a buddy. 

If you're in a position to go, please do it. For the rest of us. 

And for you too, but whatever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Have any of them ever actually been to an Iron Bowl? I'm guessing not. So, who has no idea what they're talking about? Sheesh! I have respect for Penn State & fully expect a loud & hostile environment. And I expect us to be ready for that. I certainly agree with them that after our 1st 2 games we can't be sure what we have given the level of competition. But I can also say that I watched the Penn St-Wisconsin game, which, in my opinion, Wisconsin lost more than Penn St won. The main thing I came away with is we have more speed than they do. Maybe substantially more speed. On the downside, their defense is strong & our O line did not impress yesterday. I'm expecting a dog fight, hoping we learn from mistakes made yesterday, looking for Bo to have some of the magic we've seen him have at times, & thinking our speed can make a difference. War Eagle!

PSU won vs. Wisconsin, it’s called showing up. Wisconsin was -5.5 favorites. They scored 10 points vs an average D at best. 

Have you ever been to Columbus for a game? It’s brutally hell. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

What exactly has PSU won lately? I forget…

PSU is 46-16 over the past 5 seasons, Auburn is 41-23 over the same time period and played in three NY6 bowl games. 

37 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

They surprisingly opted out of last season after  4 wins in 9 games.....   so i wouldn't even give them a participation trophy for last year. 

PSU had the kids up on campus since March of last year, they had bowl offers but decided to shut it down. 

6 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

PSU won vs. Wisconsin, it’s called showing up. Wisconsin was -5.5 favorites. They scored 10 points vs an average D at best. 

Have you ever been to Columbus for a game? It’s brutally hell. 

PSU did win, but what I saw was Wisconsin shot themselves in the foot in the red zone and likely would have won the game otherwise.

• Like 2