Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

Screenshot_20210912-161641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebf20771deb8a378739eaa202ea2aeb0.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-161815_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ad2e13a1109fa628cb23c5f8f45fe02.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-162046_Chrome.thumb.jpg.139439b2b0abb2f0d49854b6729de576.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-162119_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e28026a1f160d74d46a2b96e5d44a61.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-162236_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ae483373c2917681d6028b2ff7a421b4.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-162919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.adeede9665cc0cec4c1239dcfc473de0.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-163215_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6831f3a4c5919f5fc0b167cd868bd04c.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-163405_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dda6d312b46fbf6ad9f94862d841edd.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-164131_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f801f6bbee43acdca969c5de09348c7f.jpg

The last one cracks me up because Penn State's average GPA and SAT scores don't meet our minimum here at Auburn.

Screenshot_20210912-162538_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

PSU should be confident. Home game , at night . They have a good win over the badgers .

Guess we will find out what AU is made out of …

Make routine plays . AU wins . AU does not have to do anything special. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

"Perhaps a White Out is more intense than the SEC"

Yeah, and perhaps I'll have relations with Scarlett Johannson tonight too.

Screenshot_20210912-172342_Twitter.jpg

Damn, I’m jelly. ScarJo is my jam. Tell her I said “Hi”

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

They should be confident, but holy cow, some of those posts were extraordinarily laughable. I have respect for Penn State. Will be a hostile environment, just like almost every single SEC stadium. Will be a huge challenge, and they deserved to be favored, but they aren't some unbeatable opponent either. If we execute, we will have a chance

Have any of them ever actually been to an Iron Bowl? I'm guessing not. So, who has no idea what they're talking about? Sheesh! I have respect for Penn State & fully expect a loud & hostile environment. And I expect us to be ready for that. I certainly agree with them that after our 1st 2 games we can't be sure what we have given the level of competition. But I can also say that I watched the Penn St-Wisconsin game, which, in my opinion, Wisconsin lost more than Penn St won. The main thing I came away with is we have more speed than they do. Maybe substantially more speed. On the downside, their defense is strong & our O line did not impress yesterday. I'm expecting a dog fight, hoping we learn from mistakes made yesterday, looking for Bo to have some of the magic we've seen him have at times, & thinking our speed can make a difference. War Eagle!

• Thanks 2

I had a conversation this morning with the wife of one of the PSU football letterman and they are as uncertain of their team as we are based on last year's performances.  We'll have to wait and see which team is better on SAT night.

7 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Have any of them ever actually been to an Iron Bowl? I'm guessing not. So, who has no idea what they're talking about? Sheesh! I have respect for Penn State & fully expect a loud & hostile environment. And I expect us to be ready for that. I certainly agree with them that after our 1st 2 games we can't be sure what we have given the level of competition. But I can also say that I watched the Penn St-Wisconsin game, which, in my opinion, Wisconsin lost more than Penn St won. The main thing I came away with is we have more speed than they do. Maybe substantially more speed. On the downside, their defense is strong & our O line did not impress yesterday. I'm expecting a dog fight, hoping we learn from mistakes made yesterday, looking for Bo to have some of the magic we've seen him have at times, & thinking our speed can make a difference. War Eagle!

Oh yeah it'll be a tough game they just cracked me up with how sure of themselves they are.

They had the same attitude in 2003. But this time they should feel confident.  That road victory at Wisconsin is impressive.  Plus a night game in the 2nd largest stadium in the country.  And from their view Auburn is a 2nd or 3rd tier SEC program that recently got blasted by Northwestern. Auburn has lost something like 9 straight road games against top 10 teams. 

In reality looking at 247 recruiting rankings Auburn and Penn State rosters are closely matched. I remember Franklin at Vandy and was never impressed with his decision making. I believe AU could win Saturday. But to many questions to expect a win. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oh yeah it'll be a tough game they just cracked me up with how sure of themselves they are.

Well, they are wearing white shirts and all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They do know our team will be wearing white too???

Should be fun. It should be close game and they have the advantage. Not expecting a win by any means but I'll have to look at the matchups. Our defense hasn't been tested by the pass at all this year and there could be some breakdowns. If they couldn't run on Wisconsin then they shouldn't run on us. It's going to come down to key plays in the pass game on both sides. 

1 hour ago, TigerTennis80 said:

i don't know if the Oline getting pushed around early was technically a "mistake" Saturday that can be corrected.  I think it's just who they are. Maybe it is was all mental. Sure looked like they got out physicaled to some degree. will be a real test of Nix's mental progress if things aren't perfect

Edited by EastAl_Tiger

29 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

They do know our team will be wearing white too???

I think that would actually be a disadvantage for us.  Penn State’s stadium has the bleachers starting pretty low to the ground and there isn’t green shrubbery in front dividing. They usually have fans on the ground wearing white too.  This could potentially mean Bo Nix or any quarterback would lose the receiver in the white on a pass, especially a deep throw.  

Here is the best photo I could find to illustrate what I mean:

21CEF6E0-2263-4555-BB8E-533D7DED33FF.jpeg

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Bo has wins agains the Turds and Oregon and Washington. More quality wins than any single Nittany Lion wearing a uniform this season. All of them.

Washington was with Jarrett. But PSU has shown that they're a good team for sure and they deserve to be confident.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

I'm sure our board looks corny to them too. That's just how it works

Yeah definitely but they're cornier lol

• Haha 1