abw0004

How is Miami still in the top 25?

• Like 8

We only have to play 1/4 of the top 25-eazy peazy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

We only have to play 1/4 of the top 25-eazy peazy

whew...no kidding.

When is that pod schedule thing  going to kick in?  Shouldn't  we start that before Zero U and Blowhorns join us?    You know to work out the kinks and such?   

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

whew...no kidding.

When is that pod schedule thing  going to kick in?  Shouldn't  we start that before Zero U and Blowhorns join us?    You know to work out the kinks and such?   

I highly doubt they go with the pod schedule. But even being sent to the east along with UAT could help--at least we'd no longer be unique in having to play such a gauntlet. But in any case, I'm thinking they finish out their contracts with the Big 12.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I highly doubt they go with the pod schedule. But even being sent to the east along with UAT could help--at least we'd no longer be unique in having to play such a gauntlet. But in any case, I'm thinking they finish out their contracts with the Big 12.

nah - that timeline will get shortened.   And I do not want to be in the East with bama and georgia and florida, playing some static schedule while OU only has to play LSU and TAMU each year.     I would rather play a larger variety of teams each year in balanced rotation..   

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Another important reason why context must be understood. Glad we looked good on all three phases in the second half though. Big game boys. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Another important reason why context must be understood. Glad we looked good on all three phases in the second half though. Big game boys. 

True, but Clementine is from Montana, so.....but I love the stat.

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This is why preseason polls matter. There is absolutely no reason that Iowa is #5 other than they beat a wildly overrated Iowa State. Similarly, why the heck is Texas A&M still in the top 10? They absolutely should have lost to Colorado and didn't look great against Kent State either and now they're down a starting quarterback.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This is why preseason polls matter. There is absolutely no reason that Iowa is #5 other than they beat a wildly overrated Iowa State. Similarly, why the heck is Texas A&M still in the top 10? They absolutely should have lost to Colorado and didn't look great against Kent State either and now they're down a starting quarterback.

Texas A&M’s ranking confused me too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Similarly, why the heck is Texas A&M still in the top 10? They absolutely should have lost to Colorado and didn't look great against Kent State either and now they're down a starting quarterback.

The thing with anyone in the SECW is that it’s all going to get sorted out eventually.   Every team in the SECW has been ranked this season already, except MSU.  If you keep winning in this league, you’ll shoot up the rankings!  And if you’re overrated, that’ll show pretty quickly too.  

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I mean you can make this argument about 9/10. teams in the top 25. Why are we in the top 25? We have played absolutely nobody haha. At least Iowa has played two power 5 opponents. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

nah - that timeline will get shortened.   And I do not want to be in the East with bama and georgia and florida, playing some static schedule while OU only has to play LSU and TAMU each year.     I would rather play a larger variety of teams each year in balanced rotation..   

I'm with you--having the TN schools as permanent opponents would be awesome!--but just being realistic for what I think is going to happen. Every team in the east would have the same brutal schedule we would have. Unless, of course, UAT throws a fit about wanting to keep the LSU series and they decide to have more than nine conference games to have perma cross div rivalries. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

The CFP poll is the only one that matters, and it doesn't take effect until late in the season.

Edited by AUwent

21 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Their fans saved a cat! At least give them one more week in the poll out of respect 🙂

I’m a dog guy so…

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

whew...no kidding.

We should, lol, but we can't do pods until we get to 16. The sooner the better imo.