* Official Auburn vs. Alabama State Game Thread *

abw0004

15 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yep. If Gus were still coach, he'd be getting skewered for this (and justifiably so).

Harsin will be given a little more leeway, unless this keeps up.

Yep.  When it’s your 2nd game ever and an 11am kickoff, you get some leeway (go back and watch saban’s bama team in 07).   If it’s still happening midseason in your 5th, 6th, or 7th season, that’s an entirely different situation!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I don’t mind it as much though. He needs more practice in keeping his eyes downfield and passing. With a little air on that pass…

This is a good game to have these issues. 

I mind it, but yeah it's obvious he is going thru progressions and not just bailing to run.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He gets one. At least he was trying to be a QB. Guys dropping the ball left and right.

I'm no longer allowed to like posts today so, "Like"

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yep.  When it’s your 2nd game ever and an 11am kickoff, you get some leeway (go back and watch saban’s bama team in 07).   If it’s still happening midseason in your 5th, 6th, or 7th season, that’s an entirely different situation!!!

That’s correct. Gus did it for an 8 year stretch.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Stream is awful on sec network today.  

Lowest priority.

2019 Outback Bowl was REALLY terrible coverage.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

I just missed that whole series because of a Super Beets commercial.

image.jpeg.3d78aea6489ad8f037a7ad7cc97278ed.jpeg

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Another thing to consider, we’ve had a lot of good plays called that were just poorly executed.   Not mostly what we were fussing about during the Gus years.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Bo isn’t really progressing as I see it. He does fine if no one is pressuring him and the sos when they do. Anxious to see how he does after this week.

He's had 1 bad bo pass out of like 35

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I have a feeling the coaches are tell Bo he needs to throw the ball and not pull it down and run. I suspect we see Bo’s wheels more next week

Possibly, but even then he needs to get balanced before throwing. No real reason to hurry that particular throw.