* Official Auburn vs. Alabama State Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, wcware said:

I sure we had new install this week on offense and defense. I expect us to have plenty of games and moments where we are inconsistent. Total new systems on offense and defense.

Last week brought in some unrealistic expectations imo. I think the play calling has been comparably as good as last week, just poor passing execution. Run blocking just isn’t very good 

Just now, au302 said:

Mason is a zone guy right? Problem I see is our secondary players were recruited to play press man, which they were good at. Maybe Mason adapts until we get his recruits in

No, he uses all coverages. We're just playing ASU a certain type of way. DBs have been in position at times to stop those passes. Others ASU is just hitting the quick game against off coverage.

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Last week brought in some unrealistic expectations imo. I think the play calling has been comparably as good as last week, just poor passing execution. Run blocking just isn’t very good 

I completely agree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not liking what I’m seeing so far. Defense is playing well, but still letting them make plays. Bo Nix is still doing really well, and his maturity and growth is impressive and evident. A few drops, but we’re doing okay there I think. It’s the lack of push and penalties against Alabama State that has me most concerned.  

They just don't have a mean streak in them. Must be that Auburn Family.

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

MISERABLE MISCUES!!!!  Hopefully they’re getting all of that out of their system now before we start playing real competition.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I don’t think it works that way..

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember for  the past 10 years this team has always played bad in 11 am games . 🤔

So there's some sort of space-time-continuum vortex that only affects Auburn? and other teams are shielded from it?

Whoever is running the TV scoreboard, they are struggling hard lol. Returned FG is def 6 points. See Iron Bowl 2013

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

So there's some sort of space-time-continuum vortex that only affects Auburn? and other teams are shielded from it?

YES.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember for  the past 10 years this team has always played bad in 11 am games . 🤔

Not entirely true.  I can name several that we played quite well in.

Just now, AUwent said:

Virginia tearing apart Illinois. LOL Nebraska

Illinois is very bad. They loss to a non power 5 team last week