Shivers and 3 Others Out Today

toddc

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I find it as a relief here compared to the other boards as football gets discussed more here.  But some of the bickering does get old when posters hold grudges against each other.  Sadly this is part of the way of things.  This site is the best still for football discussion amongst posters.

i get mad and show my behind but at the end of the day i can talk to anyone that is civil and i have time to cool off. what i hate is when someone disagrees with you and wants to call you stupid and then his posse shows up to pile on. there is just no need for it. it is like we are not pulling for the same team.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you attempt to read my post and comprehend it you'll see I didn't blast him. I put out two very specific scenarios. He's part of either one. That's facts.

You have admited you don't know. Stop trying to pass your admittedly uninformed opinion as fact.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You have admited you don't know. Stop trying to pass your admittedly uninformed opinion as fact.

Correct, I literally said "idk" which is why there was no opinion given. Just the two groups he'd fall into..

--He either has a breakthrough case

--or--

--he was exposed and out in protocol for 10 days bc Vax vs unvax is treated differently. 

That's not an opinion 

Edited by W.E.D

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Damn. That's disappointing. Especially having a good camp so far.

Hopefully he gets everything straightened out

For sure. He's one of my favorites to breakout, if not this season then next. 

Pulling for the guy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So stating facts is somehow ruining a thread?  Nothing in my post is false.

Its somehow my responsibility that ppl can't handle the truth of the situation? 

This PSU game is a pivotal game for Harsin. It's an extremely winnable road game vs a historic program who will be ranked in the top 10 (probably over ranked IMO).

We need everyone. Johnson is another big loss too.

Are you stupid?  Honest question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Aren’t tests given out on mondays? If so he could be available by next week but would have to travel seperately on Friday 

I thought there was a different cadence in terms of testing depending on your vaccination status???

Seems to be a ton of different info out there; NCAA rules vs SEC rules etc and it's constantly changing so who knows

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

There was no opinion given. He either has a breakthrough has or was exposed and out in protocol for 10 days bc Vax vs unvax is treated differently. 

That's not an opinion 

You don't know that is what is happening and have admited so. The fact is you don't know, that's the only fact. An opinion based on possibilities or probabilities is still just an opinion.  

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

For sure. He's one of my favorites to breakout, if not this season then next. 

Pulling for the guy.

Yeah, really like him.  Also always cool for JUCO kids to shine as they had to take a harder path to get where they are

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You don't know that is what is happening and have admited so. The fact is you don't know, that's the only fact. An opinion based on possibilities or probabilities is still just an opinion.  

But I gave no probabilities. There are literally only a few groups he can fall into. If there is an additional one. Please list it. Seriously. 

No judgment was passed on his situation, just outlined the scenarios he'd fall into. 10+ day quarantine is only mandatory for a few reasons. 

My sole judgement is him being out his a huge loss for us

Edited by W.E.D

Pregame Notebook: 2 offensive weapons unavailable for Auburn

ByAUBURN UNDERCOVER 13 minutes ago

Share18 Comments

AUBURN, Alabama – It's game day at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn plays instate FCS foe Alabama State at 11 a.m. at Jordan=Hare Stadium.

Phillip Marshall, Jason Caldwell, Mark Murphy, Nathan King and Keith Niebuhr will provide pregame news. The notebook will be regularly updated until the start of the game, which will be televised by the SEC Network.

TWO OFFENSIVE WEAPONS OUT

Auburn starting wide receiver Ja'Varrius Johnson is not dressed in warmups. His backup, Tar'Varish Dawson, is present after missing last week's game. Per Auburn's game notes, Kobe Hudson will start in place of Johnson. Additionally, I did not see Shaun Shivers on the field with the running backs during warmups. — Nathan King

SIMPSON NOT AVAILABLE 

Cornerback Jaylin Simpson, who sustained an ankle injury last week, is also not dressed. — Nathan King

INJURIES NOT MAJOR

I'm told Johnson and Simpson are both dealing with minor ankle injuries. Auburn could play them but is choosing to let them take time to heal. — Jason Caldwell

TENNISON RETURNS

Nickel Ladarius Tennison, who was not present in the stadium last week, is going through warmups. — Nathan King

WILL DAVIS GET HIS FIRST SHOT AT PLAYING QN FOR AUBURN

Will freshman quarterback Dematrius Davis, described as electrifying during preseason camp, play in today’s game against Alabama State? There are reasons he could play and reasons he might not.

Davis can play up to four games and still be redshirted, but do Auburn coaches want to use one of those four games against an overmatched opponent. Neither head coach Bryan Harsin nor offensive coordinator Mike Bobo have offered any hints.—Phillip Marshall

AUBURN IS A HUGE FAVORITE OVER HORNETS

How much of a mismatch is expected when Auburn plays Alabama State today? Auburn is a 49-point favorite. In Auburn’s only previous game against Alabama State, they won 63-9 in 2018.

Auburn blew out Akron 60-10 last Saturday. Alabama State beat Miles 14-13 in overtime in Montgomery.—Phillip Marshall

FORMER AUBURN STAR SAYS PLAYERS WILL BE PAID

Former All-SEC Auburn nose guard Tommy Jackson, now a professor at the University of West Georgia, believes college football programs are going to eventually have no choice but to pay players beyond what is now legal.

“Something new is going to have to be born,” Jackson said. “I think it is going to have to center around pay for play. Schools are going to have to pay these guys whether they like it or not. They need to do it in a way that makes sense.”—Phillip Marshall

STAR-STUDDED TELECAST CREW

Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, and Holly Rowe on hand next Saturday when Auburn plays Penn State on ABC. Could ESPN Gameday be far behind.—Phillip Marshall

CAM NOT READY FOR HIS FOOTBALL CAREER TO END

18COMMENTS

Former Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton, who led Auburn to the 2010 national championship acknowledged that that he was surprised when he was cut by the New England Patriots. But he vowed his career was not over.

“Do I have a lot of football in me left? Absolutely,” Newton said. “I’m going to remove all doubt. I said it once and I’ll say it again: There are not 32 guys out there that are better than me. And let’s be honest. … If given the opportunity that I can show what I can do, it’s going to be what it’s going to be.”—Phillip Marshall

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So we've got a winnable game and we're gonna be our our #2 RB.

Really awesome. Huge props to the 40% of our team being selfish. Idk if Shivers is apart of that group or he's got a break through case. If he was exposed and vaccinated he wouldn't be out.

Not true, people who have taken the vaccine can still get the virus. My mother is one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But I gave no probabilities. There are literally only a few groups he can fall into. If there is an additional one. Please list it. Seriously. 

No judgment was passed on his situation, just outlined the scenarios he'd fall into. 10+ day quarantine is only mandatory for a few reasons. 

My sole judgement is him being out his a huge loss for us

Stop or start your own thread or it’ll be locked 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought there was a different cadence in terms of testing depending on your vaccination status???

Seems to be a ton of different info out there; NCAA rules vs SEC rules etc and it's constantly changing so who knows

Could be wrong but I believe if you’ve been vaccinated you don’t have to follow contact tracing protocols which is probably why the other RBs aren’t being quarantined. Not trying to start a vaccine argument just saying that would make the most sense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Not true, people who have taken the vaccine can still get the virus. My mother is one. 

Read the sentence before the one you bolded.

Hope that helps

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So stating facts is somehow ruining a thread?  Nothing in my post is false.

Its somehow my responsibility that ppl can't handle the truth of the situation? 

This PSU game is a pivotal game for Harsin. It's an extremely winnable road game vs a historic program who will be ranked in the top 10 (probably over ranked IMO).

We need everyone. Johnson is another big loss too.

We know the facts and we already told you we already know the facts and do not want more drama because of the facts of covid because arguments pop up and it derails the thread. but i learned long ago you do not give a damn about anyone but yourself on this board. what part of that do you not understand? of course you do this crap on purpose and then deflect or act innocent. you think you are being cute but you are acting like a fool. i am surprised you have not been given a time out yet. do you even bring anything positive to the board. have you donated to help the board? do you post articles concerning auburn for the benefit of the board? no you bring chaos and disruption. it gets real old. there is nothing cute about you acting like a fool. and trust me when i say it is more than just a couple of folks. so bring on your cute litttle rebuttal because i will not turn this thread into a running argument but do not be surprised when you suddenly cannot post anymore. the mods have warned you nicely repeatedly.

• Like 4

Could be wrong but I believe if you’ve been vaccinated you don’t have to follow contact tracing protocols which is probably why the other RBs aren’t being quarantined. Not trying to start a vaccine argument just saying that would make the most sense. 

Per the NCAA guidelines that is correct. Vaccinated exposure is just mask up and no testing unless symptoms.  But didn't the SEC put out different testing guidelines? It's been a But confusing and not clear.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

We know the facts and we already told you we already know the facts and do not want more drama because of the facts of covid because arguments pop up and it derails the thread. but i learned long ago you do not give a damn about anyone but yourself on this board. what part of that do you not understand? of course you do this crap on purpose and then deflect or act innocent. you think you are being cute but you are acting like a fool. i am surprised you have not been given a time out yet. do you even bring anything positive to the board. have you donated to help the board? do you post articles concerning auburn for the benefit of the board? no you bring chaos and disruption. it gets real old. there is nothing cute about you acting like a fool. and trust me when i say it is more than just a couple of folks. so bring on your cute litttle rebuttal because i will not turn this thread into a running argument but do not be surprised when you suddenly cannot post anymore. the mods have warned you nicely repeatedly.

Lol the only drama that has been posted is you and @toddccontinuing to make posts threatening me to stop posting or locking a thread. 

So, have some self reflection 

• Dislike 1

As long as they are asymptomatic, yes, vaxxed don't have to quarantine due to exposure. 

Also, there's steps to return from quarantine on the 8th day if Auburn decides to utilize it and a player/coach testes negative twice on days 5, 6, or 7.

**I don't know Shivers sitch and don't want to continue the covid talk, but simply wanted to provide some clarity to the protocols.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It's hard enough for Auburn to have great seasons. This time we have a veteran team with a lot of promise and this comes up. Some things are not avoidable. This situation with the virus was and is entirely avoidable.

It shouldn't matter today, except that it hinders the team's progress in fully jelling. There are games looming ahead when playing time lost today will hurt, and if there are still more players out we could well lose a game due to the virus. This is disappointing.

No one vaxxed or unvaaxxed , can completely avoid this virus. It happens everyday. Vaccinations supposedly, only keep you from having a severe case. Vaccinated people still get it. 

Edited by Farmer Brown

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Vaccinations supposedly, only keep you from having a severe case.

That's not true. But I don't want to belabor this point 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I really hate this because this is his senior year. Hopefully he’s just out for this game and no more after that 

Yeah. 100%. Want this kid to have a good season and be highlighted and used in a manor that can get him to the league. I think he can be a late round pick and be a return guy/3rd down back in the NFL

• Like 1