Shivers and 3 Others Out Today

toddc

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So we've got a winnable game and we're gonna be our our #2 RB.

Really awesome. Huge props to the 40% of our team being selfish. Idk if Shivers is apart of that group or he's got a break through case. If he was exposed and vaccinated he wouldn't be out.

Don’t ruin another thread for all of us please. You seem to try and cause a big dust up on every thread.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

Definitely not good. Not arguing with you on that. However, I think Jarquez may have already been overtaking that #2 spot before this. Still a huge loss. We need Shivers speed and experinece

Lots of experience loss and usually the biggest is pass protection. Also Shivers has show to be a really good receiver. Not sure about Hunter

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So you admit you don't know, but want to blast him anyways?  Priceless

If you attempt to read my post and comprehend it you'll see I didn't blast him. I put out two very specific scenarios. He's part of either one. That's facts.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Dislike 2

Just now, au302 said:

Why so? 

Patience, maybe, terrible vision is a massive stretch. Shivers is good at hitting a hole and good at putting his foot in the ground and getting north and south. Maybe go more than one game in an actual downhill offense without saying the man has terrible vision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you attempt to read my post and comprehend it you'll see I didn't blast him. I put out two very specific scenarios. He's part of either one. That's facts.

Just stop dude!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Patience, maybe, terrible vision is a massive stretch. Shivers is good at hitting a hole and good at putting his foot in the ground and getting north and south. Maybe go more than one game in an actual downhill offense without saying the man has terrible vision.

Been saying this since he has been here.  His tape from high school through college proves it.   [mod edit: we don't need this here.]

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Don’t ruin another thread for all of us please. You seem to try and cause a big dust up on every thread.

So stating facts is somehow ruining a thread?  Nothing in my post is false.

Its somehow my responsibility that ppl can't handle the truth of the situation? 

This PSU game is a pivotal game for Harsin. It's an extremely winnable road game vs a historic program who will be ranked in the top 10 (probably over ranked IMO).

We need everyone. Johnson is another big loss too.

39 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Been saying this since he has been here.  His tape from high school through college proves it.  

Go ahead and insult when someone disagrees you with you, good call. Noted. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Oh I didn't realize that you were disputing that. Figured you were saying it's false that Hunter would be #1 if Tank ever got hurt. I can't speak for others, but I agree with that line of thought because of how good I think Jarquez is, not because I think Shivers is bad. That's not even based off last week either. Dude was tearing it up in the offseason

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think it's fine to say Shivers is a different type of back than tank and our offense would probably be altered slightly. He'd probably still be the starter or maybe even closer to 50/50.

Shiver can be an effective RB. He'll be a big loss to this team if he misses PSU. He's not Tank. But he definitely gets a little extra criticism.

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Go ahead and insult when someone disagrees you with you, good call. Noted. 

Good one buddy, by no means is that an insult.  It is a reoccurring theme when discussing his game.   I have taken sh@t from day one from people who fell into those lines.  By no way did I directly say you.  He has many great aspects as a rb as I have said time and time again and he needs to be used properly and in the right role.   I think the staff did a great job of that last week for his first time since he has been on campus.   He is a different type of runner and is not a fit for the zone read runs they do.  It is not a big deal or an insult to him, it is just where his game is.   Just like some receivers are slot receivers only, etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Good one buddy, by no means is that an insult.  It is a reoccurring theme when discussing his game.   I have taken sh@t from day one from people who fell into those lines.  By no way did I directly say you.  He has many great aspects as a rb as I have said time and time again and he needs to be used properly and in the right role.   I think the staff did a great job of that last week for his first time since he has been on campus.   He is a different type of runner and is not a fit for the zone read runs they do.  It is not a big deal or an insult to him, it is just where his game is.   Just like some receivers are slot receivers only, etc.

See, a post like this I can get behind, it's fine to disagree. I don't agree that Shaun has bad vision and can't be successful in a zone run system, and that's fine too

But I grow tired of all the constant insults I see on this forum just because people don't agree on a topic. Just reading threads on here over the past month or so has made me not even really want to come to the site. I never thought that being here for a decade and in the middle of an exciting coaching change that I would feel that way, but I do. It really gets old

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Shivers potentially missing PSU is a blow.

Ja’Varrius would be playing today if it was PSU this week. Just giving his ankle extra time. No big deal here.

The Ro Torrence sitch is a different story. Sigh😕

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Shivers potentially missing PSU is a blow.

Ja’Varrius would be playing today if it was PSU this week. Just giving his ankle extra time. No big deal here.

The Ro Torrence sitch is a different story. Sigh😕

What's going on with Torrance, didn't see him on the initial tweets.

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao. No. I've made 3 posts

Don’t play coy games. You know what I mean 

• Like 3

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

See, a post like this I can get behind, it's fine to disagree. I don't agree that Shaun has bad vision and can't be successful in a zone run system, and that's fine too

But I grow tired of all the constant insults I see on this forum just because people don't agree on a topic. Just reading threads on here over the past month or so has made me not even really want to come to the site. I never thought that being here for a decade and in the middle of an exciting coaching change that I would feel that way, but I do. It really gets old

I find it as a relief here compared to the other boards as football gets discussed more here.  But some of the bickering does get old when posters hold grudges against each other.  Sadly this is part of the way of things.  This site is the best still for football discussion amongst posters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Disciplined 

Damn. That's disappointing. Especially having a good camp so far.

Hopefully he gets everything straightened out

Forgot to add:

Tennison and Dawson both going thru warmups so they're back even if they aren't back, yet.

Not sure what Harsin's policy is on practicing during the week before playing.

• Like 1