never forget

aubiefifty

no bravado here i just will never forget. so many heroes stepped up knowing they would give their all for their brothers and sisters. this song written by springsteen says it all. sung by the mighty sting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Prayers for safety throughout our country and the world. Most specifically in those places where large crowds will be gathering. Lord keep us safe and may we always remember those who lost their lives so innocently on 9-11. In tragic and perilous times it seems that is when America is at its strongest. 

PhotoGrid_1631238659797.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

no bravado here i just will never forget. so many heroes stepped up knowing they would give their all for their brothers and sisters. this song written by springsteen says it all. sung by the mighty sting.

NEVER. This was my generation’s Pearl Harbor and so many men and women served so bravely at our Nation’s call. So many NYPD and FDNY ran into the buildings knowing they’d probably never come back out…🥺😢

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

NEVER. This was my generation’s Pearl Harbor and so many men and women served so bravely at our Nation’s call. So many NYPD and FDNY ran into the buildings knowing they’d probably never come back out…🥺😢

if you listen to the words of the song i posted and it does not affect you you might be dead. it captures the responders running into the building perfectly. and of course to their shame new york tried to get out of paying for those guys health and retirement. it was sickening to me. john stewart stayed on them until they did what was right. and even john cried at one of the hearings talking about the horrors those guys dealt with.

• Like 3

Also, today is such an eerily beautiful day like it was 20 years ago. 

• Like 3

One thing I still think about to this day is the people trapped stop the twin towers. They have 2 options and neither of them are good

I also think about the people who got up, went to work, thinking it was another day.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to never forget
on 9 / 11 the responders had built in timers in their suits. if there is no movement for ten minutes it goes off in case the person was overcome by smoke or something and it helped to locate that person. after nine eleven hundreds were going off buried in the rubble and the alert beeps kept going off for days until the batteries ran down. if that does not get to you you have no pulse.