i am worried boys about tomorrow

aubiefifty

i was a drag yesterday so i thought i would try and bring a little humor. i thought it was great as well.

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You must have been hanging out with bird.....understandable

I can't speak for Bird...but been a rough one on this side. I am ready to end this day, watch my Tiger whoop some tail tomorrow, and then hit the course Sunday. Going to play Eagles Nest in Guntersville. Oh BTW Golf, There is an awesome deal I found via 93.3 radio station. Summer Golf pass. $109 and you get 1 round of golf, cart fee included at 5 different courses. The courses are Southern Gayles in Athens, Point Mallard in Decatur, Eagles Nest in Gunterville, Gunter's Landing (my fav) in Guntersville, and Cypress Lakes in Muscle Shoals. I have played all of them but Eagle's Nest and Cypress. $109 not bad at all if any of you golfers are interested in this let me know I can find the link and send to ya.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I can't speak for Bird...but been a rough one on this side. I am ready to end this day, watch my Tiger whoop some tail tomorrow, and then hit the course Sunday. Going to play Eagles Nest in Guntersville. Oh BTW Golf, There is an awesome deal I found via 93.3 radio station. Summer Golf pass. $109 and you get 1 round of golf, cart fee included at 5 different courses. The courses are Southern Gayles in Athens, Point Mallard in Decatur, Eagles Nest in Gunterville, Gunter's Landing (my fav) in Guntersville, and Cypress Lakes in Muscle Shoals. I have played all of them but Eagle's Nest and Cypress. $109 not bad at all if any of you golfers are interested in this let me know I can find the link and send to ya.

Gunters landing is my home course. I’m a member there.

16 minutes ago, wcware said:

Gunters landing is my home course. I’m a member there.

I wish I lived close enough to be a member there. Love that course. When I first started playing, seriously playing back that is back in the Spring, I had played some easy courses around Huntsville and was looking pretty good. Then came a trip to GL. My goodness. It humbled me quickly. I am excited to play it again now that I have really improved my game. How is Eagles Nest? HAve you played it? I believe it is the state park course, but I could be wrong. I know it is in Guntersville.

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wish I lived close enough to be a member there. Love that course. When I first started playing, seriously playing back that is back in the Spring, I had played some easy courses around Huntsville and was looking pretty good. Then came a trip to GL. My goodness. It humbled me quickly. I am excited to play it again now that I have really improved my game. How is Eagles Nest? HAve you played it? I believe it is the state park course, but I could be wrong. I know it is in Guntersville.

You are correct. It’s the state park course. It’s a great course for the money. A tornado went through there about 10 years ago I guess and took out most of the trees on the course so it’s much easier now than it used to be. Greens are typically in good shape. Not near as much elevation change as gunters landing 

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

You are correct. It’s the state park course. It’s a great course for the money. A tornado went through there about 10 years ago I guess and took out most of the trees on the course so it’s much easier now than it used to be. Greens are typically in good shape. Not near as much elevation change as gunters landing 

I live in Fayetteville, TN just above Huntsville. We don't have many great courses here. My local course is Pebble Creek. It is fun and has the best greens around, but it is just a 9 hole course. They keep it up nice. 

Then we have Colonial and Fox Run in Hazel Green. Colonial is a nice little course. Fox run has come a long way since they opened in 96. We started noticing they werent doing much upkeep and letting some stuff go. Found out last week the course sold and is being turned into a housing development. I will try to make one more round there for goodbyes and to scavenge for practice balls. There is one hole on that course that all you have to do is walk 12 feet into the woods and you can find as many balls as you want. I went in looking for one Chromesoft, came out with 49 others. 

The best courses around me are Saddlecreek in Lewisburg, TN and Willowbrook in Manchester, TN. Guntersville is far enough away it is not what I would consider near me. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I live in Fayetteville, TN just above Huntsville. We don't have many great courses here. My local course is Pebble Creek. It is fun and has the best greens around, but it is just a 9 hole course. They keep it up nice. 

Then we have Colonial and Fox Run in Hazel Green. Colonial is a nice little course. Fox run has come a long way since they opened in 96. We started noticing they werent doing much upkeep and letting some stuff go. Found out last week the course sold and is being turned into a housing development. I will try to make one more round there for goodbyes and to scavenge for practice balls. There is one hole on that course that all you have to do is walk 12 feet into the woods and you can find as many balls as you want. I went in looking for one Chromesoft, came out with 49 others. 

The best courses around me are Saddlecreek in Lewisburg, TN and Willowbrook in Manchester, TN. Guntersville is far enough away it is not what I would consider near me. 

You play the Robert Trent Jones Courses in Huntsville? Hampton Cove is the name. 

17 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My dad is a member at Southern Gales and friends with the owner/pro.

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

My dad is a member at Southern Gales and friends with the owner/pro.

Southern Gayles is a nice course. I played it one time so far. Very clean kept. Pretty easy course especially the front 9. Good for high handicappers like myself.

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

You play the Robert Trent Jones Courses in Huntsville? Hampton Cove is the name. 

Haven't yet. It is on the list though. We are going to play these 5 from the summer deal, and then we have one in Sparta, TN called Riverwatch that is supposed to be amazing. Will try to get to the RTJ Hampton Cove course soon. 

On a side note, nothing is better than hearing someone who lives in Owens Cross Roads argue that they live in Hampton Cove. 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Haven't yet. It is on the list though. We are going to play these 5 from the summer deal, and then we have one in Sparta, TN called Riverwatch that is supposed to be amazing. Will try to get to the RTJ Hampton Cove course soon. 

On a side note, nothing is better than hearing someone who lives in Owens Cross Roads argue that they live in Hampton Cove. 

😂 My sister-in-law live there. You are correct. We all know it’s Owens Cross Roads

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcware said:

😂 My sister-in-law live there. You are correct. We all know it’s Owens Cross Roads

I used to make sales calls to residence in OCR and I would be verifying their address and say 123 yadda st Owens Cross Ro....."Sir I live in Hampton Cove",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well Ma'am, your address says OCR. They would get all bent out of shape over it.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I used to make sales calls to residence in OCR and I would be verifying their address and say 123 yadda st Owens Cross Ro....."Sir I live in Hampton Cove",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well Ma'am, your address says OCR. They would get all bent out of shape over it.

If you ever get an invite to play The Ledges in Huntsville, take it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Southern Gayles is a nice course. I played it one time so far. Very clean kept. Pretty easy course especially the front 9. Good for high handicappers like myself.

My dad is 85 so it’s perfect for him and his weekday buddies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

My dad is 85 so it’s perfect for him and his weekday buddies.

My Grandmother played up into her late 70 early 80s. She walked 9 holes 3-4 times a week for a looooong time. I couldn't keep up with her. That is great your dad still plays.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Come to Athens and play Canebrake, quick drive down 65 from Fayetteville. 

57 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Come to Athens and play Canebrake, quick drive down 65 from Fayetteville. 

I live in Athens, where are you? Lots of friends and pastor live in Cainbrake.

Edited by toddc