So..hows that first game?..

SaturdayGT

600 yards offense and defense is stifling!

• Like 5

Finley did not look great, and stood out by being the only guy who didn't look great. J Hunter had 100+ yards and didn't get a touch until the 3rd quarter. Sean Jackson looks like Rudi Johnson II. Worm and Tank more than lived up to sky high expectations. Bo Nix now owns the single game completion percentage for AU QBs at 91%. OL looked like they knew who to block, DL was dominant. Fair shoved the center into the QB more often than not. They just had to resort to flagrantly holding Pegues when he would start to get away from his man, spun him halfway around from the side at least 2x. 

• Like 2

Can we just agree that we should keep having at least two cupcakes? I see results like tonight and can't fathom for the life of me why people want to get rid of cupcakes.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

I can't remember the last time Auburn was able to play this many backups for so many reps.  So good to see those guys get into the game and some real playing time.

Glad to see an opener without a lot of undisciplined plays or stupid penalties. Enjoyed it. Lots to like about this team and staff.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I can't remember the last time Auburn was able to play this many backups for so many reps.  So good to see those guys get into the game and some real playing time.

Glad to see an opener without a lot of undisciplined plays or stupid penalties. Enjoyed it. Lots to like about this team and staff.

Getting subs into the game to polish the plan, sort talent, in the FIRST game. Not in just in the last 30 seconds of homecoming. This is the bizzaro universe! Did the staff not get the mail? This looks 'good.' I do not understand this non-cynical communication i'm being forced to convey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Very prepared, well-coached team!

I loved the gameplan.  
I loved that we got so many subs get meaningful snaps.   
Our coaching staff got SO MUCH on tape for teaching purposes this week!  We could not ask for anything better from today!

• Like 6

Well I’m really upset. No Whirly bird , QB rotation on every play . And on top of that we never even once run right back up the middle with the same back that had just run the long run. And who the heck was calling pass plays on first down instead of the run up the middle? 🤨 And since when does AU use a TE to actually receive passes? This just won’t do . 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

i love this coaching staff, Harsin in particular. This was how you take care of an overmatched team. I think we are in for some surprises this year.🤩

• Like 2

1. Bo was poised and went through his progressions and made the right decisions. He was just trying so hard to not overthrow that he under threw some.

2. Tank and Shivers were as expected..absolutely fantastic and we have RB depth people

3. Didn’t really pay too much attention to the o-line but no sacks and bullied them.. though it is Akron 

4. Just like I said we have legit pass rushers this year 

5. I love our coach and his M.O and how the players have fed off of it

6. WR’s looked solid to me..loved seeing Shed getting so many passes

7. Did I forget to mention I love our coach!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Can we just agree that we should keep having at least two cupcakes? I see results like tonight and can't fathom for the life of me why people want to get rid of cupcakes.

Because its way less fun.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Because its way less fun.

Tell that to the players who need some rest.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Tell that to the players who need some rest.

If we need rest in game 1, then I seriously question our conditioning.

But if you wanna advocate for more crappy games that don't fill up the stadium, go ahead.

10 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Based on that small sample easy to see why Bo is the starter. That Hunter kid at RB is a stud!

Bo’s biggest improvement that I saw last night is he has learned  to set his feet. When he does that he has a lot more power and accuracy. His decisions were much better. The receivers were much better aligned and made sharper routes. And they were hanging on to the passes. I know it was Akron but you can see a much more disciplined team out there. I was much impressed by their overall professionalism, even their manners on the sidelines . It was easy to see from pregame to finish, these young men came ready to play football and do it correctly. War Eagle 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

We obviously had a great week of practice

The only time a coach has to use that line is when they suck. It was quite obvious by their play they had a few great weeks of practice. Even though this was Akron folks just need to look back to JSU a couple of years ago and see the difference in a team that is prepared and one that isn’t. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Few things that crossed my mind: It was fantastic NOT to see a bunch of sideways passes. We had a 3rd and 2 once, and we threw the completion BEYOND the sticks. Who knew this could happen?? I know it's game 1 but we really did look better coached and more disciplined. If that translates into wins, we will have to see. I see why there has been talk of Hunter and Jackson. They have skills that can contribute. Bo's feet seemed better. Yes, it was a cupcake, but I think he has made some progress. It does appear he has received some actual coaching. The difference in the offensive approach was glaring. No more gimmicky high school offense.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2