2021 Bo Nix

WDE_OxPx_2010

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

You digest and analyzed his play against Akron. We are trying to analyze his future play. That is the 1 million dollar question. Yes, he looks great against trash opponents. That was never the concern. But you don't care about that because it hasn't happened. So again, why are you in the discussion again?

Way to reach. 

You're trying to analyze his future play? OKAY....Explain to me how you do that without evaluating where he is currently. 

I've put out the disclaimer that it was against Akron and we'll have to wait until he faces adversity in every single post on topic. 

Who pulled your string?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes, he looks great against trash opponents. That was never the concern.

Feel like it kinda has been.  He wasn't great his Fr Year vs G5 teams.  His YPA was trash and Comp% wasn't ever that great.

Last year he dominated LSU, Horn Jr ate his lunch. but then a lot other meh games and rarely had a good YPA or consistently threw the ball well down the field.

We'll see if he can back up this week with a good performance, but in years past he'd be like 15/25 for 190yds

12 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Way to reach. 

You're trying to analyze his future play? OKAY....Explain to me how you do that without evaluating where he is currently. 

I've put out the disclaimer that it was against Akron and we'll have to wait until he faces adversity in every single post on topic. 

Who pulled your string?

Based on past performances against power 5 teams, duh.  No crap he looks good against Akron. The whole crutch is how will he look against elite defenses. Until we see that , this will be a hot topic. I didn’t think it would be that hard to decipher. It doesn’t take rocket science to evaluate his performance at Akron. I highly doubt that would be looked at when they evaluate him at the next level. I’m reaching , yet that is exactly what you said. Can’t wait to hear your 5 star analysis when we play Alabama state . And btw, this isn’t an attack on Bo Nix, only you. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

It doesn’t take rocket science to evaluate his performance at Akron. 

I'd like to evaluate our OL/blocking schemes/play calling.  0 pressures, even vs a bad team, is pretty remarkable and a nice change from years past.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Based on past performances against power 5 teams, duh.  No crap he looks good against Akron. The whole crutch is how will he look against elite defenses. Until we see that , this will be a hot topic. I didn’t think it would be that hard to decipher. It doesn’t take rocket science to evaluate his performance at Akron. I highly doubt that would be looked at when they evaluate him at the next level. I’m reaching , yet that is exactly what you said. Can’t wait to hear your 5 star analysis when we play Alabama state . And btw, this isn’t an attack on Bo Nix, only you. 

LMAO, that's it!! You can only look back at the past to draw your conclusions. 

It's ok that you don't actually understand the game enough to have an intelligent conversation. You provide nothing of substance. 

You're the simpleton here.

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

LMAO, that's it!! You can only look back at the past to draw your conclusions. 

It's ok that you don't actually understand the game enough to have an intelligent conversation. You provide nothing of substance. 

You're the simpleton here.

The irony based on this post

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

You can only look back at the past to draw your conclusions. 

That is like standard protocol. How do you think Scouts draw evaluation on NFL prospects without them actually being in the NFL. lol.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The irony based on this post

That is like standard protocol. How do you think Scouts draw evaluation on NFL prospects without them actually being in the NFL. lol.

Yes, discount the present completely. Improvement can never be made.

Again, you're unqualified to have this discussion anyway so just go back to your corner already.

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd like to evaluate our OL/blocking schemes/play calling.  0 pressures, even vs a bad team, is pretty remarkable and a nice change from years past.

The sad thing about it is it shouldn't be this way. Quite frankly, as glad that I am of Bo finally using fundamentals, he is behind the eight ball. Hopefully with this coaching he can be caught up to what he should be at minimal, but we won't know until he faces elite level opponents.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Yes, discount the present completely. Improvement can never be made.

Again, you're unqualified to have this discussion anyway so just go back to your corner already.

Find where I said that? Look at you emotional. The bottomline is your analysis of Bo Nix during the Akron game has no bearing on his future. All it tells us is he can be fundamentally sound against a non-power 5 opponent who is overly matched. Unfortunately, he plays in the SEC.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Find where I said that? Look at you emotional. The bottomline is your analysis of Bo Nix during the Akron game has no bearing on his future. All it tells us is he can be fundamentally sound against a non-power 5 opponent who is overly matched. Unfortunately, he plays in the SEC.

Point out where I said his performance against Akron meant he sure fire going dominate all other competition. 

I think we agree on Bo and what we hope he can do, but you just want to argue now for whatever reason.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

The sad thing about it is it shouldn't be this way. Quite frankly, as glad that I am of Bo finally using fundamentals, he is behind the eight ball. Hopefully with this coaching he can be caught up to what he should be at minimal, but we won't know until he faces elite level opponents.

I believe the emphasis on this statement is on “WE won’t know”. I’m betting coaching staff has a pretty good idea if not more than that.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Point out where I said his performance against Akron meant he sure fire going dominate all other competition.

Why would I point that out when I never once even made that assumption. What I am saying is it is foolish to just look at his Akron game and not discuss his potential against talent like opponents simply because they have not played. This is what your are doing. Besides Alabama State, he won't face another team as overly matched like them nor will his future draft status be based on how well he performed against Akron. 

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe the emphasis on this statement is on “WE won’t know”. I’m betting coaching staff has a pretty good idea if not more than that.

I am sure they do, but again, they don't know either until the lights turn on and we suit up. I have no doubt in my mind this staff has coached the hell out of him, so if he performs less than adequate from a fundamental standpoint, that is on him. Last year, you could argue poor scheme and coaching. Not anymore.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree with your post, but I was really intending to highlight how well the the OL either blocked in pass protection, play design/scheme, etc...

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would I point that out when I never once even made that assumption. What I am saying is it is foolish to just look at his Akron game and not discuss his potential against talent like opponents simply because they have not played. This is what your are doing. Besides Alabama State, he won't face another team as overly matched like them nor will his future draft status be based on how well he performed against Akron. 

WHERE!??

59 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

THIS IS WHERE. Where he is currently doesn't mean crap because he didn't face any adversity. He played against an over match squad. All it showed was he at least can be fundamentally sound when there is literally zero pressure and that is the bare minimum for a D-1 QB. I literally would expect the same performance from every single team save from Vandy, if they played against Akron. The problem is Bo has shown zero to none fundamental play in his game that we are literally giddy because we finally see it.  The problem is that is not realistic. After Alabama State, the honeymoon is over. This is where we will tell true growth, so of course that will be in discussion regardless if the game has been played or not.

Think about this. Bo Nix threw for 20/22 with a .9 completion percentage and 3 TDs to Zero interceptions. Literally nobody cares besides Jordan Palmer and Auburn fans because the rest of the nation understands perspective.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

THIS IS WHERE. Where he is currently doesn't mean crap because he didn't face any adversity. He played against an over match squad. All it showed was he at least can be fundamentally sound when there is literally zero pressure and that is the bare minimum for a D-1 QB. I literally would expect the same performance from every single team save from Vandy, if they played against Akron. The problem is Bo has shown zero to none fundamental play in his game that we are literally giddy because we finally see it.  The problem is that is not realistic. After Alabama State, the honeymoon is over. This is where we will tell true growth, so of course that will be in discussion regardless if the game has been played or not.

That's literally the same thing I've said multiple times in this thread before you wanted to crank up an argument. 

The presence of good fundamentals now matters because, as you said, he hasn't shown that at all previously, even against the other overmatched opponents he's played.

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

The presence of good fundamentals now matters because, as you said, he hasn't shown that at all previously, even against the other overmatched opponents he's played.

I EXPECT THAT. HE SHOULD BE DOING THIS. This will be irrelevant if he does this against Akron and completely does a 180 against Penn State. I am basically saying it is sad that we are excited that our five star QB is finally using fundamentals, but at the end of the day it is irrelevant, until he shows he can do it against talented opponents. So analyzing Akron is cool, but in the big picture it means ABSOLUTELY ZERO. It would be like me being giddy that you showed up for work on time. I freaking expect that. Now show me what you can do when you are at work.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I EXPECT THAT. HE SHOULD BE DOING THIS. This will be irrelevant if he does this against Akron and completely does a 180 against Penn State. I am basically saying it is sad that we are excited that our five star QB is finally using fundamentals, but at the end of the day it is irrelevant, until he shows he can do it against talented opponents. So analyzing Akron is cool, but in the big picture it means ABSOLUTELY ZERO. It would be like me being giddy that you showed up for work on time. I freaking expect that. Now show me what you can do when you are at work.

We agree....I never said he arrived. 

Maybe you have me confused with someone else, but I haven't showed up giddy one way or another regarding Bo.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Its only the first game oh what fun we have to look forward to.....

That game where he's kinda average or maybe not that great, but we win either in spite of him or b/c he make 1 great play vs 3 terrible ones, is going to be chaos 

Archived