2021 Bo Nix

WDE_OxPx_2010

Had a chance to rewatch parts of the game and to put a bow on my thoughts from QB1 in game #1:

1) Bo's mechanics are night and day different. He kept a good base and you can often see his feet reset as he goes through his progressions. His platform remained good toward the target, kept his shoulders on plane, and got hip rotation on his throws. He wasn't relying entirely on his arm anymore to throw the ball. 

2) He looked confident within the offense and showed he could go through his progressions quickly. Judging by this first game, he has the cerebral part of this offense which believe it or not is vastly different than his previous systems. 

Now, that probably sounds like sunshine pumping, but it's just my honest assessment of the Akron performance. I've been critical of Bo in the past, and I even said I wasn't going to jump at all the fall camp conclusions that he was looking bad until I could see something with my own eyes. He's still going to face adversity against the better competition, but if he maintains what he showed he's capable of this past Saturday, it could be a fun season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I for sure place more credibility in Palmer's opinion than any "expert's" opinion here.

These guys get paid to give their opinion, so it helps when it is something that will generate clicks. 

If not for his older brother, he probably would have disappeared into the ether by now. He wasn't even good in college. 

Edited by cbo
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

These guys get paid to give their opinion, so it helps when it is something that will generate clicks. 

If not for his older brother, he probably would have disappeared into the nether by now. He wasn't even good in college. 

LOL, Jordan Palmer isn't just some talking head or interview mercenary. He didn't make it big like his brother, but he's a legit personal QB coach that's worked with an extremely impressive list of past clientele.

If you want to poke holes in his analysis, then let's hear it, but what you just said was ignorant. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

LOL, Jordan Palmer isn't just some talking head or interview mercenary. He didn't make it big like his brother, but he's a legit personal QB coach that's worked with an extremely impressive list of past clientele.

If you want to poke holes in his analysis, then let's hear it, but what you just said was ignorant. 

I've seen his list of clients. Bo Nix is one of them. That should tell you something. 

Here's my analysis. Predicting Bo to be a Heisman finalist after the last couple years and one game against Akron is absurd. I would love to be wrong. But nothing about his current record against top teams screams Heisman.

I can go into more detail if you want. But for future reference, don't "LOL" me or call me ignorant and expect to start a productive conversation. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I've seen his list of clients. Bo Nix is one of them. That should tell you something. 

Here's my analysis. Predicting Bo to be a Heisman finalist after the last couple years and one game against Akron is absurd. I would love to be wrong. But nothing about his current record against top teams screams Heisman.

I can go into more detail if you want. But for future reference, don't "LOL" me or call me ignorant and expect to start a productive conversation. 

Seems to me Palmer’s opinion probably hinged much more heavily on what he has seen as his client rather than the 1st game this year. Just a guess though.

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Seems to me Palmer’s opinion probably hinged much more heavily on what he has seen as his client rather than the 1st game this year. Just a guess though.

Maybe. I hope so.

But you don't think it's possible that Palmer's opinion is swayed by his own personal interest? Wouldn't it be helpful for him to say he coached a Heisman winner? Do you think Bo is a Heisman finalist?

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Maybe. I hope so.

But you don't think it's possible that Palmer's opinion is swayed by his own personal interest? Wouldn't it be helpful for him to say he coached a Heisman winner? Do you think Bo is a Heisman finalist?

Sure he is. Natural for him to believe his client is a front runner ( he is in top 10 QB rating so far). I don’t think so but if he continues like he has he will be as his stats will require it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sure he is. Natural for him to believe his client is a front runner ( he is in top 10 QB rating so far). I don’t think so but if he continues like he has he will be as his stats will require it.

Not sure if we agree on the overall premise, but I'll debate with you anytime. You are always respectful and stick to the point. That's all I'm looking for on here. Thanks man and have a good night. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Not sure if we agree on the overall premise, but I'll debate with you anytime. You are always respectful and stick to the point. That's all I'm looking for on here. Thanks man and have a good night. 

You too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

don't "LOL" me or call me ignorant and expect to start a productive conversation. 

Just to be clear, he said what you said was ignorant, not you. That's a big distinction.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Bo Nix literally pays him money. He might be right, but he's hyping a client. Should be taken with a grain of salt 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just to be clear, he said what you said was ignorant, not you. That's a big distinction.

Lol and what does that change?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

I agree completely. Clearly there's a reason to look and say ok man, calm down. Palmer isn't some decorated, objective pundit, that can't be questioned. To think otherwise is laughable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol and what does that change?

If Einstein said, "goldfish are secretly plotting to destabilize the middle east in an attempt to keep the power of OPEC from being manipulated by cats", then that's an ignorant statement.  That doesn't mean Einstein is ignorant.

9 hours ago, cbo said:

But for future reference, don't "LOL" me or call me ignorant and expect to start a productive conversation.

With the qualifier proposed by CBO, they can still have a productive conversation with the understanding that he wasn't being called ignorant.

You go from a dead end conversation to an open conversation. That's what changes with understanding the difference.

• Like 3

I saw 7 on 7 Bo Nix on Saturday.  Always was a great quarterback and had great mechanics when he faces no pressure.  The issue is when he faces the pressure he then loses his mechanics even when not pressured.  I felt his arm looked stronger, did a good job of making reads and some timing was off which is to be expected in a first game.

It was positive day and that is exactly what everybody needed to see.  Gives us a chance for some optimism, but I would hold back any excitement for a few weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I saw 7 on 7 Bo Nix on Saturday.  Always was a great quarterback and had great mechanics when he faces no pressure.  The issue is when he faces the pressure he then loses his mechanics even when not pressured.  I felt his arm looked stronger, did a good job of making reads and some timing was off which is to be expected in a first game.

It was positive day and that is exactly what everybody needed to see.  Gives us a chance for some optimism, but I would hold back any excitement for a few weeks.

The issue is when he faces the pressure he then loses his mechanics even when not pressured. 

not understanding your premise ( probably my shortfall not yours), is he being pressured or not?

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If Einstein said, "goldfish are secretly plotting to destabilize the middle east in an attempt to keep the power of OPEC from being manipulated by cats", then that's an ignorant statement.  That doesn't mean Einstein is ignorant.

With the qualifier proposed by CBO, they can still have a productive conversation with the understanding that he wasn't being called ignorant.

You go from a dead end conversation to an open conversation. That's what changes with understanding the difference.

His overall tone in THIS particular situation is what he's talking about. Introducing himself in the discussion saying cbo's opinion is ignorant is what he's referring to. Anybody would be taken back from that, in this particular convo. 

When quite frankly the opinion isn't ignorant at all, but that's subjective. It's certainly isn't a take that's of a lesser quality than the other. It's not like he said something that's far off base. In fact his statement is just as factual if not more than the other take.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The issue is when he faces the pressure he then loses his mechanics even when not pressured. 

not understanding your premise ( probably my shortfall not yours), is he being pressured or not?

My bad.  So once he faces pressure in a game, he tends to lose his mechanics for the rest of the game wether there is actual pressure or not.

Just now, auburnphan said:

My bad.  So once he faces pressure in a game, he tends to lose his mechanics for the rest of the game wether there is actual pressure or not.

Gotcha, follow your point now. Appreciate the clarification for me.

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

His overall tone in THIS particular situation is what he's talking about. Introducing himself in the discussion saying cbo's opinion is ignorant is what he's referring to. Anybody would be taken back from that, in this particular convo. 

When quite frankly the opinion isn't ignorant at all, but that's subjective. It's certainly isn't a take that's of a lesser quality than the other. It's not like he said something that's far off base. In fact his statement is just as factual if not more than the other take.

Correct. Both are knowledgeable and I enjoy their post, I was just trying to provide a path forward for them to continue the discussion. It doesn't bother or affect me either way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Maybe. I hope so.

if bo keeps stepping up? heck yes i do................

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Correct. Both are knowledgeable and I enjoy their post, I was just trying to provide a path forward for them to continue the discussion. It doesn't bother or affect me either way.

I feel that. I'm just saying it was really just about being cordial that's all. Cbo disagrees with me plenty of times, he's actually similar to Hank. Very even keeled, I think he just didn't like the abrasive nature in the introduction. Knowing him I'm sure he was fine right after he expressed himself. He probably had moved on. 

But anyway Bo will kill Alabama st and prove he's winning the heisman! I'm looking forward to seeing Auburn being a real football team some more.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cbo said:

Calm down buddy. I didn't call YOU ignorant, but your take on Palmer is bad. He’s a legit QB coach whether you want to admit that or not. His career as a player has nothing to do with that. George Whitfield Jr never had a stellar career as a QB either, but he's a well renowned QB coach.

BTW, Palmer only commented on Bo bc the fan question from the show was do you see Bo as a dark horse heisman candidate? He didn't just drag Bo into the conversation on his own just to talk about him.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I agree completely. Clearly there's a reason to look and say ok man, calm down. Palmer isn't some decorated, objective pundit, that can't be questioned. To think otherwise is laughable.

So Palmer isn't being objective bc Bo is one of his clients? Ok. Outside of the Heisman crap that was led into by the question, then you tell me what analysis Palmer has offered that needs questioning.

BTW, this wasn't my "introduction into the discussion" I've actually been involved in the thread since very early on, before it was hijacked by 3 or 4 pages of nonsense. It's funny that you took that one post as I'm not being cordial, but I'll continue to call out BS when I see it. Thanks