Tiger Talk nuggets

Swamp Eagle

BRYAN HARSIN, Auburn coach

-- Auburn managed to avoid the rain for the most part today. Practiced indoors for about 25 minutes and then hit the outdoor fields.

-- Auburn had a “mock game week” last week, just so the players had an idea of what Tuesday-Saturday would look like. 

-- By Wednesday night, the gameplan is in. Thursday and Friday are about fine-tuning things for Saturdays.

-- It has been a good week of practice so far, Harsin says. He expects a strong finish the next two days leading into the Akron game.

-- The message throughout the week: Take care of your business when it comes to preparation. Once it gets to Saturday, it’s about the players cutting loose, playing the game the way they want to and having some fun. “They know if they prepare properly, that come gameday, it’s about going out there and trusting your training.”

-- “I think player-driven teams have more success consistently.” Adds that he thinks the leaders on the team have done a good job of making sure everything runs smoothly within the team.

-- Auburn turned its attention to Akron last week. Harsin said they usually shift their focus to the opener 10 days out. Team has also done a little bit of scout work and prep for Alabama State and Penn State.

-- Hopes to play well enough to get some backups in the game, but the focus will always be on the guys who are atop the depth chart and those who have earned rotation spots. “You got to be careful about the expectations going into a game. It’s really about us; it’s about execution.”

-- On guys who have thrived in a competitive environment during fall camp, Harsin says the defensive line has seen its level of play go up every day. The offensive line, with all its movement this preseason, has also been competitive. Harsin also notes T.J. Finley’s presence created a “sense of urgency” in the quarterback room with Bo Nix.

-- Barring any injuries or anything unforeseen, Auburn’s starters on offense, defense and special teams are set. Notes that some positions have two guys ready to play, for sure (i.e. left and right guard).

-- He says on offense, he “stays in the game” and has suggestions when it comes to play-calling, but Mike Bobo is the team’s primary play-caller. Harsin stays in-tune defensively, too, and he also has a hand on punt return. Says he’s good at making suggestions.

-- Harsin enjoyed being in the booth when he was a play-caller, says it was a lot less hectic. He left the decision up to Mike Bobo and Derek Mason, adding that they both decided they wanted to call the offense and defense from the booth this season. Notes that there could be some games where the coordinators feel they should be on the field instead.

-- Thinks there’s less information on Akron defensively with what they’re going to do personnel-wise. Auburn will have its base offense/defense prepared and adjust accordingly as the game requires, but Harsin says the Tigers feel good about the information they have on the Zips.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/09/live-updates-bryan-harsin-previews-auburn-opener-vs-akron-on-tiger-talk.html

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

-- Thinks there’s less information on Akron defensively with what they’re going to do personnel-wise. Auburn will have its base offense/defense prepared and adjust accordingly as the game requires, but Harsin says the Tigers feel good about the information they have on the Zips.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/09/live-updates-bryan-harsin-previews-auburn-opener-vs-akron-on-tiger-talk.html

Info that AU has on the Zips: "Akron is bad. Really bad. Both sides of the ball."

5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Info that AU has on the Zips: "Akron is bad. Really bad. Both sides of the ball."

Yea, if all goes well Auburn should get out to a monumental lead pretty quickly.  

It has been a good week of practice so far, Harsin says.     lol and no one says a thing...............

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

It has been a good week of practice so far, Harsin says.     lol and no one says a thing...............

I didn't want to say anything after I read that but I did throw up a little, lol. 🤮

2 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I didn't want to say anything after I read that but I did throw up a little, lol. 🤮

i imagine the new coach means it when he says it. but i am sure all coaches do some coach speak.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

lol - of course, not sure what else they'd say

"God, we looked really awful out there this week, I mean, utter dog crap, we've got no chance. Where's my whiskey?"

11 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Nice, so we'll get a TE at QB?  Like the Clemson game, but different.

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

What do you think?

don't care tbqh.  Not a shot at you, just answering.

11 hours ago, RunInRed said:

-- By Wednesday night, the gameplan is in. Thursday and Friday are about fine-tuning things for Saturdays.

You've got to wonder how this team feels right now.  They've practiced all week with a game plan, and going into today the offensive HC isn't going to destroy it and install something they haven't done.

Wild Times.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Good week of practice.  No doubt.  Futures bright.  

Building quality depth!

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

What do you think? I did notice he wears Auburn and she wears Gucci? 

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text that says 'FAST ALABAMA VING 2021 AUBURN HARSIN Bryan & Bryan&Kes Kes'

"he wears Auburn and she wears Gucci".  I think I heard that one on the radio the other day.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

If, in the future, we don’t perform in games and we still have *a good week of practice* then will be the time to say something.  I have a feeling there will be some colorful language used during those times.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

HA - I was about to post something about this! I had a small stomach cramp when I read that.

13 hours ago, RunInRed said:

... Harsin also notes T.J. Finley’s presence created a “sense of urgency” in the quarterback room with Bo Nix.

Pretty sure this isn't like a porous O-Line sense of urgency....  Competition is a beautiful thing, when accountability is real and reasonable.

This may be the best thing I took from all of that.  

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Good week of practice.  No doubt.  Futures bright.  

But will we use the tight ends? And throw slants.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

What do you think? I did notice he wears Auburn and she wears Gucci? 

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text that says 'FAST ALABAMA VING 2021 AUBURN HARSIN Bryan & Bryan&Kes Kes'

He makes a lot of money. She wears upscale designer clothes. Water is wet my man. They would look a little goofy matching up there imo 

Archived