Official Week 1 Depth Chart

McLoofus

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Miller and Canion, too. 

Several major names not on this 2-deep. I think we can expect that to continue to be the case, at least throughout the first half of the season. It's all the same. Only the names will change.

(Either I'm right or this is a reverse jinx that helps the team.)

Miller maybe but I honestly don't think he's in the two deep anyways from what we have heard. Which is wild.

• Like 2

This is WAY too senior-heavy a lineup for what’s supposed to be a rebuilding year.  Very worried about 2022.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This is WAY too senior-heavy a lineup for what’s supposed to be a rebuilding year.  Very worried about 2022.

And if we didn’t have seniors ready to produce, you would be complaining about our youth and how you are worried about that this year. Find a different Schtick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we were expecting 9-10 wins this year I’d be okay with it. But most people are expecting a rebuilding year, no? It’s not good when you’re rebuilding but expect the next year to be even more of a rebuilding year. With another all new OL would Tank really want to play another year and risk hurting his NFL prospects? 

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

My man crush Eku Leota must be quarantined. No way he missed the two deep 😭

I think Lee Hunter might be out too 

Yeah, that's a mystery. I expected Eku to start. I still believe he gets a lot of playing time and is a big contributor.  We are deep at DE, and that's a good problem to have.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If we were expecting 9-10 wins this year I’d be okay with it. But most people are expecting a rebuilding year, no? It’s not good when you’re rebuilding but expect the next year to be even more of a rebuilding year. With another all new OL would Tank really want to play another year and risk hurting his NFL prospects? 

This is a new coach first year. You play your best players. Period

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok, but this better not become a case where every year we’re saying “this is a rebuilding year, we’re young, I just hope we’re competitive, 7 wins, etc.” See Tenn over the last 15 years.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Ok, but this better not become a case where every year we’re saying “this is a rebuilding year, we’re young, I just hope we’re competitive, 7 wins, etc.” See Tenn over the last 15 years.

Did you really just make a Tennessee comparison? LMAO. The season hasn't even started yet. If we win 9-10 games this year, I hope to never see you on this forum again. You been complaining non-stop since the hire.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imagine telling Shaun Shivers and Owen Pappoe that you're practicing for next year. 

The stuff people say is so wild. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine telling Shaun Shivers and Owen Pappoe that you're practicing for next year. 

That's definitely not how you want to endear yourself to your new team.  #MassExodus

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AUwent said:

See Auburn the last 8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I will say that yes i am concerned about the senior heavy 2 deep on the OL. But i've been concerned about the OL for going on 5 years now so its not like i'm caught of guard here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I will say that yes i am concerned about the senior heavy 2 deep on the OL. But i've been concerned about the OL for going on 5 years now so its not like i'm caught of guard here

No need to be concerned. We've got like 8 or 9 OL after this year, that's just about two per position and that doesn't even count the long snappers. I've been assured that's plenty.

• Haha 3

I think one thing to keep in mind is that with the depth we have at certain spots we’ll be able to rotate. I’m expecting Leota to get snaps in certain packages. I could also see them rotating Smoke out at times to get a better coverage safety when the need arises. We have that luxury. A lot of these guys will play. Won’t be like Gus where guys fall off the face of the earth or only come in for the one play he has for them (swing pass)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

It's really absurd to think Tank would sit out.  He'll 99% sit out of the bowl game next year if we aren't in the CFP.  And that would be the correct decision.  A few kids got hurt sitting out during COVID, but there was a good reason for them to sit out.  Ja'Marr Chase was probably the only one that sat out and still drafted as expected.  

If Tank sits out just b/c it'll ding his draft stock.  Especially b/c how RBs in the league are treated as easy replacements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It's really absurd to think Tank would sit out.  He'll 99% sit out of the bowl game next year if we aren't in the CFP.  And that would be the correct decision.  A few kids got hurt sitting out during COVID, but there was a good reason for them to sit out.  Ja'Marr Chase was probably the only one that sat out and still drafted as expected.  

If Tank sits out just b/c it'll ding his draft stock.  Especially b/c how RBs in the league are treated as easy replacements.

not true

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

not true

Who else sat out last year and was still drafted high?  Swell maybe?  

I did preface that with "probably", but I didn't want to research everyone & didn't know a definitive list.  Chase was just one of the more obvious ones.

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who else sat out last year and was still drafted high?  Swell maybe?  

I did preface that with "probably", but I didn't want to research everyone & didn't know a definitive list.  Chase was just one of the more obvious ones.

Sewell, Slater, Parsons and Rousseau were the top consensus players that opted out completely and all went where they were expected after the push of QB's that became obvious.  Bateman was in and out of opting out and still went right where he was expected.  Now guys F'd up their workouts and tested poorly which cost guys, but that was no different than players that did not opt out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Sewell, Slater, Parsons and Rousseau were the top consensus players that opted out completely and all went where they were expected after the push of QB's that became obvious.  Bateman was in and out of opting out and still went right where he was expected.  Now guys F'd up their workouts and tested poorly which cost guys, but that was no different than players that did not opt out.

Gotcha.  There were a few more and they went in the 1st.  I don't think this starts a pattern like bowl game opt outs.  The pandemic gave everyone a legit reason.  Also, there was a possibility that the season wouldn't even been played.  Didn't Fields opt out, then opt back in when the B1G found a way to play?

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Miller and Canion, too. 

Several major names not on this 2-deep. I think we can expect that to continue to be the case, at least throughout the first half of the season. It's all the same. Only the names will change.

(Either I'm right or this is a reverse jinx that helps the team.)

I think that’s good news that we have some legit depth!

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Nah Shivers and Pappoe are good to start. I’m talking more the OL.

But if we’re starting this many seniors, I’m starting to think 9-4 (counting bowl) shouldn’t be an unfair expectation.

Edited by AUwent

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Nah Shivers and Pappoe are good to start. I’m talking more the OL.

But if we’re starting this many seniors, I’m starting to think 9-4 (counting bowl) shouldn’t be an unfair expectation.

Vegas has us at 6.5 to 7.5 wins I'd be happy with 8 especially with the schedule we have

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Vegas has us at 6.5 to 7.5 wins I'd be happy with 8 especially with the schedule we have

I rest my case as to why I'm not pleased at the number of seniors we're starting. Before I read the depth chart I would've been quite happy with 7-5 and then a bowl win, with the losses being close (followed by a top 20 recruiting class).

Edited by AUwent