Official Week 1 Depth Chart

McLoofus

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too many surprises based on scrimmage and practice intel.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic based on last year but that 2 deep on defense looks stout.  I have a feeling you'll see a lot of rotation on that side.  Guard position is interesting.  I'd have thought Council would beat out Jackson.  Manning and Keiondre both sound like they had good off-season's.  I'm sure they'll both get plenty of work in the next two games before Auburn heads up to Happy Valley.  

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No Canion??

Yea I noticed that too. He was running with the ones and now he’s completely gone. Covid or doghouse? Hmm

I bet Dreshaun Miller is regretting his decision, big time. He could have stayed at WVU and started. He must have thought it would be a cakewalk here. 

little did he know, we got some beasts is the secondary!

image.gif.829fd865d8a8abf2419f549b4fd633b5.gif

The "ors" on the OL are a little odd IMO. Not sure what to think about that. Glad they have several that they feel can play and contribute but i wish the OL was more settled than that. Surprised the West Virginia DB is not showing up on the depth chart. 

I'm going to guess the star position is a LB type that can play on the line or drop into coverage with more emphasis on coverage. While the DE position that has Hall and Moultry is the same but with more emphasis on pass rushing. I love all the interchangeable parts in the secondary. They should be a tough bunch if they all have the scheme figured out. 

Congrats to Bo on holding onto the starting QB spot. Interested to see if or how much chance TJ gets in the first game. 

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Jackson is probably the biggest surprise to me on the whole DC

40 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Pegues already on the two deep at NT. Love it. 

eating crow meme - Google Search | Crow, Black bird, Humble pie

(Actually, I never said he wouldn't be good, only that he could have been good at TE and that it wasn't a given that he'd be better than the other guys on the DL... and we did have some unexpected attrition on the interior DL... but still, I think it only fair that I post this. Was it @auburnphan specifically to whom I should offer this first? It was so long ago. I just remember that @fredst doesn't get to watch. No crow show for you, mister.)

Glad for Shed but I still think Capers and Canion will get a lot of snaps at that spot. Disappointed that my man crush Height couldn’t crack it. This is just a guess, but I bet some of Canion, Tenison, Miller, etc may be battling with minor injuries. Those guys are too good to not even crack the depth chart

So, trying not to infer too much...but those "OR" aren't in alphabetical order so Imma guess the 1st ones are the starters.

Troxell/Council/Brahms/Jones/Hamm is our starting OL.

Just goes to show it's not the smartest thing to think you know a guy is starting because of what you saw during warm ups

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jackson is probably the biggest surprise to me on the whole DC

Yeah, who would have guessed two seniors starting at WR. 

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Glad for Shed but I still think Capers and Canion will get a lot of snaps at that spot. Disappointed that my man crush Height couldn’t crack it. This is just a guess, but I bet some of Canion, Tenison, Miller, etc may be battling with minor injuries. Those guys are too good to not even crack the depth chart

Yep. And who knows who's out for, uh, illness reasons. *NOT* starting *THAT* conversation, but it is a reality for this team that guys will miss time because of that. Just glad it's not particularly acute in the WR corps or affecting the OL at all this first week.

I think Shed is going to provide huge value. I've always expected that he'll be a lunch pail glue guy that will do the unglamorous stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet. This might seem disingenuous after I made so much fun of Gus for his preference for blocking over pass catching at the WR position, but the difference here would be that Shed is the exception and not the rule. I think we need a guy like him in the WR room to go along with the playmakers. Could be wrong and don't ask me to explain what that means because I don't think I really know.

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I mean, everyone knew DR was going to be our starting WR the day he announced his transfer to us.  Srs or not, let the best one play

Just now, McLoofus said:

I think Shed is going to provide huge value. I've always expected that he'll be a lunch pail glue guy that will do the unglamorous stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet. This might seem disingenuous after I made so much fun of Gus for his preference for blocking over pass catching at the WR position, but the difference here would be that Shed is the exception and not the rule. I think we need a guy like him in the WR room to go along with the playmakers. Could be wrong and don't aske me to explain what that means because I don't think I really know.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if a guy completely misused breaks out under the new regime.  Would be cool for him...not sure really anyone had him as a projected starter.  Hell or even in the 2 deep

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, everyone knew DR was going to be our starting WR the day he announced his transfer to us.  Srs or not, let the best one play

I worded that very poorly. My bad. I actually was not being sarcastic.

I was thinking back to before we got DR and we all expected a young WR corp. I didn't expect Shed to be a starter either. And here we are with 2 of 3 starters as seniors. 

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Shed has had a history of having slippery popcorn hands. And Canion/Capers have both generally been predicted during the spring, summer, and fall in that spot. So it is a little surprising. Good on him though. He grabbed back his spot. 

Edit - Nevermind. I see that you clarified your remarks.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think anyone would be shocked if a guy completely misused breaks out under the new regime. 

I think Jackson was the only kind of WR Gus somewhat did know how to use. 

I think Javy Johnson qualifies as the guy you just described. I called him Ryan Davis with some Steve Smith in him when we recruited him. Hoping he proves me right. 

I'm happy for Troxell finally being healthy enough to win the tackle spot. Poor guy's knees seemed like they were made of pudding...

Archived