Football is back!

Win4AU

Will Bert put a nail in Scott Frost’s casket?

Will Hawaii upset UCLA who may be looking forward to LSU?

That’s about it.  Still better than nothing.  Ready to see packed stadiums.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Will Bert put a nail in Scott Frost’s casket?

Will Hawaii upset UCLA who may be looking forward to LSU?

That’s about it.  Still better than nothing.  Ready to see packed stadiums.  

Yep, I'm looking forward to watching some college football.  I'll take the Fighting Illini and Bruins. 

• Like 1

i heard nebrasca facilities are so bad the team has asked for asylum in somalia. on a serious note i was a huge frost fan and i am shocked at how far he has fallen. i am not sure what happened other than i was told their facilities were worse than most jails. how does such a mighty program fall so low?

we have uab and jax state i believe in the crampton bowl in montgomery wednesday night. i will be watching that one as well and pulling for the mighty cocks. anyone know if we have any ex auburn players on j'villes team?

is berts team that good or is neb that bad?

The season has just got started but I gotta say the UCLA cheerleaders are top 5 as far as I can tell.  😳😍

31 - 3 Bruins going into the half btw.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 1

Kudos to old Bert for the win. He may actually turn out to be a good hire for Illinois. I doubt he’ll compete for big10 championships or anything but they’ll win more than they lose and that’s probably good enough for Illinois. On the flip side man was that a tough loss for Nebraska. Crazy that Frost has turned out to be so bad there. Looked like the perfect fit to get that program going again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Can we hire Scott frost as an analyst soon?

Not sure we want that 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

is berts team that good or is neb that bad?

Watched the second quarter, they’re O is awful!

QB with history of 36 TOS in the last 3 years. Gave up fumble foe TD. Hard to imagine that historic program can’t draw any better talent.

3 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Can we hire Scott frost as an analyst soon?

Saban will and will resurrect his career. 

Signed,

Night Train and Sark

On 8/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, gravejd said:

Kudos to old Bert for the win. He may actually turn out to be a good hire for Illinois. I doubt he’ll compete for big10 championships or anything but they’ll win more than they lose and that’s probably good enough for Illinois. On the flip side man was that a tough loss for Nebraska. Crazy that Frost has turned out to be so bad there. Looked like the perfect fit to get that program going again. 

Bert is being smart and going after these Chicago kids.  I’ve never understood why Illinois wasn’t better at football than they are.  Is it a tough academic university?  Lincoln may be a beautiful town but I wonder if the game has passed them by.  How were they so good 20 years ago and so average now?  Gotta be tough to recruit there.  Maybe Gus can pick it up after Frost is booted.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:56 PM, AUGoo said:

QB with history of 36 TOS in the last 3 years. Gave up fumble foe TD. Hard to imagine that historic program can’t draw any better talent.

They used to recruit in California quite a bit and they were early adopters of steroid use.  They don't get much talent in Neb, and so the game caught up and then passed them by.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 6:56 PM, AUGoo said:

History doesn't mean s*** when it was before current recruits were alive and with a team with s*** facilities, in a s*** location, with s***ty results for the last 20 years. 

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

History doesn't mean s*** when it was before current recruits were alive and with a team with s*** facilities, in a s*** location, with s***ty results for the last 20 years. 

So, I think you're saying that their outlook is kind of s%@#*&ty?

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

So, I think you're saying that their outlook is kind of s%@#*&ty?

100%. They have nothing going for them. They will need major money influx, coupled with the best coach catching fire in a bottle multiple years in a row for Ne to ever be more than a has been. 

• Like 1