SIAP - Zac Etheridge

Tigerpro2a

he was one of my favorites! thanx for posting.

1. Man, what the hell AL.com? Where did this come from? Maybe you were hacked? Hopefully we don't have to wait another 12 years to get a decent Auburn piece from you 👏

2. Regardless of what is said, a great Dad makes a great difference. It did for Zac, and it looks like he is continuing the legacy.

3. Auburn has had some high character coaches. Auburn men. Good on Coach Chiz and Coach Roof - and now Coach Etheridge. Keep that creed going 😁

I'll never forget that game, that moment. Rodney Scott is a hero.  That injury hits home for me, and when it happened I was praying that Rodney wouldn't jump up.  Zach's injury, and recovery, is an absolute miracle.  

11 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

1. Man, what the hell AL.com? Where did this come from? Maybe you were hacked? Hopefully we don't have to wait another 12 years to get a decent Auburn piece from you 👏

Their Auburn YouTube vidjas are normally pretty darn good tbh.

Thanks for sharing.  I remember being in Jordan-Hare as a student when the injury happened.  I remember how quiet we all where terrified we just watched someone die.  I am incredibly happy to see him coaching for us.  

16 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Many of the same team physicians are still in place thanks to early immobilization and treatment on that day. Pretty amazing stuff all around.

Also props to Rodney Scott for laying still for the doctors to properly transfer Zac. 

I was in the stadium that day & remember it vividly. I remember how the the "murmur" went through the quiet crowd as we realized that both our guy & the Ole Miss player weren't moving & at 1st we thought both were hurt. I remember when the Ole Miss guy could finally get up & ran off the field, & then we knew it was just our guy. Somehow word got around that it was Zac. I remember when they got him on the stretcher & were wheeling him off the field & the crowd started chanting, "Zac! Zac! Zac!" And I remember when he was able to give a thumbs up in response, & it felt like the whole stadium exhaled. He's been special to us ever since, & it's special to have him back on the Plains!

Archived