Preseason ESPN Football Power Index (plus other polls)

CleCoTiger

Just took a look at ESPN's preseason FPI. I dunno how folks in general feel about the ESPN football power index but I find it interesting enough to follow. Anyway...

The preseason FPI has our AU Tigers at 17th and projects a record of 7-5. In the preseason I've been figuring 6-6 on the low side with a possibility of 9-3 if everything goes just right.  If you look at the FPI for just the SEC, the preseason poll has our Tigers sixth overall in the conference and fourth in the SEC West.

Also took a quick look at the preseason AP and Coaches polls. Neither have our Tigers in the top 25 but both have Auburn getting votes. If the polls were a top 30, our Tigers would be 29th in the coaches poll and 30th in the AP.

Preseason polls are pretty meaningless. (Heck, has there ever been a year in which every team ended up where they were in preseason polls?) But it's interesting from a perception standpoint at least.

Here's hoping the Tigers shock the world!

Edited by CleCoTiger
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Just took a look at ESPN's preseason FPI. I dunno how folks in general feel about the ESPN football power index but I find it interesting enough to follow. Anyway...

The preseason FPI has our AU Tigers at 17th and projects a record of 7-5. In the preseason I've been figuring 6-6 on the low side with a possibility of 9-3 if everything goes just right.  If you look at the FPI for just the SEC, the preseason poll has our Tigers sixth overall in the conference and fourth in the SEC West.

Seems about right to me.